[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Allow me to tear that apart in a few sentences.

1. You can't do the same in the Witcher or New Vegas either and you live in almost all of those endings.

2. The reason you can't play AFTER being cured is like 1/4th of the quests have Johnny Silverhand providing running commentary. You couldn't DO those quests after you get yourself cured of them.

Players KNOW this and so its silly pretending they think playing afterward would make any sense since the writing is for BEFORE the game's ending.
Post automatically merged:

Arasaka also believes that you should upload your soul into their mainframe and become immortal body snatching vampires. They don't think of that as dying and offer you a place in their New Order.

Why is this not considered living?
You didn't tear anything apart in your response. In the Witcher the sense of urgency is far far less serious. And it is completely in character for Geralt to stop when he sees someone in distress. The whole trilogy is about him learning his own role in the world and how he isn't just the emotionless monster hunter he convinced himself to be.
Exploring the world and doing side quests fits perfectly well into the narrative. Ciri has been missing for decades, she is even more capable than Geralt. While looking for her is important, she can probably take care of herself for a while still. And as we found out, she was even hidden safely for a while.
On the other hand, doing side quests for money makes absolutely no sense for V because he has clear leads that he can pursue for a cure and solution. Now, if the game would have a mechanic where the main campaign requires you to gain a certain level or street cred or reputation before new clues are presented to you, then the gameplay and narrative would make much more sense.
V is dying in a couple of weeks, he has no need for cash and cars. And in the story, after act two his goal is not to fuck arasaka over for fame, his goal is to survive.

And your no.2 arguement just doesnt make sense. I play for immersion and story in RPGs, ignoring narrative for gameplay is actually something i consciously try to avoid. Even if i know the urgency isn't real, I usually still try to stay in character and make decisions according to what my character is aware of.
Again, having Jhonny in many side quests, and not having a version without him is just bad gameplay design.

The bottom line is. IF YOU GONNA MAKE AN OPEN WORLD RPG, WRITE A STORY THAT SUPPORTS THAT GAME EXPERIENCE.

Allow me to tear that apart in a few sentences.

1. You can't do the same in the Witcher or New Vegas either and you live in almost all of those endings.

2. The reason you can't play AFTER being cured is like 1/4th of the quests have Johnny Silverhand providing running commentary. You couldn't DO those quests after you get yourself cured of them.

Players KNOW this and so its silly pretending they think playing afterward would make any sense since the writing is for BEFORE the game's ending.
Post automatically merged:

Arasaka also believes that you should upload your soul into their mainframe and become immortal body snatching vampires. They don't think of that as dying and offer you a place in their New Order.

Why is this not considered living?
Because it's NOT my V.

The most fucked up thing IMHO is playing never fade away in the credits, while we literally fading away...
symbolic maybe? a hint for what to come? just want 1 definite happy ending for V and his/her love(Whoever, ending should work with everyone of them) where they can live together, even though they may have lost all their other friends(for those who want sacrifices)

The most fucked up thing IMHO is playing never fade away in the credits, while we literally fading away...

Deeper meaning. Your deeds, your love, the way you affectd others, so you will enver fade away, blabla...usual chinese cookie stuff that should make you THINK and not enjoy!

1609351966222.png

Yeah, when you literally fight for survival - that is after all the main goal of the game, and in the end you cannot save yourself, that means you lose, no matter how you spin it.
Yeah, Some people say this is the essence of cyberpunk.
To convey the feeling of insignificance and helplessness of the common person against the background of the rich and powerful. Therefore, a simple mercenary V cannot even get the cure. It's noir and sad realism.
However, in the process, he throws one of the most powerful megacorporations into ruins, but which of the cyberpunk lovers cares about such trifles.

CD Project spent all their effort on a sweet girls, Panam and Judy)
like I just said, they need to do one ending that works with every romance! I love River and Judy, others love Panam and others love Kerry. Some even want Takemura or Meredith. And after that ending, you should be allowed to PLAY AFTERWARDS, not returning to before the finale and should have all the kinds of stuff to do with them, which I mentioned earlier.

To convey the feeling of insignificance and helplessness of the common person against the background of the rich and powerful. Therefore, a simple mercenary V cannot even get the cure. It's noir and sad realism.
However, in the process, he throws one of the most powerful megacorporations into ruins, but which of the cyberpunk lovers cares about such trifles.
50 years ago Arasaka was nuked, and nothing happens of it. Yes, Alt can destroy Mikoshi, but do you really think that it will ruin Arasaka?

The problem withthose 6 months as continuation for sequel is pretty much the same story. Rushing to find a way to cure it.
Then again, we got almost same endings, cant say i would be surprised.

Eh, could still work. Maybe I'm too optimistic but all endings end up with V either being in their body or in Mikoshi/cyberspace. Finding the cure or a new body for V, depending on the ending, could be the prologue of a DLC/expansion/sequel and then once that's out of the way the main goal changes.

like I just said, they need to do one ending that works with every romance! I love River and Judy, others love Panam and others love Kerry. Some even want Takemura or Meredith. And after that ending, you should be allowed to PLAY AFTERWARDS, not returning to before the finale and should have all the kinds of stuff to do with them, which I mentioned earlier.
Personally i'm not so interested in playing after endings, but vox populi - vox Dei.

I dare say that the essence of the cyberpunk genre is to tell low-fantasy style stories, who revolve around. Surviving against obsticles.

In lots of sources, most people actually survive and retire...

Sprawl, johnny mnemonic, c23, the windup girl..

Top Bottom