[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
correct me if im wrong but in the secret ending there is still a chip in Vs head. Vs looking for a solution and works blue eye guy. btw all you said is what bothers me the most.... we have all we need lizzy, smasher and johnny why is V the only one fucked?

You are right. I was talking about Arasaka ending, not the secret ending.

Memories were permanently removed so he might've lost some relationship memories or something that made him the V we know maybe..
(If you mean the ending where you get Arasaka surgery)
Yeah seems to me that is the case. If you rember after you are done with Vodoo boys you could talk with Jhonny where he said arasaka could make you different person than you really are. They can change you, thats why i didnt go with them

Yeah seems to me that is the case. If you rember after you are done with Vodoo boys you could talk with Jhonny where he said arasaka could make you different person than you really are. They can change you, thats why i didnt go with them
Willingly or not they do, surgery changes people IRL too, my dad had a surgery and he became irritable and angry when he was always quiet and calm, completely opposite so whether to blame Arasaka or not who knows, we know it happened though. :p

Yeah, i didn't know your memories are permanently erased in the arasaka ending, plus they added the 6 months death. CDPR must really hate V. I thought you could make this the canon ending but idk anymore. I guess Rogue ending which leads to the space heist or nomad ending canon would be better...

Yeah, i didn't know your memories are permanently erased in the arasaka ending, plus they added the 6 months death. CDPR must really hate V. I thought you could make this the canon ending but idk anymore. I guess Rogue ending which leads to the space heist or nomad ending canon would be better...
Not to mention you're basically handicapped, surgery got you good, they give you tests, motor skills etc etc which is normal for a brain surgery of this degree so basically you're living an agonizing 6 months alone as a handicapped war vet basically.

Because why the hell not. They could have added killing your romance partner just for laugs
1608495162812.png

even worse after u learn either way of jackies missing body u do nothing about that and you are still surprised when you see jackie in the soul prison... not that jackie was ever important to me because they probably cut a good junk of his story out. look at the fast forward scene after the first mission. could have been 5 h of gameplay with charater building

Jackie is my favourite character in the game since the early trailers. I expected many missions from those trailers and then was super disappointed that it was all a montage.

His writing and voice acting is superb and he's one of the few characters who actually feel like a human being, with his hopes and dreams and also his fears.

Killing him, with no chance for a better ending, was a huge turnoff. Especially because his death made no sense and contributed nothing. We did not even get a good revenge arc out of it.

Takemura can somehow keep us from flatlining again, in the backseat of the Delamain, and Takemura is a killer and not a doctor. And all of a sudden the Delamain AI is capable of giving medical advice.

Panam gets shot when she fixes the roof turret and at first it seems bad, but she just shrugs it off and it's never mentioned again.

Jackie is an experienced merc with cyberware and my own inventory is loaded with meds. Not being able to save him was dumb and it went against the other examples given in the story. Maybe those cyberware lines in his face were just makeup and he used all his money on his fancy bike.

Not to mention you're basically handicapped, surgery got you good, they give you tests, motor skills etc etc which is normal for a brain surgery of this degree so basically you're living an agonizing 6 months alone as a handicapped war vet basically.
It cant get more depresing than corpo ending
Post automatically merged:

Jackie is my favourite character in the game since the early trailers. I expected many missions from those trailers and then was super disappointed that it was all a montage.

His writing and voice acting is superb and he's one of the few characters who actually feels like a human being, with his hopes and dreams and also his fears.

Killing him, with no chance for a better ending, was a huge turnoff. Especially because his death made no sense and contributed nothing. We did not even get a good revenge arc out of it.

Takemura can somehow keep us from flatlining again, in the backseat of the Delamain, and Takemura is a killer and not a doctor. And all of a sudden the Delamain AI is capable of giving medical advice.

Panam gets shot when she fixes the roof turret and at first it seems bad, but she just shrugs it off and it's never mentioned again.

Jackie is an experienced merc with cyberware and my own inventory is loaded with meds. Not being able to save him was dumb and it went against the other examples given in the story. Maybe those cyberware lines in his face were just makeup and he used all his money on his fancy bike.
Honeslty to me that was Judy, her story,romance quests, messages to hear me were really making me fell like i have someone. Latter that was shatterd with very very bad 6 same sentences to talk to her. But all other things felt human and somehow nice to break constant shooting

Exactly this. This is the only game where you start as a pennyless nobody and in the end you end up with even less than that, cause you lose your life and a ton of people around you die.

• Jackie dies
  • Mama Welles is super sad
  • I can't get revenge on Dex
  • I'm forced to work with Arasaka stooge Takemura
  • Johnny tried to kill me
  • Johnny gets my body. Leaves town. Suddenly no longer cares about Arasaka.
  • Hanako breaks her promise and Arasaka performs a lobotomy on me - I'm disabled with 6 months to live
  • AI Alt zaps me with Soulkiller - I die. There's only my engram now.
>>> these are all fine for me. They are related to character arcs,

• Evelyn Parker dies in the worst way possible (poor Judy) > you could save her if you start the quest early (ex : the message without answers are clues that something's wrong).
  • Voodoo Fucks manipulate me > Voodoo boys aren't developed at all : could be developed with a questline and an influence system, defining reputation among each Gang (starting as "unknown", going from worst ennemy to close ally) > they could join during Mikoshi's attack.
  • Netwatch Fucks manipulate me > Netwatch could be a faction, with characters & questline so you could understand their role, perspective on the world and so on.
  • AI Alt tells me she will flatline me
  • Scorpion dies > saved by getting to the area before a defined time.
  • I can't kill Hellman > kill him, replacing him by another NPC in the Arasaka ending
  • I can't kill Hanako > block the Hanako ending
  • I can't kill Yorunobu > force Hanako to sacrifice her life to become Saburo ?
  • I can't delete Saburo's engram (I mean on a more personal level, not just feed him to AI Alt)
  • I commit suicide, cause every outcome is bad.
  • Smasher kills Rogue (we can only watch, cause we suck) > avoided by not involving her
  • Smasher kills Saul (we can only watch, cause we suck) > avoided by not involving him
  • Adam Smasher is a lame final boss - cause all game long I had no relation to him > instead of simple foreshadowing and Johnny memories, we should also have grudges against him (ie. he kills an ally and force us to run away, being saved by Vik at his clinic).
  • AI Alt breaks her promise and cannot save me. My engram only has 6 months to live > can be solved with an expansion.

...and so on....one letdown after the other....

After Judy's questline, you quickly realize during the Pyramid Song quest that no good outcome are possible
(either nothing changes in the Cloud if Maiko control it, either the dolls are killed). No hope and reward, but bad news.

The endings and quests aren't bad, because each of them bring positive and negative points. CDPR only need to understand that we need, as players engaging hours in a role playing game, to be able to influence the outcomes instead of being driven by the plot.

With few exceptions that could be required so player can connect emotionnaly to the plot (ex : Jackie's death), most of the points listed above deserved more development and alternatives (just added few quick exemples in quote to illustrate my point).

Most of the players are bummed / depressed for good reasons, detailed by the Hammerstein list above.

Really hope CDPR will do something about it.

PS / sorry for the bad english, obviously :p

It cant get more depresing than corpo ending
Post automatically merged:

Honeslty to me that was Judy, her story,romance quests, messages to hear me were really making me fell like i have someone. Latter that was shatterd with very very bad 6 same sentences to talk to her. But all other things felt human and somehow nice to break constant shooting
Same with me and River and his family, I really felt that bonding connection like real. That´s why I wish for those romances to matter because all those 4 characters seem to be so well done. If they hadn´t been, I wouldn´t care.

Same with me and River and his family, I really felt that bonding connection like real. That´s why I wish for those romances to matter because all those 4 characters seem to be so well done. If they hadn´t been, I wouldn´t care.

While I feel the same for the Panam romance, it doesn't end there.
So many great NPC's who in the end didnt matter, because you die.
The Peralez, Takemura, Misty, Viktor, Delamain..

I also cant understand question from Judy to move in,but you cant say yes. Like okay you get the key, but what am i suppose to do with key if I cant even sleep at her place? Like fine you are going to give me another hard middle finger. Only one scene, only few sentences, no way to hang out, do some gigs with no killing(fine i know she dosent like killing). I really fell like they didnt have strenght to pull this game to the end. I just hope they will first change ednings a bit, and then improve this

Ok, so we know they worked/are working on the dlc because they wanted to show it before the april 2020 delay before game released. With that in mind (i know things can change), how do you see them actually doing the dlc, just thinking about it.

1) Would they show a new char in NC before game is even released?
2) Show you play as johnny before game is released?
3) Show V in NC/other location doing stuff

A new char means base game is invalidated, whats the point of customization, will they tell us to make a new character or have a set stone character come in? (Still doesn't allow us to explore NC post-game as V), playing as johnny is possible but again doesnt really seem rpg because that's his personality.

I think a crystal palace dlc/nomad would be a possibility, wbu? Also, with the delays i think a lot of content was cut so most likely some plans/dlc changed.

Ok, so we know they worked/are working on the dlc because they wanted to show it before the april 2020 delay before game released. With that in mind (i know things can change), how do you see them actually doing the dlc, just thinking about it.

1) Would they show a new char in NC before game is even released?
2) Show you play as johnny before game is released?
3) Show V in NC/other location doing stuff

A new char means base game is invalidated, whats the point of customization, will they tell us to make a new character or have a set stone character come in? (Still doesn't allow us to explore NC post-game as V), playing as johnny is possible but again doesnt really seem rpg because that's his personality.

I think a crystal palace dlc/nomad would be a possibility, wbu? Also, with the delays i think a lot of content was cut so most likely some plans/dlc changed.

"What is up guys!
CDPR here with the anticipated new content, just as we promised!
It is finally here!

Cyberpunk Multiplayer: Battle Royale!!"

This thread is immense. Love the people who have got involved, whether you agree with the topic or not. 👍.

There have been lots of talk of theories and how specific elements of the story work.

I don't want to sound pushy, but would love to hear people's idea of an actual continuance from the endings we have. Where do you see the story going if it continues? From your perspective. What must be included in that continuation? Characters, locations etc? What happens at the end of the continuation? Do is it go for chapter 3 or end there, and how does it end? Anything and everything you think that would make a believable 'chapter 2'.

Essentially, give me your short story of 'CP2077, Chapter 2: What the devs missed'

I think my point of view is different than last week, when I've finished the game and felt empty.

I'm not sure it would make sense to have an extension to the current story. Only an additional ending, clearly GOOD and POSITIVE, is missing in my opinion. They could make it hard as hell, this could require to replay the game and get a lot of milestones right, but it would help a lot (exemple > Biotechnica is able to clone V's body and make an offer they can't refuse // Johnny and V fuse and become a new entity, etc. > this forum is full of interesting ideas).

If they want to make a Chapter 2, CDPR would need to define some endings as canon while other would naturally be dismissed (ie : Suicide or Alt)

I assume any ending bringing V back to NC would do (exluding the Panam one, except if CDPR find a great motivation to justify V coming back to the city, which defeat the whole purpose of this ending).

But it would feel a bit forced to have V running after the same objective than during the whole game (getting a cure before 6 months), even if made a bit more tangible (like clones, that could be a forbidden technology etc.).

Alternatively, I can find endless ways DLC / Extensions could make the current game a lot better (gangs & factions influence and questlines (Netwatch, Voodoo Boys, etc.), capacity to change story outcomes (save characters or kill others), night activities).

Top Bottom