[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Like story going mor towards transhumanism and soul thing.
It seems that CDPR just need to explain to the players how the soulkiller works.
This already looks like a real conspiracy theory, while the developers themselves did not mean anything like that, and there is not a word about copying consciousnesses in the lore.
Rather, Alt refers to the engram as the original. And Alt warns the engram that it is she who will die in six months in the body of V, not some new copy.
Engram has to make a choice, leave with Alt or return to the body. There is no point in choosing something if consciousness can be simply copied.

Last edited:
It seems that CDPR just need to explain to the players how the soulkiller works.
This already looks like a real conspiracy theory, while the developers themselves did not mean anything like that, and there is not a word about copying consciousnesses in the lore.
Rather, Alt refers to the engram as the original. And Alt warns the engram that it is she who will die in six months in the body of V, not some new copy.
When Captain Kirk is beamed up they still consider him the original Kirk right? Even though hes literally deconstructed, digitized then rebuilt. That’s the easiest way to see what happened to V’s mind for a brief moment.

To be fair, that has happened before.
The farthest back that I can remember was Jedi Knight 2 where you play Mara Jade in the Expansion instead of Kyle.
Yeah but the Jedi knight games are more action adventure games then RPG’s. And I don’t see an RPG like 2077 doing that.

This game is about V, how in gods name would the expansions not be about V?
This game is about Johny, finally resolving ancient "Never Fade Away" PnP adventure). V was just a random upstart gonk serving as his vessel and plot cab).
And i highly doubt any coming DLC will prolong V's story beyond current endings. Additional side jobs for Act 2 at best.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah but the Jedi knight games are more action adventure games then RPG’s. And I don’t see an RPG like 2077 doing that.
CP77 is actually a bad RPG so i don't even look at it that way, playing it as visual novel about criminal drama in cyberpunk world)

I don't see how the game can not follow up on the cure given the ending.

Weird, I think this would be defined as, "Allowing you to enjoy all the content."
To me it is defined as "a linear story that has no player agency brances off into different flavour of same endings."

And i highly doubt any coming DLC will prolong V's story beyond current endings. Additional side jobs for Act 2 at best.

I believe so too. Though if they fix the friggin, as we all have discussed here, endings I'd be ok with that.
If they don't, that's when I walk.

It's just a weird decision to want to continue a game for a long time with GTA Style MP when the main game has a constantly dying, and eventually dying of unnatural causes main protagonist no matter what you do. If the MP was a seperate product, even a seperate release, that would make more sense. Still would have me walk, but yeah... no one cares ^^

Anyway, new years is approaching and I'll try to step away from the forum for a couple of days. I feel shitty enough with the current state of Vs story/fate and getting constantly reminded isn't doing my any good. Maybe I can keep myself off of here :)

Never the less, I hope you guys have a great new years eve! Till next year!

I believe so too. Though if they fix the friggin, as we all have discussed here, endings I'd be ok with that.

It's just a weird decision to want to continue a game for a long time with GTA Style MP when the main game has a constantly dying, and eventually dying of unnatural causes main protagonist no matter what you do. If the MP was a seperate product, even a seperate release, that would make more sense. Still would have me walk, but yeah... no one cares ^^

Anyway, new years is approaching and I'll try to step away from the forum for a couple of days. I feel shitty enough with the current state of Vs story/fate and getting constantly reminded isn't doing my any good. Maybe I can keep myself off of here :)

Thanks, and you too have a great time!

But she can't use V's body by herself. Aahh, that's why she insisted Johny takes the body. He wouldn't have 6 months problem and would be agreeable to press buttons for Alt IRL.
And a possible cure is a pretty convincing reward to press buttons as well. For Alt or a rogue AI collective, it is a win/win situation.

Btw. Vs body is clearly falling apart from the very beginning. Coughing up blood etc.
I have no idea why Johnny should not have the same problem as V. It is stated by ingame law that the body has to be compatible with the engram.

Take care of yourself! I will try to do the same too starting today lol

And a possible cure is a pretty convincing reward to press buttons as well. For Alt or a rogue AI collective, it is a win/win situation.

Btw. Vs body is clearly falling apart from the very beginning. Coughing up blood etc.
I have no idea why Johnny should not have the same problem as V. It is stated by ingame law that the body has to be compatible with the engram.
Lazy writing, completely unconvincing. If chip rewrites DNA (sic!) to match a new owner (but in that case Arasaka could take any body for Saburo, which, as Hanako said, they couldn't), then after the separation chip with V's engram on board will rewrite body's DNA to match...V, thus eliminating 6 months crap

Logically thinking, its a bad idea to stop V's story here. Its not like Gta where you dont rly give a fuq about characters, since they dont act real and are generic and boring.
Here people playas V, which expressess feelings perfectly through voice acting. After putting so much work and just ending it here is stupid. I do believe thatit was a closure to Johnny but a beginning for V. But we will have to wait and see if theygonna stroke Johnny or not.

Lazy writing, completely unconvincing. If chip rewrites DNA (sic!) to match a new owner (but in that case Arasaka could take any body for Saburo, which, as Hanako said, they couldn't), then after the separation chip with V's engram on board will rewrite body's DNA to match...V, thus eliminating 6 months crap
Damn. Don't bring logic and common sense into the equation.

As I pointed it many, many pages ago, the ending and the justification of the 6 month cancer is just full of holes, contradictions and bs.

Btw. Didn't they already state that the mp will be a separate release?

When Captain Kirk is beamed up they still consider him the original Kirk right? Even though hes literally deconstructed, digitized then rebuilt. That’s the easiest way to see what happened to V’s mind for a brief moment.
May be. Difficult to compare. The teleportation process is easier to understand :)
If human consciousness is a collection of electrical impulses in the brain, it can be transmitted over a network without deconstruction. Popular movie topic since The Lawnmower Man.
Fortunately, cyberpunk is not science fiction. This is a pseudoscientific fantasy, so no one will go into details. It just works.

May be. Difficult to compare. The teleportation process is easier to understand :)
If human consciousness is a collection of electrical impulses in the brain, it can be transmitted over a network without deconstruction. Popular movie topic since The Lawnmower Man.
Fortunately, cyberpunk is not science fiction. This is a pseudoscientific fantasy, so no one will go into details. It just works.
You just answered your own question, you don’t want to understand.

Logically thinking, its a bad idea to stop V's story here. Its not like Gta where you dont rly give a fuq about characters, since they dont act real and are generic and boring.
Here people playas V, which expressess feelings perfectly through voice acting. After putting so much work and just ending it here is stupid. I do believe thatit was a closure to Johnny but a beginning for V. But we will have to wait and see if theygonna stroke Johnny or not.
But i doubt they will rewrite or at least expand the endings to prolong V's existence. Rather they will make more sidejobs for Act 2.

Top Bottom