[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
The point is Cyberpunk was rushed, I'm sure they did have more endings in mind but in the end, they cut it all that content and we get an unfinished product.
This.
I love how people already found tons of stuff that was intended but removed so they could finish the game in time. I think the whole 3rd Act was never intended to be this short

This.
I love how people already found tons of stuff that was intended but removed so they could finish the game in time. I think the whole 3rd Act was never intended to be this short
TW3 is prologue, act 1 act 2 act 3 ending it's a typical CDPR formula, works, been tested & refined and not only they use this formula.. But.. Point of no return is literally act 3 bleh, it's not an act, its 2 hours of content at best and there's no real timegap or any real story gap to define a new act, no big change or anything, it's an ending.
I googled "How many acts does CP77 have" and I saw it was two, then I reached act 3 and was like "Hmm I can't have read wrong." Turned out it was indeed two as act 3 is OP nocturne or whatever (point of no return)

If you're happy with it what's the point of wasting time here, why not go enjoy the game?

I haven't refunded, I'm asking for it to be fixed so I can enjoy it
Time here is not wasted, it is spent in interesting discussion. To be honest, headline of this thread didn't warn me of its content, perhaps it should be changed to "Critics of the endings" or whatnot.

If the game is as linear as we make it to be then the tarot cards mean something for sure, they always did infact.
It's easy to predict the future of a linear game, not so much of an open ended RPG where your choices would change everything for every playthrough or nearly.
The tarot card % of Jonhy taking over the body doesn't mean shi*** because in one playthrough I never did Johny's quest and that tarot card was a 20% and the dialogues were the same, my body still rejected me and accepted Johny even though I never took pills or let Johny take over my body.
So nope, they don't mean sh***.

The tarot card % of Jonhy taking over the body doesn't mean shi*** because in one playthrough I never did Johny's quest and that tarot card was a 20% and the dialogues were the same, my body still rejected me and accepted Johny even though I never took pills or let Johny take over my body.
So nope, they don't mean sh***.
Oh you mean those cards, I thought you meant the one misty pulls.
Post automatically merged:

Either way I just googled what nocturne OP55N1 was and apparently it's a composition from chopin, it was used in the trailer "hope" of TW2 assassin of kings.
I looked into it further, compositions often have deeper meaning and supposedly op55n1 is escaping fate/hope, it's in minor which is usually a sad "tone" i dunno how to explain :facepalm:

Oh you mean those cards, I thought you meant the one misty pulls.

Either way I just googled what nocturne OP55N1 was and apparently it's a composition from chopin, it was used in the trailer "hope" of TW2 assassin of kings.
Yeah, I mean the cards that you see in the menu of the player.
Misty was on point with all those readings.

I'm pretty sure those cards % in the main menu of the player were for some good endings if V never give up control to Johny yet they cut all that content for some reason.

TW3 is prologue, act 1 act 2 act 3 ending it's a typical CDPR formula, works, been tested & refined and not only they use this formula.. But.. Point of no return is literally act 3 bleh, it's not an act, its 2 hours of content at best and there's no real timegap or any real story gap to define a new act, no big change or anything, it's an ending.
I googled "How many acts does CP77 have" and I saw it was two, then I reached act 3 and was like "Hmm I can't have read wrong." Turned out it was indeed two as act 3 is OP nocturne or whatever (point of no return)
feels like half the game is missing honestly

Might seem like an off topic but it's the name of the last mission and the resemblance to what goes on is uncanny, aside from the last ray of hope that it's supposed to project, which some see but most seem not to!
I'm trying to find out if maybe we're just not seeing the endings as CDPR meant them to be perhaps (aka hopeful as this composition from Chopin would suggest.)
Also it's always good to learn new things so enjoy!

Hmm, i have a thought. Maybe developers made a mistake at some point — V's attitude to 6 months problem. Perhaps, world-wise, he should not be so upset, and here is why.
This is cyberpunk, right? Hight tech, low life. Which is average life expectancy is Night City? 30, 35, 40 perhaps? Not a solid 70 years in USA and Western Europe, or even 55-65 in Eastern. Night City for a common people is more like some war-torn state in Africa. I mean, no one, especially samuraj, does not expect to die in 70. Yes, we see Roguy, Kerry and others, but they are not common case, they were lucky percent. Life of street samuraj in NC is not good to health, instead of 6 months garbage he could be horribly wounded or sick with no money, resources and connections to recover. We all expect "happy hereafter" by our irl life standards, which are way higher than in Night City

Last edited:
Since RDR was mentioned a couple of pages ago...

I think in RDR it is much easier to come to terms with the death of the protagonist. Especially for players somewhat familiar with the Wild West genre it felt like a Sam Peckinpah movie from the beginning and these end rarely well. Also Arthur was an older character, marked by the hardships of life in the West in the 1900s (avg life expectancy was 47 back then) and as a hardened outlaw had a darker side to him than V. And in the end his death allowed others to life.

Last edited:
Hmm, i have a thought. Maybe developers made a mistake at some point — V's attitude to 6 months problem. Perhaps, world-wise, he should not be so upset, and here is why.
This is cyberpunk, right? Hight tech, low life. Whish is average life expectancy is Night City? 30, 35, 40 perhaps? Not a solid 70 years in USA and Western Europe, or even 55-65 in Eastern. Night City for a common people is more like some war-torn state in Africa. I mean, no one, especially samuraj, does not expect to die in 70. Yes, we see Roguy, Kerry and others, but they are not common case, they were lucky percent. Life of street samuraj in NC is not good to health, instead of 6 months garbage he could be horribly wounded or sick with no money, resources and connections to recover. We all expect "happy hereafter" by our irl life standards, which are way higher than in Night City
I think we expect a continuation, a struggle, if there's no struggle, the plot would be bland, it needs to drive a bigger purpose than wealth, fame and health but we cannot do that in six months, or can we? Perhaps we can but we don't know.

I got the Panam ending with Judy for my 1 st time of this game, I think this is the best ending for every main characters.
I know there are another 5 endings, but these too dark, depress for me.

I hope they will have a DLC to carry on about their journey in Arizona with Judy, Panam and Aldecaldos.
Or male V can meet with Judy in Oregon and have some quest there.

I really want to see they have a happy ending at last.

I think we expect a continuation, a struggle, if there's no struggle, the plot would be bland, it needs to drive a bigger purpose than wealth, fame and health but we cannot do that in six months, or can we? Perhaps we can but we don't know.
In Panam ending you get friendship, love and brotherhood. Yes, only 6 months, but many people irl don't get even that. This is victory, bleak as it is in cruel world of CP77

I got the Panam ending with Judy for my 1 st time of this game, I think this is the best ending for every main characters.
I know there are another 5 endings, but these too dark, depress for me.

I hope they will have a DLC to carry on about their journey in Arizona with Judy, Panam and Aldecaldos.
Or male V can meet with Judy in Oregon and have some quest there.

I really want to see they have a happy ending at last.
That would require developing several new playable locations, at least for Panam ending. Honestly, i doubt this will happen.

In Panam ending you get friendship, love and brotherhood. Yes, only 6 months, but many people irl don't get even that. This is victory, bleak as it is in cruel world of CP77
It's why I think the 6 months thing is a decoy for a sequel/expansion, it's too often recurring in nearly every ending, it'll cause strife, it'll be the thing that keeps you going, preventing V from a normal happy life, adding new goals, if we just left and lived happily ever after well, where would the sequel pick up from?

That would require developing several new playable locations, at least for Panam ending. Honestly, i doubt this will happen.
They can make small maps though, as small as white orchard or something of the likes but it'd be wasted potential imo, just make an excuse for her to go to wherever V goes, she's travelling all over the place anyway, Oregon, Seattle, didn't want to stop either.

Lmao, this game just got meta as hell:

Cyberpunk2077_hmG1b2pzMn.jpg

It's why I think the 6 months thing is a decoy for a sequel/expansion, it's too often recurring in nearly every ending, it'll cause strife, it'll be the thing that keeps you going, preventing V from a normal happy life, adding new goals, if we just left and lived happily ever after well, where would the sequel pick up from?

They can make small maps though, as small as white orchard or something of the likes but it'd be wasted potential imo, just make an excuse for her to go to wherever V goes, she's travelling all over the place anyway, Oregon, Seattle, didn't want to stop either.
I would make sequel about new character, leaving V to live (or die) in peace

I think in RDR it is much easier to come to terms with the death of the protagonist. Especially for players somewhat familiar with the Wild West genre it felt like a Sam Peckinpah movie from the beginning and these end rarely well. Also Arthur was an older character, marked by the hardships of life in the West in the 1900s (avg life expectancy was 47 back then) and as a hardened outlaw had a darker side to him than V. And in the end his death allowed others to life.
Also, RDR has RPG elements but it never pretended to be a story about *your* Arthur Morgan. Notice there's no criticism of RDR that starts with "My Arthur would've done X" -- Arthur is distinctly understood to be his own character. Cyberpunk was heavily marketed as an RPG that essentially put YOU in NC... that's not what we got, but a lot of the game still works toward making you feel like the V you're playing is *your* V, which makes the increasing linearity as the game spirals towards it's ending all that more uncomfortable.

Arthur dies a meaningful death (high or low honor, go back for the gold or stay, it all ends with him giving John an escape) followed by an incredibly lengthy and satisfying epilogue, showing you what Arthur died for and wrapping up the aftermath. It's even bittersweet, the way I think Cyberpunk wants to be, with it's final shot being the agents overlooking Beecher's Hope. Cyberpunk doesn't even come close to treating V's death with the same respect.

True, although V's death allowed Alt to liberate soul-killed netrunners and give Johny a freedom from Relic. No small gain in terms of human lives saved

People comparing this to RDR is a joke, this is a RPG where choices are supposed to matter, RDR is mostly an action game where you follow a script/story.
If it was like RDR no one will come here upset at the ending because it won't make any sense if you don't have choices.
Is like calling Borderlands an rpg..... yea it is in a sense but not a roleplaying at all.
Roleplaying is games with choices for me though we all know how the industry took that for granted and now they call most all games with a few RPG elements an RPG game lol.

Also, RDR has RPG elements but it never pretended to be a story about *your* Arthur Morgan. Notice there's no criticism of RDR that starts with "My Arthur would've done X" -- Arthur is distinctly understood to be his own character. Cyberpunk was heavily marketed as an RPG that essentially put YOU in NC... that's not what we got, but a lot of the game still works toward making you feel like the V you're playing is *your* V, which makes the increasing linearity as the game spirals towards it's ending all that more uncomfortable.

Arthur dies a meaningful death (high or low honor, go back for the gold or stay, it all ends with him giving John an escape) followed by an incredibly lengthy and satisfying epilogue, showing you what Arthur died for and wrapping up the aftermath. It's even bittersweet, the way I think Cyberpunk wants to be, with it's final shot being the agents overlooking Beecher's Hope. Cyberpunk doesn't even come close to treating V's death with the same respect.
Yes, at very least some cutscenes about Alt, Johny and other soul-killed planning to obliterate corps from cyberspace would be nice

People comparing this to RDR is a joke, this is a RPG where choices are supposed to matter, RDR is mostly an action game where you follow a script/story.
If it was like RDR no one will come here upset at the ending because it won't make any sense if you don't have choices.
But, aside from labels and marketing, CP77 is not an RPG, more like visual novel, linear as it is. Yes, i know, it is sold as RPG, and people are right to be deceived

Top Bottom