Spawn Animal NPC

+
Spawn Animal NPC

Hi there,

for a new quest I want to spawn a dog as an npc who can walk to certain waypoints and bark, so basically I would need him to be one of the usual actor npcs. The problem is that I can't get the dog to spawn with a community. I already tried to set him as "NewNpc" in his entity, tried to just drag him into the level (which worked when he was still an animal entity, but then he would not walk to a waypoint).
Does anyone know if it is even possible to have animals in Redkit controlled? I remember quests in The Witcher 1 with walking animals, but not in The Witcher 2, so maybe it is just not possible. If you guys know anything about it or got it to work, please let me know. :)

Maybe it's possible to create an entity of ordinary human npc, and than just change his appearance and behaviour?

Vinthir

CD PROJEKT RED
Animals don't have their own AI in The Witcher 2, so the existing entities won't be of use. You could try and create animals with AI (I know this can be attempted, I'm afraid I dunno how to do that though) but if you succeeded there would still remain the problem of movement - animals don't have proper movement animations (only walking forward).

Top Bottom