[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
That's true.
It still depends on the view on what makes up a person. A person might believe that there is no soul.. For such a person, becoming an inactive engram is like sleeping, until you wake up in another body.

The problem is that you cannot "become" an inactive engram.
There just can be an engram made by copying you, which is no different than having a statue of yourself on your own grave: you are still dead.

That's true.
It still depends on the view on what makes up a person. A person might believe that there is no soul.. For such a person, becoming an inactive engram is like sleeping, until you wake up in another body.
Not really. If that engram can wake up in its new body while the "original" is still alive it clearly isn't "the same" person. It might be a perfect copy but it isn't the same.

More than one.

V does not immediately die in more than one ending.

A cure is teased in more than one ending & V losing a relationship does not necessarily make an ending dark.

The story is also to be continued. For all we know the LIs will be in DLC and there will be a chance to rekindle relationships with those who split. We'll have to wait and see on that. We'll also have to wait & see whether V's death is unavoidable.

Wishful thinking with the current state of the game in mind.

If the plot-cancer is the setup for the next chapter, it's rather clumsy but I would ultimately go with it, despite the glaring problems...

It would be an example of bad story telling but hey, at least more V (until V get the third terminal illness).

If they want to pull this off, they need to cancel their blasted mp release.

For some of us personal relationships are worth the most in a grim dark world, because we feel that is the only thing to achieve, the only thing to fight for. It isn´t about making the world a better place. We just want that personal happiness and not turning Night City into Disneyland.
This is called the scale.
It may be epic, world shattering, or it can be your neighborhood, your tower block, your family and friends. Depend of the scale of the story you want to tell...

Not really. If that engram can wake up in its new body while the "original" is still alive it clearly isn't "the same" person. It might be a perfect copy but it isn't the same.
Technically true.
I mean. Alt wants us to get a specific version of the soulkiller from mikoshi. The one that copies the conciousness.
If V is just copied to the engram and overwritten by the biochip, V would still be V, because the process is slow and the original conciousness is not deleted.

This is basically supported by ingame lore.

Technically true.
I mean. Alt wants us to get a specific version of the soulkiller from mikoshi. The one that copies the conciousness.
If V is just copied to the engram and overwritten by the biochip, V would still be V, because the process is slow and the original conciousness is not deleted.

This is basically supported by ingame lore.
Ingame lore is messes as I explained before, how is explained in Arasaka ending the Saburo resurection as an enagram that was made before his death?
The sould conciusness can be a lie, if you ask Johnny he can thing both ways depending of what you answer, he is just data, or he is real Johnny.

I buy the soulkiller getting conscience all along concept since in the universe minds already work partially digital with all the cyberware.
But if at the same time is possible to have copies of a person the conscience thing becomes so vague and ambiguous.

Female V doesn't get dumped by River in endings where she stays in Night City.

I have not seen endings with Kerry but FWIW I've seen other people saying that the two male love interests remain in Night City & dump V in the Nomad ending, while the two female LIs leave Night City and dump V if s/he stays.

But you said that Nomad ending is the only happy-ish ending, but River/Kerry are locked out of it. There isn’t a “hopefully leaning on your loved ones in your time of need” ending for River and Kerry. They technically stay with you in that they don’t openly break up with you, but V is very abrasive, shuts them out of helping, and the relationship is clearly not going well. My V openly says “you knew we wouldn’t get a happy ending.” It’s nothing at all like Judy and Panam going on a cross country road trip with cute teasing voice mails in the end.

My point is that it’s not just a clear cut hopeful ending because for whatever reason they decided there’s no bittersweet endings for River/Kerry storylines. They’re just openly bitter. You’re alive but alone, either because they left you or because you push them away. (Or you’re indebted to Arasaka and who knows what’s going on there, but at least Goro is alive and well.)

More than one.

V does not immediately die in more than one ending.

A cure is teased in more than one ending & V losing a relationship does not necessarily make an ending dark.

The story is also to be continued. For all we know the LIs will be in DLC and there will be a chance to rekindle relationships with those who split. We'll have to wait and see on that. We'll also have to wait & see whether V's death is unavoidable.
I never said immediately die in all endings. but is fully medically dead in three of them. V;s engram trapped in prison or also no longer alive/separate as merge with ALT and go beyond blackwall.

and in other two with physical V around you have far less time left, or much less of a brain left = not exactly a lot of hope with those.

you keep referencing leaving with aldacadoes as "endings offering hope" - where nothing is stated they leave if you dont choose that ending.

Ingame lore is messes as I explained before, how is explained in Arasaka ending the Saburo resurection as an enagram that was made before his death?
Maybe Saburo was prepared. Maybe he knew that Yorinobu was about to kill him:smart:. but that would also back up the copy fact.

For some of us personal relationships are worth the most in a grim dark world, because we feel that is the only thing to achieve, the only thing to fight for. It isn´t about making the world a better place. We just want that personal happiness and not turning Night City into Disneyland.

That is possible in the existing endings.

In the Nomad ending V can still be in a relationship with either Judy or Panam.

In the ending where V stays in Night City as a legendary merc, V can still be in a relationship with River. I've read the same is true for Kerry as well, though I haven't seen that one.

This is actually backed by ingame lore..

Alt Cunningham originally created a software to create a safe-file of NeTrunner, surfing the cyberspace. She basically created a safety net.
Cyberspace is a dangerous place and touching black ice is a death sentence.

Alts original version did off course not kill the user.

That only happened when arasaka kidnapped alt and forced her to weaponize her safety net.

But you said that Nomad ending is the only happy-ish ending, but River/Kerry are locked out of it. There isn’t a “hopefully leaning on your loved ones in your time of need” ending for River and Kerry. They technically stay with you in that they don’t openly break up with you, but V is very abrasive, shuts them out of helping, and the relationship is clearly not going well. My V openly says “you knew we wouldn’t get a happy ending.” It’s nothing at all like Judy and Panam going on a cross country road trip with cute teasing voice mails in the end.

My point is that it’s not just a clear cut hopeful ending because for whatever reason they decided there’s no bittersweet endings for River/Kerry storylines. They’re just openly bitter. You’re alive but alone, either because they left you or because you push them away. (Or you’re indebted to Arasaka and who knows what’s going on there, but at least Goro is alive and well.)

I said all the endings are bittersweet. I didn't claim any of them were happy. I just said that the Nomad ending was potentially the most hopeful of the bunch.

The back and forth started with people disagreeing with me that the endings were bittersweet. They're arguing it's all bitter.

I said all the endings are bittersweet. I didn't claim any of them were happy. I just said that the Nomad ending was potentially the most hopeful of the bunch.

The back and forth started with people disagreeing with me that the endings were bittersweet. They're arguing it's all bitter.
Name Anything sweet about an ending other than the leave with the aldacadoes ending.

I never said immediately die in all endings. but is fully medically dead in three of them. V;s engram trapped in prison or also no longer alive/separate as merge with ALT and go beyond blackwall.

and in other two with physical V around you have far less time left, or much less of a brain left = not exactly a lot of hope with those.

you keep referencing leaving with aldacadoes as "endings offering hope" - where nothing is stated they leave if you dont choose that ending.

The Nomad ending offers hope in that V is potentially surrounded by people s/he cares about, and who care about V. A potential cure is discussed and V can mention that medicine obtained from Vic is having some effect.

It isn't a happily ever after ending but then I never claimed that. I said it all the endings were bittersweet.

Name Anything sweet about an ending other than the leave with the aldacadoes ending.
According to my list, only fucking remains on the sweet side... At least as long as V is able to fuck...
Post automatically merged:

The Nomad ending offers hope in that V is potentially surrounded by people s/he cares about, and who care about V. A potential cure is discussed and V can mention that medicine obtained from Vic is having some effect.

It isn't a happily ever after ending but then I never claimed that. I said it all the endings were bittersweet.
This is not sweet, that's just cruel...

Have you witnessed people slowly fading away before your eyes?

I did that multiple times in this thread on the last few pages. Go through my post history if you must but I'm not going to continually answer the same question posed repeatedly by multiple people. The answer isn't going to change no matter how many times it is asked.

According to my list, only fucking remains on the sweet side... At least as long as V is able to fuck...

This is not sweet, that's just cruel...

Have you witnessed people slowly fading away before your eyes?

and he keeps referencing his hail mary alcadadoes ending..... all other endings are bitter crap

I did that multiple times in this thread on the last few pages. Go through my post history if you must but I'm not going to continually answer the same question posed repeatedly by multiple people. The answer isn't going to change no matter how many times it is asked.
because you keep going back to leave with aldacadoes and the hope in Arizona - news flash - we have no information they leave NC in other endings.

Top Bottom