Space Travel

+
Space travel on Crystal Palace could be fun, during a mission or something (ala Neuromancer, when they have to go in the Tessier-Ashpool station), but logicaly you should have to leave once your ticket is over (and ticket should be hella expensive), It's something like Dubaï, Ibiza or those kind of place, you can't live there unless you're very rich.
In counterpart, once on Crystal Palace, you should be able to get rare items/weapon/etc, as all the most important manufactures are there (Orbital manufacturing is supposed to be a sign of really high quality).

Why would said colonist want to visit any city back on earth, let alone Night City? First, it costs about $18,000 per kg to get into orbit again. Second, there is the issue of how weak and frail said colonist would be, (due to the muscle atrophy and bone degradation of living in low/zero gravity.) Third, there is much bitterness against highriders after they deliberately landed asteroids on terrestrial cities.

Because from what I've read the colonies are a big part of Cyberpunk lore and it would be a shame to miss out on it just because we're stuck on earth. Many colonists are rich so the $ per Kg is not a problem, nor is muscle atrophy because of prosthesis, and the bitterness and hatred would add life to the world. I don't think there should be many of them, maybe a just small enclave of outcasts, CEO's that went bankrupt, criminals that left to hide, a smart fixer who will get you crystal gear for obscenely marked up prices, a rare visit from a powerful corporate that is conducting business so sensitive even encrypted data links aren't enough and he needs to meet in person, ect. Maybe it it's not logical, but I still think it would be cool, especially since I doubt we will see space travel, and I'm not sure CDPR are to keen on DLC.

I prefer the term 'practical', but I will accept snarky. You on the other hand have blinkers on.

Wether space travel/exploration is valid or present in the Cyberpunk 2020/2077 setting is not the issue. It's about wether or not it has a place in the game, (or at least the first edition.) Sure, Crystal Palace and the other LEO stations and habitats are present. Sure there are reasons to go there. But as any half decent card player knows, you don't show your hand too early.

If there is going to be space travel or Low Orbit flights of any kind, then CDPR should hold off and use it for content in future Cyberpunk games or additional content.

Oh, and before I forget, what has space exploration got to do with Cyberpunk? A world stripped of wealth and resources by the corrupt megacorporations that do nothing unless the profit margins are high enough. Space exploration is expensive and high risk, two of the things that the corporations avoid like the plague.

In fact, please answer this question:

Which is more Cyberpunk:

The aging mercenary, walking down a neon lit street littered with the detritus of corporate advertising andtakeaway food wrappers, a constant drizzle slowly soaking through his old coat, searching for a new contract and another doc that can keep him in stimulants and new reflex boosting implants while also patching him up.

or

How about this question:

Please name one Cyberpunk movie that featured space travel or exploration, (other than Alien - which was more Horor in my view,) other than by reference.

One.... Gattaca was pretty damn cyberpunk....

2 to answer your question, Outland, 2001,

no DLC, put it in the game, once the witcher 3 crew finishes up use that team for project space station.

Meh, other than crystal palace, off-planet in cyberpunk is just immensely boring... and Crystal Palace itself is really just a resort and convention center in space...

There is no need to focus on that in the main game, as most edgerunners will never go there, never even dream of it.

Total Recall had space travel, although I'm not sure I'd qualify it as cyberpunk. Blade Runner mentioned it frequently, of course, but as background.
It was important as background, BECAUSE it provided a cleaner, purer alternative to contrast with the gritty ugly setting. Space had to be unattainable in BR as it represented the Better Life the characters could never have. Even the replicants, who "came from" space in their way, were examples of how disposable non-humans do all the dirty work Offworld.

Which is the role the Crystal Palace and off-world typically serves in CP2020. Cleaner, purer, safer, better. Not For You, Punk. Which is great! From such contrasts come definition and flavour.

Now, one of my favourite PnP campaign went to space for an extended amount of time - Mars, the Moon, Orbit. Very well done, still cyberpunk as all get out and properly portrayed as how even in the "better world" off Earth, eventually humans still screw each other over. But it only worked because

first we spent months in Night City and then other terrestrial locations.

So that it could provide a contrast to the Cyberpunk setting that had already been established.

Which is why it's so important that 2077 be as perfectly Cyberpunk as possible. Everything after that can have space or powered armour or deltas or aliens or WHATEVER you've seen in other cyberpunk-style flicks....as long as the first one is as pure as they can make it.

Oh, another cyberpunk style space flick is Outland, with Sean Connery. Excellent - watch it if you haven't.

Ah... you can disregard everything I have said, and just read this instead...

...a spaceport for tourists...
...all of my 'wat?' o_o ?

Are you at all familiar with the source material this game is being based on? I'm genuinely curious.

People (well... Chris and warsend, mostly,) have kept repeating over and over why space travel would (and SHOULD) be bloodly well unlikely for the likes of you / us, and you seem to just keep coming back with, "cuz spaceship! pew pew pew!"

CP2077 shouldn't be like a Grand Theft Auto franchise, where at the end, you "win" and wind up being fabulously rich.

"Winning" should be not being killed, and only having to choose between your significant other and your sibling winding up in front of a firing squad, instead of both of them.

Going to the Crystal Palace shouldn't be as casual as booking a flight on Priceline or Travelocity. It should be closer to booking a flight on the (now defunct) Concorde... but VASTLY more expensive / exclusive. And well beyond the means of a grimy 'Punk like you.

But im my "game" im not a punk im pretty rich and succesful and i want to go to space.

You can't be serious.. Doesn't matter who your character are.. Unless you are a corporate, you wont start off with much money and even if you are a corporate, you will start at the very bottom of the food chain.. No one will give you boatloads of cash for out of nowhere for doing a job that the other guy would do it for next to nothing.. And trust me, they could always find someone who will do the job for the half price.. You won't get rich that easily..

i like space, i think its a fun place, i dont want mass effect star trek space its too clean i want dirty space and also less evolved.

i like space, i think its a fun place, i dont want mass effect star trek space its too clean i want dirty space and also less evolved.

I'm sure lots of games out there fit that description. The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay for example.

Cyberpunk 2077 will probably have us too entertained in Night City for us to worry much about space...

I'm sure lots of games out there fit that description. The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay for example.

Cyberpunk 2077 will probably have us too entertained in Night City for us to worry much about space...

Crystal Palace DLC would be fine too

Yes it would. DLC I'd like to see would be Crystal Palace, Europe, Japan just for a start. Maybe Socal?

Top Bottom