[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
WARNING HEAVY SPOILERS !
I personally don't see the point of this topic, there is one ! The one where you bike off with the nomads and especially if judy is coming along with ya !
Sure there is this whole " you got only 6 month to live because biological nonsesne ( and im a biologist and its realy fucking non sensical what they try to bring on to justify it ... even just a critical person can see the big holes in there i guess )
I mean, you ride off with your love and in the last scenes with the family ( panam and mitch ) you learn that they will pull any string possible to help !
I have the HEAVY feeling this is an opening for future DLC where V might be finally completely cured!
And this feeling is even stronger after having seen all the other endings ! Every one lets the possibility of V returning (be it for arasaka soul bank, from the deep web with Johnny's lover or vi returning form the badlands, spacestating with à handy solution near :p
nb: except for the scuicide ending of course !
Well they are all iffy at the moment because of those 6 moments, and soulkiller and engram aaand Alt, and no need for spoiler warning, we know.
And it is not the happy one frankly, but too lazy to explain.

View attachment 11105693
Just spotted this in the first mission with Jackie, probably around more. But man this makes it suck even more. Just screams 'go nomad' ending, not exactly the best for all those who don't want to snuggle up with the nomads.

CDPR: "Enough time will help you decide what you should do."

Also CDPR:

kryidd9mur101.jpg

WARNING HEAVY SPOILERS !
I personally don't see the point of this topic, there is one ! The one where you bike off with the nomads and especially if judy is coming along with ya !
Sure there is this whole " you got only 6 month to live because biological nonsesne ( and im a biologist and its realy fucking non sensical what they try to bring on to justify it ... even just a critical person can see the big holes in there i guess )
I mean, you ride off with your love and in the last scenes with the family ( panam and mitch ) you learn that they will pull any string possible to help !
I have the HEAVY feeling this is an opening for future DLC where V might be finally completely cured!
And this feeling is even stronger after having seen all the other endings ! Every one lets the possibility of V returning (be it for arasaka soul bank, from the deep web with Johnny's lover or vi returning form the badlands, spacestating with à handy solution near :p
I've pretty much said this from the Get-Go that in every ending there is a hook for V's continuation save for the suicide ending. There's blatant obvious hints and indications that V's fate is not certain and is meant to be deliberated in additional content (such as an Expansion or Sequel).

Johnny even says to V's romance interest when they notice that something about V is wrong if the former takes over V's body—and Johnny responds saying that "everything will be alright, soon". This is further backed up in the ending where he visits V's grave and says that he will not be in V's body much longer (or if V is female, that 'He wont be a girl for much longer').

Every ending implies that it's not over.
[Edit] Oh, and in case any one missed -- Johnny has links to the NUSA. His hit on the Arasaka Tower was sanctioned by the NUSA. Hint hint.

View attachment 11105693
Just spotted this in the first mission with Jackie, probably around more. But man this makes it suck even more. Just screams 'go nomad' ending, not exactly the best for all those who don't want to snuggle up with the nomads.
Yeah, the endings where you get 6 months are not RPG endings. It seems like they wanted to make a corpo, street kid, and nomad ending, but all they made are worst, bad, and best. Any ending with V that isn't the Nomad ending is a punishment for not picking Nomad.

*Assuming we ignore Soulkiller.

I've pretty much said this from the Get-Go that in every ending there is a hook for V's continuation save for the suicide ending. There's blatant obvious hints and indications that V's fate is not certain and is meant to be deliberated in additional content (such as an Expansion or Sequel).

Johnny even says to V's romance interest when they notice that something about V is wrong if the former takes over V's body—and Johnny responds saying that "everything will be alright, soon". This is further backed up in the ending where he visits V's grave and says that he will not be in V's body much longer (or if V is female, that 'He wont be a girl for much longer').

Maybe he's gonna get a sex change. :shrug:
They al lend on a huge cliif with 6 months, all of them.
Also giving body to Johnny is like, ueghegheghe.

I dont think CDPR is mocking anyone here. I migth be that there is something hidden there, but also just that theses textes are ment to make you think a bit about youself. Philosophicaly, i mean !

WARNING HEAVY SPOILERS !

Even if it was supposed to be the happy ending, finding a cure with the avocados seems to be pointless if not even every soul in NC can help you.

Secondly it caters only to Panam/Judy people regarding romances. If you desire River or Kerry there is no happiness to be found here.

I really hope so. I want to know how they're going to pull this off. Hm, with DLC it'd probably have to be something like the Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening. Keep the epilogue and then get the next instalment without it actually being Cyberpunk 2078

Yeah, the endings where you get 6 months are not RPG endings. It seems like they wanted to make a corpo, street kid, and nomad ending, but all they made are worst, bad, and best. Any ending with V that isn't the Nomad ending is a punishment for not picking Nomad.

*Assuming we ignore Soulkiller.
As I said, they are all similar if you throw the romance factor out, really, really similar.

I really hope so. I want to know how they're going to pull this off. Hm, with DLC it'd probably have to be something like the Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening. Keep the epilogue and then get the next instalment without it actually being Cyberpunk 2078

Willing to bet the NUSA has cloning technology - which I'm very surprised no one has factored this in as Cloning Tech exists in the setting; a blank shell for V's Engram to transfer on to. Since there is an important factor of a genetic match being required for a more successful process.

I love when things have the balls to make a sad ending. I have full respect for any medium that goes against what the mainstream demand is a satisfactory conclusion. I guess that's why I love movies like the Mist etc as well. So seeing this thread has been the biggest selling point for me lol (skipping the actual story related stuff ofc).
I love that too because that is what drama is made for ! To generate sentiments, feelings, and seeing so many being so upset ( or missing the point of the little life lessons at these endings if you read my post one day when you don't fear spoilers any more ). I love happy endings, but i value also bad endings for the emotions they generate in me ! It also allows me to appreciate the good endings more the next time. You need to know rain to appreciate the sun !

Willing to bet the NUSA has cloning technology; a blank shell for V's Engram to transfer on to. Since there is an important factor of a genetic match being required for a more successful process.
That is what most people guessing, since Arasaka one could anyway end up with V in Mikoshi and other ones basically gives you 6 month time limit. So the story could technicly be tied up with cloning.

[Edit] Oh, and in case any one missed -- Johnny has links to the NUSA. His hit on the Arasaka Tower was sanctioned by the NUSA. Hint hint.

I really want to believe you, but I do not see them pull this off.
If that was planned, maybe make it a little "more obvious" that there is a light at the end of the tunnel by

1. Not having every romance option abandon you save for the Nomad ending (even there it is just Judy/Pan)

2. Offer a stronger hint for salvation rather than "I will ask around"

3. Do not Offer a freaking suicide ending lmao

Otherwise you alienate a lot of people.
I admit I would be ecstatic if they planned this all the time and V is gonna come back, but it could have been marketed better.
Now you fear that is never gonna happen, because of the whole shitstorm and probable financial losses.

I love that too because that is what drama is made for ! To generate sentiments, feelings, and seeing so many being so upset ( or missing the point of the little life lessons at these endings if you read my post one day when you don't fear spoilers any more ). I love happy endings, but i value also bad endings for the emotions they generate in me ! It also allows me to appreciate the good endings more the next time. You need to know rain to appreciate the sun !
Well so far all of those endings leads the same death or soon to be death, no closure, which is shitty. These endings aren't ambiguous or deep, they just poorly, well, made at the moment. They screw with DLC's, RPG elements and bunch of other stuff.

As we said a dozen times already.
Leave the endings as they are. Offer hard to get happy endings to those who want them.
Everyone is happy.

I'm not even sure what the writers were going for. It almost seems like their 'canon' ending is where Johnny takes over V's body, whilst V vanishes into the internet. But I donn't see any worthwhile 'message' in this resolution, there's nothing noteworthy or meaningful about V dying so the engram can continue in V's body. It's just very morbid and bleak.

More importantly, that ending just highlights the game's massive elephant in the room that never gets addressed. Johnny's engram is NOT Johnny himself. The real Johnny was born, lived his life and then died. The engram imprinted on V's chip is just a copy of Johnny, therefore killing V so that copy can live out a new life is an incredibly dark ending - the original Johnny would have hated to have murdered V in such a way.

It's very odd how the story is written as if Johnny's engram is Johnny himself back from the dead, instead of acknowledging that it's just a copy that's acting as random neuro-malware and killing an innocent person.
I'm not sharing all the critics here, but just wanted to ad and other elephant in the room, as a biologist, the "V" is not welcome in her own body any more doent make any fucking sense at all, in the oposite, reasonning from what i have heard and seen in the game, if the neurons where altered to seems like jonnys … then both sould be doomed anyway because that is how immunity works !!! Also the fact that this stupidly little chip was able to rewrite enough ADN to span our whole solar system ( because that is the length of every ADN strain put back to back when all your neurons are pooled). Also, reforming synapses make sense to contain the engram … but why the fuck you toutch the ADN ( not mentionning HOW ) when there is simply no need to !

I'm not sharing all the critics here, but just wanted to ad and other elephant in the room, as a biologist, the "V" is not welcome in her own body any more doent make any fucking sense at all, in the oposite, reasonning from what i have heard and seen in the game, if the neurons where altered to seems like jonnys … then both sould be doomed anyway because that is how immunity works !!! Also the fact that this stupidly little chip was able to rewrite enough ADN to span our whole solar system ( because that is the length of every ADN strain put back to back when all your neurons are pooled). Also, reforming synapses make sense to contain the engram … but why the fuck you toutch the ADN ( not mentionning HOW ) when there is simply no need to !

I am all for approaching this with logic and facts, but this is a game where you can attach a pocket rocket launcher to your wrist

Anyways off to sleep. Looking forward to 30 new pages to read after i wake up, chooms :)

They should have asked you, but then again, they would have thought of how to screw V in other way. Good notice though.

This could just as easily mean that he's planning to have biosculpting done to change the body into something that is more to his liking.

Top Bottom