[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Lazy writing, completely unconvincing. If chip rewrites DNA (sic!) to match a new owner (but in that case Arasaka could take any body for Saburo, which, as Hanako said, they couldn't), then after the separation chip with V's engram on board will rewrite body's DNA to match...V, thus eliminating 6 months crap

If fixed by Hellman, sure. Hellman works for Arasaka though and Arasaka won't help you unless you bend the knee.

This game is about Johny, finally resolving ancient "Never Fade Away" PnP adventure). V was just a random upstart gonk serving as his vessel and plot cab).
And i highly doubt any coming DLC will prolong V's story beyond current endings. Additional side jobs for Act 2 at best.
Post automatically merged:

CP77 is actually a bad RPG so i don't even look at it that way, playing it as visual novel about criminal drama in cyberpunk world)
Well you see it that way because you’re being cynical, it’s clearly an RPG where you customize and play V. But hey don’t let my opinion parade on your rain :shrug:

Damn. Don't bring logic and common sense into the equation.

As I pointed it many, many pages ago, the ending and the justification of the 6 month cancer is just full of holes, contradictions and bs.

Btw. Didn't they already state that the mp will be a separate release?
I think that is the general consensus. The multiplayer will be a stand alone game. Which would make more sense imo.

Well you see it that way because you’re being cynical, it’s clearly an RPG where you customize and play V. But hey don’t let my opinion parade on your rain :shrug:
You customize V, play as V, but dramatically this isn't his story. As for RPG, for now i see some RPG elements, like attributes and perks (like in almost every action game nowadays), but in terms of roleplaying and decisions, important for a plot, this is bad RPG. We're talking about fiction here, what makes your impression of a thing more important and right than mine?)

If fixed by Hellman, sure. Hellman works for Arasaka though and Arasaka won't help you unless you bend the knee.
Okay, damaged chip overwrites body for Johny's engram, but refused to overwrite it for V's engram? Convenient logic violation)

To be honest, I don't remember asking any question. Well, besides the obvious - are CDPRs going to make normal endings, or have they decided to surpass ME3?
you asked how soulkiller worked...
Also, what would you consider a “normal” ending?

Including ending that remove the 6 months would made all other endings wrong ones, no matter the price (at least the mentioned).

IMO the 6 monts is set for next game or some continuation of the story. The "no known cure" from Arasaka has the same weight as "don't stop fighting" of Jonny.
And Alt only speaks for their perspective of cyberspace AI. Whenever you call her "DeUs Ex MaChInA!" or not.

But even if not, some stories don't have happy ending and that is good.
It is less "Done and done, can I have my dopamine now please and move to another" but more to make palyer think about value of life and what to do with limited time... give it up so a friend get a chance? Fight to the bitter end? Surrender and hope? Make youreslf a legend?
Plus V burned very, very brightly.... on a borrowed time already.

It odesnt matter, this topic is already locked in blind hate spiral sicne many many pages ago as Willenbrock pointed out.

Including ending that remove the 6 months would made all other endings wrong ones, no matter the price (at least the mentioned).

IMO the 6 monts is set for next game or some continuation of the story. The "no known cure" from Arasaka has the same weight as "don't stop fighting" of Jonny.
And Alt only speaks for their perspective of cyberspace AI. Whenever you call her "DeUs Ex MaChInA!" or not.

It is less "Done and done, can I have my dopamine now please and move to another" but more to make palyer think about value of life and what to do with limited time... give it up so a friend get a chance? Fight to the bitter end? Surrender and hope? Make youreslf a legend?

It odesnt matter, this topic is already locked in blind hate spiral sicne many many pages ago as Willenbrock pointed out.
I personally don't mind if V dies in 6 month after the DLCs. But if the game is meant to make us think about the value of time and life, then it has to let us play the game with that in mind.
As the game is currently, act 2 and forward is all about surviving. We don't get an option to just accept our fate and live out the last days accordingly.

I personally don't mind if V dies in 6 month after the DLCs. But if the game is meant to make us think about the value of time and life, then it has to let us play the game with that in mind.
As the game is currently, act 2 and forward is all about surviving. We don't get an option to just accept our fate and live out the last days accordingly.
Yeah, probably through some mechanic like in Disco Elysium. In that game protagonist could loose all of his Will points and loose, khm, will to live on, and them game would end.

Yeah, probably through some mechanic like in Disco Elysium. In that game protagonist could loose all of his Will points and loose, khm, will to live on, and them game would end.

Ah, what the pseudo-scientific soeciety calls "The Padme Effect" !

Ohh, i just got the idea. Add another level of conflict starting with Act 2 - V's will to live against mortido. With more frequent blood cough and traumatic event adding weight to the lattest, and good events (and different side activities like whoremongering, alcho- and narco-trips, not to mention succesfull romances) reinforcing V's desire to fight on.

Ah, what the pseudo-scientific soeciety calls "The Padme Effect" !
Sort of, but in our case V would just lie in some motel, hangover and puked, stared into the ceiling and waited the end. Or just put a bullet in his brain.

It´s always the most touching when you play as a character that symbolizes you. So for women it´s more touching to play as women and for men probably playing as men. Though I believe that we females got the better romances :love:. If they wouldn´t just end after completing their stories.:cry:
Well, I'm a man and I prefer playing female characters, if given the chance. The oftentimes overly cool attitude of male game chars makes me want to facepalm all the time and that really distracts from playing. Plus somehow to me it often seems much more badass and satisfying when all the ordeals of a story are overcome by a woman. I like me my girls strong, independent and intelligent :shrug:🤷‍♂️

Because bodies are useful. They can press buttons in the real world and shoot people.
Plus they can yank cables from servers...

I know, and that is nonsense.
Alt does not need the engrams. What would they bring to it ? What does it have to gain ?
An AI is a program. It needs processing power to run, storage space to have its data hosted, and bandwith to communicate. And most of all, power to their hardware. AIs like Alt are distributed. They don't have a core but their data are all over the network. By absorbing the engrams, Alt simply inflates. It needs more storage space and more computing power. For what ? Really ? So, presenting Alt as absorbing the engrams and merge with them is just a simple way to deny the player (V) or Johnny the proverbial afterlife in the network, the ending which can be found in Neuromancer.
And in doing so, CDPR goes against Cyberpunk P&P, but also against what Cyberpunk stands for : to escape the flesh through technology. That's lazy storytelling to force a bittersweet endings on the players.
Dunno about AIs but real life Artificial Neuronal Networks need tons of Data to function properly. The more data, the better the conclusions they can draw. So I would guess that an AI would need as many stored personalities and their memories it can get it's uh... hands... on to extrapolate and predict the behaviour of humans that are unknown to. When you're an AI and plan to do something sinister to humanity, posession of such data would be quite an advantage.

But people have discussed it a lot in ways that aren’t just blind hate. People are irritated because it was pitched as a game where your choices throughout the game would matter, but the absolute only answer in the game that matters to your ending is “dying or upload yourself” in three different ways.

If it’s meant to be the end of V’s story, the endings would have been fine (if super depressing) on their own without the expiration date, they would have all been different and sad but fulfilling in their own ways. With the ticking time bomb in V’s body they’re all the same story and it’s annoying.

And if it’s meant to be a continuation for a sequel or DLC, why does it have to be dying on a timeline and hacking up blood again? We just did that for 40 hours. There’s so many concepts to be explored in Night City or Cyberpunk lore in general but we’re still “V, but actively dying.”

Lucas wanted that in his sequels for Luke I heard ... ^^
Name the story by a short summary below:

Young uneducated boy from primitive desert backwater was brainswashed by an old man, former member of forbidden religious sect, convicted for state treason, and together they commenced act of terrorism, destroying the military object of legal government, obliterating millions of servicemen just following orders.

Name the story by a short summary below:

Young uneducated boy from primitive desert backwater was brainswashed by an old man, former member of forbidden religious sect, convicted for state treason, and together they commenced act of terrorism, destroying the military object of legal government, obliterating millions of servicemen just following orders.

Dune I suppose?

It wouldn't make other endings the wrong one unless you meta game and go for the "correct" choices. All it does is cement the fact that you have no agency over your own fate. forget about V living on borrowed time, the player starts the game on borrowed time, can you ignore that? yeah it's totally possible, but why am I supposed to ignore the narrative in order to play the game? I don't play games like this for the gameplay, I don't care about achievement hunting or completionism, being asked to put my immersion to the side in order to fully experience the world you built is insane.

"But even if not, some stories don't have happy ending and that is good." good for some stories perhaps but bad for the type of game this was heavily marketed at being before the last minute stealth category switches, it's all a closed system, the game decides when you start, how long you have and how you finish.
There's a difference between sad endings and bad endings, these endings are just bad by virtue of having the same plot cancer tacked on, you finish the game by having your terminal illness say this isn't even my final form and that's it, that's the plot.

They said the story in C77 would be complete, it's not.
they said it would be rewarding, it's not.
Even if V had died at the end of her fight there would be catharsis, there isn't unless you put the gun in your own mouth, which reduces act 3 to a cutscene.

Dune I suppose?
CP77 is the world of triumphing capital, dropped any act or pretence, with no hope of changing it. Partly that's why i wasn't attached to V and his survival all along - life in such hell isn't worth much to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
you asked how soulkiller worked...
Also, what would you consider a “normal” ending?
No, I didn't ask how it works, I said that it would be nice for the CDPR to explain this in the game, so that there would be no questions about who is a copy and who is not.
The normal ending for me in RPG is one in which the ending and the fate of the hero depend on my actions.
And yes, a good ending - it's normal for me, because I don’t understand the players who put in a lot of effort into making themselves lose.

Top Bottom