[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Again. Your headcanon is not what happens or what is indecated by the story.

The endings simply feel rushed and incomplete.

It doesn't matter what my interpretation is. It is, however, what happens in the game.

Because when V walks off with Alt into Cyber-World, that is V, and is what happens in the actual game. There are many games where you can interpret the ending.

This is not really one of them.

What I don't get and confused me the most is the ending for Panam choice with the video messages.
Spoiler Alert but I guess most know already.
There is a message from Panam about a sandstorm yet V left with her...so why is she leaving a video message...ok
Some of the other messages were not really understandable either, V left Night City, newsflash event.

I did not pay 69.99 to headcanon and rpg my ending.

Good, because it actually happens in-game and you're told what happens. You are the most headcannoning poster here because you ignore what the game says and basically post, "V is dead despite the fact that he's a digital program and can talk, think, and do a jig."

For 500 pages you have constantly repeated your version and act like the events IN THE GAME don't matter. Which is the definition of headcanon except headcanon isn't allowed to directly contradict canon by internet law.

So it's just you making up stuff.

Yes, i know. Either you get freedom, but no glory or riches, or vice versa. Like W3 endings — set of equal trade-offs.
they don't even need to be equal, they should just offer interesting conclusions to a 100+ hour story, a logical terminus for a character arc.

In the context of being immortal forever in the Net. I suppose. Which is not really death in any meaningful sense.
90% sure Alt is taking V to consume him/her for their Netrunnign capabilities. And as mentioned before, you aren't immortal if you arent human anymore. You are just dead, just some zeros and ones in cyberspace.

Good, because it actually happens in-game and you're told what happens. You are the most headcannoning poster here because you ignore what the game says and basically post, "V is dead despite the fact that he's a digital program and can talk, think, and do a jig."

For 500 pages you have constantly repeated your version and act like the events IN THE GAME don't matter. Which is the definition of headcanon except headcanon isn't allowed to directly contradict canon by internet law.

So it's just you making up stuff.
dude, alt definitely eats you. that ending is just vore.

What did I miss? You ride the tank into the sunset after Panam I really sure you will get cured and then it's fade to credits.
Vs perspective ends, once Johnny takes over. Not even a massage from the net.
Same with arasaka engram ending. Fade to black

90% sure Alt is taking V to consume him/her for their Netrunnign capabilities. And as mentioned before, you aren't immortal if you arent human anymore. You are just dead, just some zeros and ones in cyberspace.

Humanity is overrated when I'm already 90% machine.

Humanity is overrated when I'm already 90% machine.
Are you though? That is the whole point of transhumanism that was fucking missed in the game.
1609791949021.png

They hardly explored the transhumanism idea in the game, all they did was just went RDR2 but worse.

They have forgotten somewhere during production that game doesn't have to be art, have message and all this other useless things. It just have to be FUN and make players feel good. And when they beat it leave them with satisfied feeling. That's all, someting very basic and not requiring any overthinking. Why Dragon Quest serie has so many parts and pplz still love it? Cause it doesn't try to reinvent wheel, it's linear strory, but everyone know it will be and devs not tell players otherwise, it always have good ending and leave players feeling satisfied after beating final boss. They do it over and over again and it works every time.

If CDPR just done it properly and didn't screw last act even that linear story we have now might actually be good, but it's not. It's not cause it lacks most important thing game must have: FEELING OF SATISFACTION. If game doesn't leave player with positive feelings it's failed game.

Top Bottom