[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Couldn't they just remove the dialoge part about us having 6 months left to live on the Nomad endings? Just get rid of it and it never comes up?
that would not make sense in other endings then. Either johnny fucked up your body or not, you can't make one ending miraculously V being better.

I just want my River romance to play out well, because I deserve that after this torturing story, V deserves it, River deserves it and so do Joss and her kids. And of course everyone else who chose him. because that romance and the family is the only light in this dark world that i need.

that would not make sense in other endings then. Either johnny fucked up your body or not, you can't make one ending miraculously V being better.
That is assuming the V in the Nomad ending is the original V which I know has been brought up countless times. If it is a V in a new body than who cares.

Edit: If V was in a new body she would of had to get cloned to keep the same body so to speak.

Yeah I mean they absolutely could have but then they could have also made Panam say something like "lets enjoy these last 6 months by being free and living life on our own terms", but instead they planted a tiny little seed for us to interpret how we want.

Someone on here quoted an earlier post of mine, and mentioned that some Biotech company (BioDyne??) in the game discovered/released a cure for healing neurological damage and what not.

Found it:

And there's already a thing in the game that can be used here without being too "magical". Sorry if this was brought up already, but... There's a news piece on News 54 about BioDyne creating nanites that can cure MS. So physicaly fixing your neurons. "Little" tweaking and voila... DLC material ready. V is alive.

Credit to @oumajgad

I feel stupid thinking back to how I was anticipating being spoiled for choice as a straight female V. Drooling after my sweet Takemura... then I discover we get River and I'm like... first time I'm skipping romances in a game. Ergh.
Which sucks so bad, because it was one aspect I was really hyped about. Personally I think one additional choice for each of the four current sexualities represented in game (so we actually have a choice), and then one female and one male bisexual, is pretty good. Plus some one-night stands with members of the different gangs/factions (Dum-Dum, Placide, Sasquatch, etc).

As for additional ending(s), I'd love an assimilation ending where Johnny and V merge. Not only would this be incredibly interesting to explore in a potential sequel, but it would be more neutral footing for any potential romance to be written into it. Not gonna lie, I'm kinda interested in the idea of V having a bit of a split personality when she/he and Johnny merge, where sometimes original V finds themselves with weird thoughts, cravings or impulses that are pure Johnny but still feel quite alien to V (though she/he adapts), and how those around V, that know her/him feel about or respond to 'altered V'. Lots of things you could do with it, but ehh, just something I would find a lot of fun.

Honestly a merge ending is really interesting and I kinda thought that would happen if you had gotten along with Johnny really well but you know CDPR had other plans. Would be so much better than seven versions of die quick or die slow. Like V survives and so does Johnny but they are not the same as they were kinda bittersweet end.

That is assuming the V in the Nomad ending is the original V which I know has been brought up countless times. If it is a V in a new body than who cares.

Edit: If V was in a new body she would of had to get cloned to keep the same body so to speak.
that's not how it worked though, the body is still the same, but your mind was basically scanned together with johnny and then separated and then you can either paste johnny or V into the brain back. And for people who thing soul is real soul was honestly destroyed imho even earlier, the moment chip activated.

so. kinda wondering... Do you actually manage anything in the main story of this game? Steal chip to get Rich/famous every body involved dies. Try to convince hanako about the truth, get pwned by arisaka. Voodo boys lead, tryes to kill you. seriously does V manage to do anything in this game the way it was "planned"?

Ah man, thank you, it's been really therapeutic to read through so many people's opinions on this matter! Although this reply is a bit specific (spoilery re: endings/closure if you romance River), I really wanted to get this off my chest and hope y'all don't mind!

Just for context: I think it is a bit shit that there is only one main romance per sexuality, especially considering the endings. I really lucked out in that I really like River and he was the kind of romance I wanted in Night City. But after a questline that I really enjoyed, sex scene that I think was one of the better in the game, agreeing to be in a relationship, and brief (fun) text correspondence, it just kinda died. If you visited, he would have really generic conversation options, and if you phoned he would say (paraphrasing) 'hey babe, I'll call you back soon," and hang up. I naively thought that was the game's way of saying they had no filler content until another quest he would phone you up for. But that quest didn't exist. So, I figured I would look forward to how he would be brought into the ending, and got on with the rest of the game. Eventually people stopped calling and I had no side quests left, so I figured I had burned through all content and went past the point of no return.

Forward to the ending choices >>

It sort of bothered me you could never have a really open conversation with River about the biochip, even though you collapsed in front of Panam and Judy because of it and could chose to explain the situation. But that really, really bothered me on the balcony phonecall when you couldn't tell River what was going on when you called him. He suggests a night cap since you are both awake so late and you can either blatantly lie to him or just vaguely say that you can't. It sucks, it just feels so ingenuine. But I figured, the conversation was otherwise nicely bittersweet, so I would get on and enjoy the ending.

Arasaka: the first option I did. I chose it because I didn't want any of my friends to die for me, but did not think through the implications on Johnny before I went in. I know perhaps that was a bit stupid on my part, but I was too focused on what would be the best way to get the chip out and return to a more stable existence. I actually liked that when you could phone home from space, and tell River what was going on, that he seems to be incredibly determined to find out where exactly in space you were and come find you no matter what. Like, that was actually super sweet. But when I chose the six months option it gave me zero closure regarding what actually happened after that, so I decided to play through another ending.

Panam: I went into this looking for more closure, and didn't consider the implication of leaving Night City afterward. I was just trying out alternative ending options so didn't consider that sure, it would have been a pretty dick move to get the nomads to help you out and then just stay in Night City afterward and let them leave alone after major loses because of you. Obviously, River doesn't want to leave with you because of his family, so you end up having a break up scene that sat really heavy on me. It was super depressing, but his reasoning is honestly logical, and fuck it, I didn't even want to leave night city anyway! So, I figured, what the hell, I would try the Johnny ending, even though I wanted to end things on my own terms and not through him.

Johnny ending: man, this ending would have been the best for my character, if only it didn't skip forward so much in time! It took away the choice of how you wanted to go out and forced your character into doing that one last mission to go out with a bang. I wanted to go visit my friends and romance option again and live out the rest of my life with a priority on them, whilst trying to find a cure. But that just isn't a choice. Instead, the game suggests I have been really distant towards River those last months, which sucked as an ending because I left on the mission feeling like things with him weren't going so well! He says he's going to visit his family and you have the option to say along the lines of 'but i'm dying!' As if his priorities are skewed, even though it's you that are fucking off in literally two minutes. It just feels so unfairly accusing, haha. Even if that mission was actually supposed to lead to your survival, your neglect until that point not being a choice feels unfair.

Initially I was super depressed about the inevitable death. Then I kind of came to terms with it. But it just hasn't sat well with me because of the lack of closure on your own terms. If I have to die, let me chose exactly how.

So, sorry, bit of a rant. But I'm really worried about potential canon because I think options are more or less hopefully for different romance options. Panam's ending sucks for my character's romance with River, but if you romance Panam, it seems much more hopefully to leave with her than her staying in Night City, unhappy. If there had been more than one option per sexuality, it might have been an interesting dilemma to (for example) face inevitable heartbreak with Riven, versus going with an alternate-option who was happy to leave Night City with you, and having to choose your priority in the life you had left, etc.

It just sucks because I absolutely adored my first playthrough until narrative content ran out and I faced the endings, but I cannot bring myself to play it again, knowing what lies ahead. I feel really bad for everyone who rushed the main story to get rid of Johnny and then couldn't find motivation for the side stories :( I just keep subtly encouraging my friends to complete all the narrative before they end, because I can almost predict their views of the end and don't want them to regret how quick they did their playthrough!

Those Tarot cards shouldn't be overlooked you know. They are in the game for a reason.
But they did got overlooked, unless you mean the ending ones.
Post automatically merged:

Speaking of which.. were we supposed to find the last 2? I know that Misty tells us WHAT they are, but I never actually saw them while finishing up.
She mean's the ending ones, the devil, the sun, the star etc. Endings are tarot cards.

Ah man, thank you, it's been really therapeutic to read through so many people's opinions on this matter! Although this reply is a bit specific (spoilery re: endings/closure if you romance River), I really wanted to get this off my chest and hope y'all don't mind!

Just for context: I think it is a bit shit that there is only one main romance per sexuality, especially considering the endings. I really lucked out in that I really like River and he was the kind of romance I wanted in Night City. But after a questline that I really enjoyed, sex scene that I think was one of the better in the game, agreeing to be in a relationship, and brief (fun) text correspondence, it just kinda died. If you visited, he would have really generic conversation options, and if you phoned he would say (paraphrasing) 'hey babe, I'll call you back soon," and hang up. I naively thought that was the game's way of saying they had no filler content until another quest he would phone you up for. But that quest didn't exist. So, I figured I would look forward to how he would be brought into the ending, and got on with the rest of the game. Eventually people stopped calling and I had no side quests left, so I figured I had burned through all content and went past the point of no return.

Forward to the ending choices >>

It sort of bothered me you could never have a really open conversation with River about the biochip, even though you collapsed in front of Panam and Judy because of it and could chose to explain the situation. But that really, really bothered me on the balcony phonecall when you couldn't tell River what was going on when you called him. He suggests a night cap since you are both awake so late and you can either blatantly lie to him or just vaguely say that you can't. It sucks, it just feels so ingenuine. But I figured, the conversation was otherwise nicely bittersweet, so I would get on and enjoy the ending.

Arasaka: the first option I did. I chose it because I didn't want any of my friends to die for me, but did not think through the implications on Johnny before I went in. I know perhaps that was a bit stupid on my part, but I was too focused on what would be the best way to get the chip out and return to a more stable existence. I actually liked that when you could phone home from space, and tell River what was going on, that he seems to be incredibly determined to find out where exactly in space you were and come find you no matter what. Like, that was actually super sweet. But when I chose the six months option it gave me zero closure regarding what actually happened after that, so I decided to play through another ending.

Panam: I went into this looking for more closure, and didn't consider the implication of leaving Night City afterward. I was just trying out alternative ending options so didn't consider that sure, it would have been a pretty dick move to get the nomads to help you out and then just stay in Night City afterward and let them leave alone after major loses because of you. Obviously, River doesn't want to leave with you because of his family, so you end up having a break up scene that sat really heavy on me. It was super depressing, but his reasoning is honestly logical, and fuck it, I didn't even want to leave night city anyway! So, I figured, what the hell, I would try the Johnny ending, even though I wanted to end things on my own terms and not through him.

Johnny ending: man, this ending would have been the best for my character, if only it didn't skip forward so much in time! It took away the choice of how you wanted to go out and forced your character into doing that one last mission to go out with a bang. I wanted to go visit my friends and romance option again and live out the rest of my life with a priority on them, whilst trying to find a cure. But that just isn't a choice. Instead, the game suggests I have been really distant towards River those last months, which sucked as an ending because I left on the mission feeling like things with him weren't going so well! He says he's going to visit his family and you have the option to say along the lines of 'but i'm dying!' As if his priorities are skewed, even though it's you that are fucking off in literally two minutes. It just feels so unfairly accusing, haha. Even if that mission was actually supposed to lead to your survival, your neglect until that point not being a choice feels unfair.

Initially I was super depressed about the inevitable death. Then I kind of came to terms with it. But it just hasn't sat well with me because of the lack of closure on your own terms. If I have to die, let me chose exactly how.

So, sorry, bit of a rant. But I'm really worried about potential canon because I think options are more or less hopefully for different romance options. Panam's ending sucks for my character's romance with River, but if you romance Panam, it seems much more hopefully to leave with her than her staying in Night City, unhappy. If there had been more than one option per sexuality, it might have been an interesting dilemma to (for example) face inevitable heartbreak with Riven, versus going with an alternate-option who was happy to leave Night City with you, and having to choose your priority in the life you had left, etc.

It just sucks because I absolutely adored my first playthrough until narrative content ran out and I faced the endings, but I cannot bring myself to play it again, knowing what lies ahead. I feel really bad for everyone who rushed the main story to get rid of Johnny and then couldn't find motivation for the side stories :( I just keep subtly encouraging my friends to complete all the narrative before they end, because I can almost predict their views of the end and don't want them to regret how quick they did their playthrough!
You can tell him about the chip after the sex, when he makes you coffee.

Speaking of which.. were we supposed to find the last 2? I know that Misty tells us WHAT they are, but I never actually saw them while finishing up.

The missing 2 cards are baked into the ending portions of the game. 'Judgement' is found during the battle with Smasher. 'Devil' is found in the Rubik's cube during the 'Where is my mind' quest.

honestly river romance was so weird. Like you do his missions and suddenly he is like really into you without any buildup at all, did anyone else feel that it was so weird?

But they did got overlooked, unless you mean the ending ones.
Post automatically merged:

She mean's the ending ones, the devil, the sun, the star etc. Endings are tarot cards.
Yeah the tarot cards were worthless, no good rewards, and didn't say anything but a vague crap from Misty. It was a time sink, nothing more.

I think they can make an ending where if you don't follow Johny's quest and never take those pills to fuck up your body and dna you should get the ending of being able to live in your body since it won't reject you, instead it will reject Johny (the construct).
That will give meaning to that tarot card %.
The main thing is you lost a lot by not playing Johny quest so they should make an ending where we get to live in our own body and still being able to be friends with Johny and being able to play those quests too.
If it was up to me to write an ending I will choose for Johny to sacrifice himself (completely removing the construct from our body before is too late) if you are friends with him, and if you are his enemy you never do his quest and remove him with Alt help since you will never take the pills and the dna won't be altered.
Just those 2 endings will make everyone happy, though some people like Johny and don't want him dead ( that is a problem for CDPR because Keanu is not cheap and it cost a lot of money to have him in the game, also it will add much more work for any dlc since they will have to take into account such endings... the easiest will be just those 2 endings to keep V alive, it will actually be just 1 endings with 2 different outcomes of how the ending plays... pretty much like the endings we have now but with a happy ending for V).

Top Bottom