Special Premium Keg should garantee no duplicates or full dust return on duplicates

+
^This

4000 scraps is a lot, but as someone who played since beta, CDPR's decision made me wonder what's their data looks like, so I spent scraps to craft all the cards I don't have (1 each gold and 2 each bronze), and I still got 130k+ left. Considering the fact that crimson curse expanion cost roughly 25k to craft all cards, 4000 scrap a keg for 5 premium is a good deal for those who have all the scraps in the world (I got 130k+ but I know plenty of ppl played way more extensively than I did)

That and the fact that it is released, changing its price now would mean riot for those who already purchased :)

However! This special premium keg should garantee no duplicate premium card, that is, you don't get more same bronze premium if you already have 2 premium of that, and you don't get same gold premium if you already have it.

I think it is only fair, considering the fact that you can only craft premium through dust, and if you purchased a big keg bundle before (for example the crimson curse pre-order bundle), you know that after few dozens kegs you will have all the bronzes but far from getting all the gold cards

If CDPR really want us to purchase this special premium keg, they should make this happen, so players spent their scraps don't get diminished value

I wonder if that would even be possible to implement. The kegs would need to be tailored for every player depending on their collection... and what if someone with a full premium collection wanted to buy those kegs (to use them as a "scrap sink")? Hardly fair.

Not to mention the complicated implementation could raise the kegs' price tag.

The special kegs are only a temporary offer, and no one is required to buy them, so I don't see why they should see such a drastic change.

I agree that this would make sense in that case. No idea how difficult it would be to implement here, but a few other CCGs do already have some sort of duplicate protection.

If you do this it would mean that I will only get premiums for cards that I do not have premiums for... which just wont happen and even I would not do it if I was a designer of a game.

The simple solution was to make them Crimson Curse kegs. Thus, despite the ridiculous overpricing, I would actually lure more players to invest their tons of scraps (me included), cause what I've got from only 10 kegs for that price felt like a combination of three fingers with a predominant middle one.

I wonder if that would even be possible to implement. The kegs would need to be tailored for every player depending on their collection... and what if someone with a full premium collection wanted to buy those kegs (to use them as a "scrap sink")? Hardly fair.

Not to mention the complicated implementation could raise the kegs' price tag.

The special kegs are only a temporary offer, and no one is required to buy them, so I don't see why they should see such a drastic change.
I agree that this would make sense in that case. No idea how difficult it would be to implement here, but a few other CCGs do already have some sort of duplicate protection.
If you do this it would mean that I will only get premiums for cards that I do not have premiums for... which just wont happen and even I would not do it if I was a designer of a game.

The simple solution was to make them Crimson Curse kegs. Thus, despite the ridiculous overpricing, I would actually lure more players to invest their tons of scraps (me included), cause what I've got from only 10 kegs for that price felt like a combination of three fingers with a predominant middle one.

Actually it won't be that difficult...plenty of games have loot table that not yielding certain item if you already have it.

That or full dust return for duplicates when you open kegs

I was looking for some conversation on this topic since i looked at the cost and the apparently random cards and i was stratching my head at it, wondering if there was something i wasn't understanding properly.
Post automatically merged:

But it seems there wasn't. I figure that since this is clearly meant as a goldsink (scrapsink) mechanic, it should at least work properly. Push it closer to guaranteeing new premium cards and jack up the price accordingly. You know, so you don't end up with people who buy the entire premium sets in one evening and then get bored.
At 4k it's already priced outside the range of a new or occasional/casual player so there's no point in worring about them.
But make the mechanic work for the veteran players. Make it a very expensive one, but a very expensive one that works.

Top Bottom