[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
that doesn't answer my question. how does the body reject the engram at all? as far as i can tell the engram is just data, not biological.
not really, the neural thing is kinda different than that and is what is trying to wipe V out after the engram takes it over.

that doesn't answer my question. how does the body reject the engram at all? as far as i can tell the engram is just data, not biological.
It doesn't, it literally just relinks your neural pathways to suit the guest in the host's body.
Not to mention, the chip managed to overwrite V, except now engram V is on the chip, with all the DNA values that he had pre Johnny aswell, can't the chip just un-do what he did and re-make V DNA like it did for Johnny?

You clearly don't know how soulkiller works if you bring clone as example. Not discussing it again. It was done too many times already.

Actually it's you who did not pay attention. A lot of people discussed the function of Soulkiller over the past days and it's established why so many are bothered by it. You are reading the room completely wrong.

There is another plothole, nanites were rewriting V dna to fit Johnys, why are they not doing oposite now that V is in an biochip.

Edit: pEestino beat me to it.

not really, the neural thing is kinda different than that and is what is trying to wipe V out after the engram takes it over.

what neural thing? the relic? as far as i can understand, the relic is the storage medium for johnny's memories and personality, as well as the physical storage of the nanites as well, the nanites rewired V's head, and altered her body's DNA, now, how does that cause her body to reject the V engram? your still not explaining that...

I'm pretty much 99% sure that V's story is over. Let me ask this, can you name one single movie/game where the story ended with nothing accomplished? (specifically the purpose of the movie/game)

Well, discussion about soulkiller is pretty interesting and i do think it is important to consider what it does to immerse yourself in the world.
And my two cents about it.
To me soulkiller kills the V. Then alt puts a copy, an Engram into the body to live. That's how i see it. It's pretty clear how it works. It is explained in a game.
However i saw voices that say that even if it is an engram ,a copy, put into original body it is still the old V because it has the same memories, goals etc. Here we come to a question about "soul" and "self" and many wonderings about it. But I didn't see anyone mention the implication that comes with it. If engram is a copy (but still you,V,Saburo), then it is possible to create more than one. So if you have clones for example Saburo or V, and put them in the clone bodies, the effect that you should have is one self for many bodies. Which means that a single "self" is connected and you create some sort of collective mind that can control all these bodies and their function. If that's how you see it then i agree that it is still the original V.
However if you consider clones with this self as independent then that theory does't add up to me at least.

Instead of argue let's all agree. Lack of good ending is problem the real problem here. Whole soulkiller issue aside.

The thing is that the Soulkiller issue more or less leads to a lack of a good ending.

Why do we go into Mikoshi? To have V and Johnny become separated. And upon entering Mikoshi these things happen::

*We immediately get zapped with Soulkiller, without us having a say.
*The promise that we could be healed is broken, also without us having a say.

Not only are we a copy now, we also have not solved our most critical problem. And the game did not offer any alternative routes, despite heavily implying that decision-making was a core gameplay element.

Last edited:
It doesn't, it literally just relinks your neural pathways to suit the guest in the host's body.
Not to mention, the chip managed to overwrite V, except now engram V is on the chip, with all the DNA values that he had pre Johnny aswell, can't the chip just un-do what he did and re-make V DNA like it did for Johnny?

The chip is busted from Act 2 onward. V is just transferred back to the body through the conduit - that is, they are not being put onto the biochip to start the process again.

I'm pretty much 99% sure that V's story is over. Let me ask this, can you name one single movie/game where the story ended with nothing accomplished? (specifically the purpose of the movie/game)

Only 1 tragedy like that comes to mind. 3 different colored endings if you catch my drift. Prolly biggest failure as far it comes to the endings of video game in history, till now that is.

well, i can't figure out how the ending is supposed to work, because it doesn't make sense logically... so, the nanites rewrite the DNA in V's body so it in effect becomes johnny's, and if V decided to stay in her body (or her engram i guess) her/johnny's body would reject her engram, how, isn't it just a digital recreation of her mind/memories/personality etc, how's that supposed to clash with the body's DNA?

as for the true ending, i think it's coming in dlc, something along the lines of... step 1, find means to extend v's life, step 2, find way to reprogram nanites, step 3, find unaltered source of V's original dna to use as blueprint for nanite rewriting. final step reprogram nantes.

The writers have actually contradicted themselves with the whole DNA thing. Because when we get the Arasaka ending, it is stated that Saburo could only take over Yorinobu's body, because they were father and son and thereby a close genetic match.

But why do bodies have to be a close genetic match, when the prototype chip is capable of rewiring a body's DNA to accept whatever engram is on the chip?

So in Saburo's case a close genetic match is necessary, but in Johnny's case it is not, because the chip does the job? Hellman has the blueprints of the protoype, they could make another one immediately, put Saburo on it and insert it into whatever flatlined body they want, since the chip does the job.

So who is correct in this scenario? Or did AI Alt lie to us, so Johnny can take our body?

Alt made that chip basically, she can't fix it? Mention it? Tell you that you need a relic to survive or something? Lol.

That the all powerful AI, that is capable of bringing satellites down and that took over Arasaka tower's security within seconds and that just assimilated the knowledge of every engram within Mikoshi, would make a calculation mistake in the end, was a laughable plot twist.

The writers have actually contradicted themselves with the whole DNA thing. Because when we get the Arasaka ending, it is stated that Saburo could only take over Yorinobu's body, because they were father and son and thereby a close genetic match.

But why do bodies have to be a close genetic match, when the prototype chip is capable of rewiring a body's DNA to accept whatever engram is on the chip?

So in Saburo's case a close genetic match is necessary, but in Johnny's case it is not, because the chip does the job? Hellman has the blueprints of the protoype, they could make another one immediately, put Saburo on it and insert it into whatever flatlined body they want, since the chip does the job.

So who is correct in this scenario? Or did AI Alt lie to us, so Johnny can take our body?

i considered that bit about alt, however, in the epilogue v does seem to start degrading again. but who knows, might just be the result of poor post surgical care.

What value is a copy that lives on if you aren't the one that gets to experience it?

Maybe every day when you wake up a completely new consciousness is formed to inhabit your body for the day. Maybe that consciousness disappears and leaves only memories for the next one behind when you go to sleep at night. Your waking spirit could just be an instance that is created and discarded by your brain as needed.

We experience loss of consciousness on a daily basis, but we're not terrified of this, because we simply accept that when we wake up we're still the same person, even though whoever we were in the past is in fact gone and can't experience anything we experience in the present.

Maybe every day when you wake up a completely new consciousness is formed to inhabit your body for the day. Maybe that consciousness disappears and leaves only memories for the next one behind when you go to sleep at night. Your waking spirit could just be an instance that is created and discarded by your brain as needed.

We experience loss of consciousness on a daily basis, but we're not terrified of this, because we simply accept that when we wake up we're still the same person, even though whoever we were in the past is in fact gone and can't experience anything we experience in the present.

that's something to ponder.

Don't be such a party pooper. But if it is the end, we riot.
That's why I'm asking for a "new" ending. As it stands, I don't expect any expansion or sequel to bring back V.

Also, a sequel is definitely out of the question. Because, the sequel shouldn't be expected in less 10 years. First of all, multiplayer is scheduled for 2022 and will probably be delayed till 23, and if CDPR is expecting a GTA online type deal, then we are looking at 5 years of full support minimum, add to that at least 2 years of development for the sequel, and we are looking at a 2030 release. That is if we assume that the next game would be Cyberpunk and not the Witcher 4, or something else. No one will remember V by then.

Nope. Cause we don't get brain wiped in our sleep. Our neural patterns and subconsciousness are quite active when we sleep.

Formatting a hard drive and optimizing it, are 2 very different things.

Top Bottom