"Special Clothing" slot... For fashion!

+
The Special Clothing slot would be an easier way to add some NPC outfits (Mox! ;) ) into the game. These outfits could be "stat-free" so as to not affect the loot tables. Basically, make Special Clothing slot become an appearance slot.

Actually, there IS such slot... :) It just seems to be not that many outfits to put into there :)

I think op meant that the special slot can be used for such things. Regardless, I also wanted to add that there apparently are items such as this as well:

from the Chppin' In quest
Johnny's Arm.jpg

photomode_21122020_190124.png

photomode_21122020_190835.png

And yes, that's outside of a sequence or quest. This is free-roaming with the equipped item. But appears holographic like the sequences where Johnny takes control.

Agree with you just let transmog to outfit piece by piece many cloth from NPC looks nice such lower waist pant, net short pant, nip cover, tank top from leader Gangs and etc.

I think outfits shouldn't provide stats at all. You get outfit slots to make your V look the way you want... and then you have clothing MOD slots, which are either provided by the piece of clothing (rank / price dependent) or unlocked via skill. Boom, done. Mods give you stats, clothing makes you look awesome... NOW we can chase those 4 styles that were advertised in the marketing materials.

But, as so many other things in this game, it's another system that was left rushed and unfinished.

All they would need to do is add a "fashion" crafting window that creates a special outfit that goes into that slot form a doll that you can dress up.

Honestly wouldn't be that much work.

I've not seen any mods come out yet which use this slot; so far we have only item replacement mods, using meshes obtained from NPC files which replace items like 'spiked jacket' or 'Johnny's shirt/pants' (being the most common) or face items like gas masks.. It is a good idea to use this slot but I am not sure how it is configured for mod purposes and as someone has already remarked there are almost no outfits which use this slot anyway which could be replaced. IF CDPR release full modding support and all relevant info, then we might expect bespoke outfits to be created for V as entirely new designs. The impetus for this will come from the modding community; it is unlikely to be a priority for the devs given the giant mess of failed player expectations they are already reeling from. Hopefully, the day will come when we get a full mod package and then you will see real creativity

I would like to be able to wear gloves. I mean, npc's wear them. So they're obviously already in the game assets.

I feel pretty confident advanced fashion mods will be a thing eventually. It's pretty amazing what modders can do, given some time.

One of the "maxims" of the game setting is "style over substance" so I say no to the idea of a transmog. (It took me a bit to come around to this btw, my original thought was "gimme transmog aaarrrrrrggghhh".) The exception to this is dyes, which I think should just be a mod that goes in a mod slot - got 1 slot, do you want to have that in black or do you want that combat mod? Style or Substance choom?

What the game needs IMO is less randomisation in stores and more stores (like the Mox one selling their merch to you). Having more stores with a more limited randomisation would let you actually get the style you want rather than being stuck in RNG hell. Pushing RNG in stores encourages breaking immersion as it is better to reload them until you get what you are looking for from the store.

Stores also desperately need a "preview" function for clothes - the more common items are easy to predict what they will look like, but sometimes you need to see what it will look like with certain other items or there is some strange item that you need to see (or the many dresses with basically the same icon but variations in their looks).

Let me save outfits, boom. Problem solved. Max 20. Im a flashy dude
So very much this as well. I'd love to have 3 pre-set outfits that are easy to swap, for me it would be adventure, social, casual.

One of the "maxims" of the game setting is "style over substance" so I say no to the idea of a transmog. (It took me a bit to come around to this btw, my original thought was "gimme transmog aaarrrrrrggghhh".) The exception to this is dyes, which I think should just be a mod that goes in a mod slot - got 1 slot, do you want to have that in black or do you want that combat mod? Style or Substance choom?

What the game needs IMO is less randomisation in stores and more stores (like the Mox one selling their merch to you). Having more stores with a more limited randomisation would let you actually get the style you want rather than being stuck in RNG hell. Pushing RNG in stores encourages breaking immersion as it is better to reload them until you get what you are looking for from the store.

Stores also desperately need a "preview" function for clothes - the more common items are easy to predict what they will look like, but sometimes you need to see what it will look like with certain other items or there is some strange item that you need to see (or the many dresses with basically the same icon but variations in their looks).

So very much this as well. I'd love to have 3 pre-set outfits that are easy to swap, for me it would be adventure, social, casual.

I was actually reading that sourcebook today, and their meaning was that how cool you look, or how much charisma you have somehow should bend the stats around them. So the GM, might increase your chances of success based on how badass you were while doing it.

With that premise, I don't think you should be weaker if you want to look cool.

looking at what the modders can do nowadays with appearance.... there was a lot of potential for coolness lost... and perhaps....

but yeah, ideally they should rework the appearance systems, and use more/all of the things they already designed in game for players as well. some of them are buggy though I guess

This is something that will likely be a mod on Nexus Mods ... eventually.
Officially, it's doubtful something likethis will get got put in the game.

Things like this; protip - look for mods on Nexus ... and if it's not there ... wait.

I was actually reading that sourcebook today, and their meaning was that how cool you look, or how much charisma you have somehow should bend the stats around them. So the GM, might increase your chances of success based on how badass you were while doing it.
I'm curious which sourcebook you were reading, because things like the 2020 rules and Chromebook 1 don't present the idea in a mechanical sense, purely a narrative/setting concept one.

There are some good ideas put forward here for the Devs to hopefully look at if they're not already, whether that be through transmog , a change appearance option or clothing pre sets you can load up. I suppose it's all a bit superficial seeing as it's a 1st person shooter but there are some really good looking outfits being worn by NPC's and photo mode is a good addition to the game imo.

The stores could sure use a good workover at some stage though. it's good that what they sell is location specific but the random come back tomorrow and try your luck system could be better.

There are some good ideas put forward here for the Devs to hopefully look at if they're not already, whether that be through transmog , a change appearance option or clothing pre sets you can load up. I suppose it's all a bit superficial seeing as it's a 1st person shooter but there are some really good looking outfits being worn by NPC's and photo mode is a good addition to the game imo.

Superficial or not, visual aesthetics has a demonstrably huge appeal in the gaming community. I.e. people willing to grind/pay out their nose for skins, items, etc. Many games have large portions of their playerbase more or less dedicated to fashion. A well designed photo mode as well as suitable platforms for the community to share media does indeed elevate that aspect of the game to greater heights.

Hopefully we'll never see any microtransactions at all in this game, though.

Top Bottom