[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
why? you are presented with a choices where you either live forever as an AI and give the body to Johnny, or take the body and live another 6 months.. (remember, you were shot to the head originally... you are living on borrowed time anyway...)
The difference is that you don't live forever. Alt herself made it perfectly clear that you die when you are uploaded to the net.

Personally, i was quite happy with the ending in this game... bittersweet endings are the best, and feeling you have after such experience lasts a lot longer than a happy ending.... Ending in Cyberpunk 2077 reminds me a lot Sucker Punch movie which had excellent sacrifice ending but many people did not got the message of it either...
The keyword here is "sacrifice", because if I'm not mistaken there a no sacrifices in Cyberpunk, only deaths, and the pointless journey leading up to it

istockphoto-167580877-612x612.jpg

The keyword here is "sacrifice", because if I'm not mistaken there a no sacrifices in Cyberpunk, only deaths, and the pointless journey leading up to it

Sacrificing yourself for Johnny is an entirely valid story. However, if you don't like Johnny, it won't feel poignant.

Saul and Rogue also sacrifice themselves for you.

The difference is that you don't live forever. Alt herself made it perfectly clear that you die when you are uploaded to the net.

By that point you've already died, though. You die when Soulkiller is used and had literally seconds left to live.

So AI V is the one who decides to live forever or not.

Also, I don't think Alt actually incorporates you into herself. I just replayed it and she said that you will actually be able to survive beyond the dangers of the Blackwall and fight for survival.

Alt only eats the Mikoshi souls.

No. It's both acting out of character. Thus creating a plothole

V doesn't have a character beyond snarky badass. You decide what they do and why.

It's not sacrificing if there aren't other options, it's like giving a dead phone to someone instead of throwing it in the trash (in both options you are still throwing throw)

Yeah, you can let him die.

For you to live 6 months or become computer software

Its why I do think clarifying you find a cure in Legend and Nomad would go a long way with many fans.

why? you are presented with a choices where you either live forever as an AI and give the body to Johnny, or take the body and live another 6 months.. (remember, you were shot to the head originally... you are living on borrowed time anyway...)

You're an engram in Cyberspace and you could be gobbled up by AI Alt whenever she wants, or get attacked by the monsters behind the Blackwall.

In the prologue your life was ripped from you by events beyond your control - first taking away control from the player and then saying "you live on borrowed time", as if all the fuckups were somehow V's fault, is bad writing.

Dex fails to properly vet Evelyn
T-Bug loses track of Yorinobu
Saburo and Yorinobu have their family feud at exactly the same hour as the heist
Adam Smasher one-shots you if you don't hide
You can't fight Dex's bodyguard as in the trailers
You can't decide if you want to plug the chip in your head or not

And so on...

Other posters already debunked the "Bittersweet" theory several days ago.

Sacrificing yourself for Johnny is an entirely valid story. However, if you don't like Johnny, it won't feel poignant.

Saul and Rogue also sacrifice themselves for you.
I think Johny doesn't want this, he's ready to join Alt. And then he got no decency or guts to tell friends of V that V's dead. Most terrible ending among terrible endings. In that case why can't both Johny and V enter cyberspace? (

That's cyberhell.

Better to reign in cyberhell than to serve in Night City.
Post automatically merged:

It doesn't change anything for you, so it's not "sacrifice"

Clarification would be meaningless if you can't play post ending, if my character is "cured" I better not get "relic malfunction" errors

Again, there's no way you'll ever be able to play postgame because all the content is written for pregame.

Top Bottom