Speculation: The Witcher for Mac

+
Speculation: The Witcher for Mac

Didn't spot a topic about this, but apparently someone on NeoGAF found something recently added to the Steam registry, hinting that The Witcher might be supporting Mac, soon. If this is only for the Steam version of the game or not, remains to be seen.

App ID 209500
Last Updated 2012-03-28 18:42:19
Name The Witcher Mac
Installation Directory The Witcher Mac
Minimum Cache Size 0
Maximum Cache Size 0
Launch Options
Description Default
Command Line "The Witcher.app"
Icon Index 0
No Desktop Shortcut false
No Start Menu Shortcut false
Long Running Unattended false
Platform macos
On First Launch -1
Is Bandwidth Greedy true
Versions (show) Hidden
Current Version ID 0
Filesystems
App ID 209501
Is Optional false
Platform macos
Trickle Version ID -1
User Defined icon =
order = 1
state = eStateAvailable
gamedir = The Witcher Mac
homepage =
NoServers = 1
developer =
primarycache = 209501
serverbrowsername =
ValidOSList = macos
primarycache_macos = 209501
installscript_macos = The Witcher.app/installscript_osx.vdf
Beta Version Password foo
Beta Version ID -1
Legacy Installation Dir
Skip MFP Overwrite false
Use Filesystem DVR false
Manifest Only App true
App of Manifest Only Cache 0
Source

As someone who used to game on macs, I have serious doubts about their ability to run this game. Perhaps the most powerful macs, but even then I doubt it would run very well. They just arent designed for gaming.

nstiver said:
As someone who used to game on macs, I have serious doubts about their ability to run this game. Perhaps the most powerful macs, but even then I doubt it would run very well. They just arent designed for gaming.

When saying "Mac", they of course mean MAC OS. Its an operating system and can be installed on every pc, not only on apple notebooks.

nstiver said:
nstiver said:
When saying "Mac", they of course mean MAC OS. Its an operating system and can be installed on every pc, not only on apple notebooks.
Sorry, yes, MAC OS and this is referring to the first Witcher game, not The Witcher 2, as far as I know.

Top Bottom