[SPOILER] Adam Smasher. Character we have lost.

+

Who is mr. Smasher?

• Big Bad Boss, mindless killing machine

Votes: 66 74.2%
  • Complex Character, Man who has a story to tell

Votes: 23 25.8%

• Total voters
What is the differnce between a great story and an average one? Dont rush with an answer. Think for a moment, i'll wait

In my humble opinion great story is always a way more complicated than an obvious "Good vs Evil". Maybe you have played such legendary game as Morrowind. In the end you can not be sure about Voryn Dagoth being a villain. Every single person in that story is both villain and victim. Including yourself, your alter-ego. The game offers you developed, deep and unique vision of many people going through the trial of power.

So with an aid of this once expirienced vision i'm looking now at Adam Smasher. The character completely ruined and doomed to be only a "Big Bad Boss". Even if he has nothing in his story to be the one. He's not Frank Horrigan who lost his mind via FEV mutation. No. Adam Smasher is an 80 years old human. Not a madman. Not a machine. Not a maniac. Human nature always leads to obtaining a balance. If someone is sane and in the right mind he will always overcome his daemons. Or he will end up much earlier. Broken mind never lasts long. Adam is alive and he is at very venerable age to be either a freak or a mindless tool of destruction. We can see him as a reasonable person through his messages. But in the end he is only a Big Bad Boss.

We have a character who lived more than half of his life as a full cyborg. Who obviously questioned his own humanity like Major Kusanagi did. Who faced an issue of being more machine than human. Who maybe feels himself a slave or in a hopeless dependence of Arasaka technical support. Who knows more about suffering than many others. Who killed many and got tired from slaughter like any soldier. And who has come to a certain conclussions in his thoughts. This man certainly has a story to tell. His story. Being longer than an average human life this days.

In the end of the story V may face not a mindless killing machine, but a philosopher, a thinker, maybe even a stoic. And V can face many options through the duel of minds with this honorable enemy. Solve this clash with force or with wisdom. Even if Adam draws himself being a zealot like Viktor Marchenko in DX:MD. An opportunity we never had. And will never have. Maybe.

Безымянный_(1).png

Post automatically merged:

Regardless of complexities, regardless of growing wisdom, remorse, or regret.

Whatever his story - it will end with V every single time I play Cyberpunk 2077.

Justice in night city is rare, so the least that can be done is justice for all the people Smasher hurt.

---

But as always I'm always for more exploration of any and all characters in Night City. Who knows....years from now I could end up playing a wiser, more thoughtful V who might not one day pull the trigger at the end.

Under used character for sure. Imagine a story arc where he would randomly show up in the open world to fight you like nemesis, though, not as annoying.

Whatever his story - it will end with V every single time I play Cyberpunk 2077.

Justice in night city is rare, so the least that can be done is justice for all the people Smasher hurt.

Well, i cant see Adam Smasher being a criminal under the circumstances and i dont find myself able to judge him. For me its like judging medieval duke for violence and murders he commited to reign or to follow the will of his king.
But i'm doomed to kill him. Even if i do not want. The game leaves no option.

Well. Adam smasher is just a petty unlikable person from V's perspective.

I felt no connection to Smasher and I was not mad at him that he tried to stop me. It's his job.
Johnny was mad at him, because Smasher stopped him.

V on die other hand...
He was just an obstacle.

Nad BTW. in the core material, Smasher was an insane being, who killed for the rush. Walking cyberpsychosos. A person who shed blood for fun.
In this game? Who cares.

well.. Rogue did put a granade into his thorso,
and after that he whent down
you didnt fight a fully functional Adam Smasher..

not that that wouldnt change anything in a game where you have to defete him to continue

the hardest fight i had in the game was vs Rozor. i cant remember how often i had to reload to win this boxfight

smasher is a psychotic, mass murdering merc according to the lore
in 2023 he was a worthy opponent for morgan blackhand but in 2077 he goes down after bitch-slapping him a few times.
Yep, he is. But why we shall look at him through the glasses of our time and our law?
World of this game is not our world. More precisely - Age of this game is not our age. Its a new dark age, cybermedieval.
And who is Adam Smasher? Hes a typical medieval knight. Murderous punk with ambitions. But every punk, even the dumbest one gains some wisdom with years.
And devs forget about it. Bla-bla-bla he's a Monster! Well, every single noble in Middle Ages was a bloody homicidal Monster. But some of those monsters are national heroes this days.
Devs are badly short-sighted in this case. So we are, following them.

---

But as always I'm always for more exploration of any and all characters in Night City. Who knows....years from now I could end up playing a wiser, more thoughtful V who might not one day pull the trigger at the end.
#JusticeForSmasher

Well, i cant see Adam Smasher being a criminal under the circumstances and i dont find myself able to judge him. For me its like judging medieval duke for violence and murders he commited to reign or to follow the will of his king.
But i'm doomed to kill him. Even if i do not want. The game leaves no option.

By contrast: Dude works for Arasaka, he deserves to die.

he is pretty fucked up, even for cyberpunk standards
he detests humans
"metal is better than meat"

i wonder what happens when blackhand shows up via dlc.
he will be pissed that his main rival gets bitch slapped by a random merc from the afterlife

You cant convince even Takemura to stop liking or following Saburo. Old people are hard to convince, some of them has nothing to tell.
"Eat, Shit, Sleep - simple mentality, no thoughtful mind" people exist really. Adam Smasher isnt viewed as villain, is a personal killer machine of Arasaka and he obeys.
Think on bright side, may he wished to be killed in a combat, but a good one. Like a warrior wants to be fair killed for Valhalla.

You cant convince even Takemura to stop liking or following Saburo. Old people are hard to convince, some of them has nothing to tell.

I mean, if a guy has been Hitler's Sauron's bodyguard for decades, he knows what a piece of shit he is and doesn't care.

This guy is not questioning his Emperor.

1610325821880.png

Think on bright side, may he wished to be killed in a combat, but a good one. Like a warrior wants to be fair killed for Valhalla.

I do like his reaction to my standing over him with a katana and saying this for Johnny.

Adam: What the FUCK are you talking about?

Top Bottom