[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Did I ever say he wasn't a dick? He was so egocentric that he couldn't even think that Alt was more important to Arasaka than him, but he still cared about her and wanted to save her. He treated Kerry horribly but still wanted to help him at the end of the day. He could have taken control of V's body and kept it after talking to Rogue, he doesn't do it regardless of your relationship with him. He never forcibly takes the red pills, and if you go through his side quests and go to his "grave" he shows that he's genuinely grown to care for V.

Don't get me wrong, I understand what you mean. He go after Alt just because he thinks this is a personal attack on him from Arasaka, not that he care so much on Alt. I have played his side missions. From my point of view he grows to care about people only by V's part of brain - how V is operating, living and his relations with people. That's only by mixing Johny and Vs conscientiousness.

I tell it again, if they want to do the game about Johny and Alt, they can review Johny after that Dex shoot V after Heist, not push his mission to the rank of side missions.

Empathic and egocentric in one person - interesting. He is a dick to the people who cared about him whole time. That's not empathy when they die you have only one thing to say "They knew the risk".
not only this but he is like “gonna kill you” the moment you “met” him and 30-60 min of story time “we’re cool now. What’s better he stays this way throughout the story.

I really don’t know what was his point at the end.
Did I ever say he wasn't a dick? He was so egocentric that he couldn't even think that Alt was more important to Arasaka than him, but he still cared about her and wanted to save her. He treated Kerry horribly but still wanted to help him at the end of the day. He could have taken control of V's body and kept it after talking to Rogue, he doesn't do it regardless of your relationship with him. He never forcibly takes the red pills, and if you go through his side quests and go to his "grave" he shows that he's genuinely grown to care for V.
and then he hates Judy like that, is like gtfo to V when Judy Is laying the plan of small revolution of her, I don’t know is he even ever called her by her name, maybe at the end.
He was an asshole to every one he met, and from his “mission” he was “rescuing” Alt more to hurt Arasaka than to really help her, he didn’t really care about anyone. And in the end he is ghosting all of V friends if you give him V’s body.
Dickish by default in my book.

At least Tyler Durden had charisma and was about to really do something about the world in not vicious way.

Oh and it ends up the he was/is a main character. Cool writing.

let me ask you this: if you were living in night city, you new about soulkiller, mikoshi, and the person you cared about most of all was trapped in there, and you thought 2 tactical nukes could possibly end all of it, and you had the warheads handy would you use them?

---edit) i think soulkilller combined with mikoshi... either one is abhorrent by itself (though i guess for mikoshi to exist soulkiller would have to), well putting both in the same place, i'd have a hard time justifying not using those nukes myself.

not only this but he is like “gonna kill you” the moment you “met” him and 30-60 min of story time “we’re cool now. What’s better he stays this way throughout the story.

I really don’t know what was his point at the end.

and then he hates Judy like that, is like gtfo to V when Judy Is laying the plan of small revolution of her, I don’t know is he even ever called her by her name, maybe at the end.
He was an asshole to every one he met, and from his “mission” he was “rescuing” Alt more to hurt Arasaka than to really help her, he didn’t really care about anyone. And in the end he is ghosting all of V friends if you give him V’s body.

At least Tyler Durden had charisma and was about to really do something about the world in not vicious way.

Dickish by default in my book.
Oh and it ends up the he was a main character. Cool writing.

Actually it was Johnny who killed Alt, in the lore Alt got it all under control. She used soulkiller on herself BUT she always had way to get back. Then rides in Johnny and in blaze of glory PLUGS HER OUT. Bravo Johnny.

Last edited:
He's toxic and egocentric to the point of tunnel vision, but he's also quite empathetic, values people's personal freedom and cares about his friends. Usually when it's too late, and after being a dick to them for the whole time.

He's a really well written character, I don't think so many players would have had such a strong negative response towards him if V's story was longer and didn't end in probable death regardless of any previous choices.

My negative response to him is in part because this is an open world. He just comes across as a lunatic, one moment it's "put a bullet in your head! That's the only way!", the next we're listening to some guy with a guitar "Hey V, listen to this. What do you think about his music?"

Then it's just the way he is written. He gives V his dogtags. "We are deployed together. I would take a bullet for you." Then he wants to talk to Rogue and enjoys being back in Night City.
That's not what I see as a well written character.

I agree. I love V to death. I played as female V and Voice acting was breathtaking. I will be done with this game if I dont see more of V. Not Jhonny boy in Vs body. My V
Don't rush to the ending. Save your game if you want to watch them, but then come back to this save. You can just explore the world while the CDPR think what to put in their storyline in dlc. People still hope for the best.

Last edited:
Actually it was Johnny who killed Alt, in the lore Alt got it all under control. She used soulkiller on herself BUT she always had way to get back. Then rides in Johnny and in blaze of glory PLUGGED HER OUT. Bravo Johnny.
Yeah completely forget this part. And throughout CP77 story he is a “hero”.
And game even doesn’t give you option to “kill” him without killing V in the process.

let me ask you this: if you were living in night city, you new about soulkiller, mikoshi, and the person you cared about most of all was trapped in there, and you thought 2 tactical nukes could possibly end all of it, and you had the warheads handy would you use them?

no, it's futile. Arasaka will continue to exist, even outside of the US. Mikoshi will continue to exist. soulkiller will continue to exist. my love will stay dead. all I'd accomplish is killing hundreds of civilians who were just minding their own business. not to mention the sheer collateral damage that would make the city bleed money for years hurting even more innocent people.

You can call him out on that near the end, he admits he overreacted because he was scared and angry after being alone in Mikoshi for 50 years. I'm not trying to convince anyone here to like him, he's abrasive and full of faults, disliking him is completely understandable. I just don't think he's as black and white as people here make him out to be.

Actually it was Johnny who killed Alt, in the lore Alt got it all under control. She used soulkiller on herself BUT she always had way to get back. Then rides in Johnny and in blaze of glory PLUGGED HER OUT. Bravo Johnny.

I've read different accounts of what happened there. In one version of the story, Alt loses control of soulkiller when Johnny storms the building which kills her. In another an Arasaka scientist uses soulkiller on her just before Johnny arrives.

no, it's futile. Arasaka will continue to exist, even outside of the US. Mikoshi will continue to exist. soulkiller will continue to exist. my love will stay dead. all I'd accomplish is killing hundreds of civilians who were just minding their own business. not to mention the sheer collateral damage that would make the city bleed money for years hurting even more innocent people.

i didn't say it would help or actually do anything. i said what if you thought that you could stop it all with 2 thermonuclear explosions. that's what johnny was thinking, didn't say he wasn't a dumbass.

I've read different accounts of what happened there. In one version of the story, Alt loses control of soulkiller when Johnny storms the building which kills her. In another an Arasaka scientist uses soulkiller on her just before Johnny arrives.

Well the one i've written is from what Mike said in one of his interviews about Johnny and it seems consistent with the scene we get from the game.

i didn't say it would help or actually do anything. i said what if you thought that you could stop it all with 2 thermonuclear explosions. that's what johnny was thinking, didn't say he wasn't a dumbass.

I think it leaves the "dumbass" territory way behind and goes directly into the "deranged terrorist" camp.

the whole idea of bringing a nuke to avenge your fucktoy screams danganronpa-tier edge to me, but with a straight face. although I believe it's precisely why so many people like this universe, so to each their own I guess

You can call him out on that near the end, he admits he overreacted because he was scared and angry after being alone in Mikoshi for 50 years. I'm not trying to convince anyone here to like him, he's abrasive and full of faults, disliking him is completely understandable. I just don't think he's as black and white as people here make him out to be.
Ofc not, he is very well written character.
What’s a problem is the fact that game about “making choices” and “shaping your story” is forcing player to be “friends” with Johnny even if player doesn’t want and has every reason not to.

so i guess he has to blame arasaka as he can't handle the thought he "killed" alt and let her get imprisoned by disconnecting her... funny at the time i was watching that flashback i was thinking to myself "he really shouldn't have unplugged her all willy-nilly like that, didn't even bother to check her vitals".

I think it leaves the "dumbass" territory way behind and goes directly into the "deranged terrorist" camp.

the whole thing with bringing a nuke to avenge your fucktoy screams of danganronpa-tier edge but with a straight face. although I believe it's precisely why so many people like this universe, so to each their own I guess
Johnny's Problem is that Johnny can't to wrong if you understand me.

He thinks that everything he touches becomes golden.

V is the only person who tells him that he is full of shit.

At least in this regard he gets finally humbled in the ending where V gives him the body.

Rogue simply throws him out.

Yeah completely forget this part. And throughout CP77 story he is a “hero”.
And game even doesn’t give you option to “kill” him without killing V in the process.
Johnny is actually the decoration of this game. And he is not to blame for the wretchedness of the endings.
Personally, I liked this character, and his reunion and departure with Alt in Mikoshi seemed quite logical.
I don't think that for a normal ending something needs to be redone in this character.

so i guess he has to blame arasaka as he can't handle the thought he "killed" alt and let her get imprisoned by disconnecting her... funny at the time i was watching that flashback i was thinking to myself "he really shouldn't have unplugged her all willy-nilly like that, didn't even bother to check her vitals".

Yup and when Alt met Johnny during Voodoo Boys quest she literally acuses him of killing her. So another one to the fact that he pulgged her out, while she had way to get back.

Johnny is actually the decoration of this game. And he is not to blame for the wretchedness of the endings.
Personally, I liked this character, and his reunion and departure with Alt in Mikoshi seemed quite logical.
I don't think that for a normal ending something needs to be redone in this character.
Nope, he is the main star of the game.
It’s about fighting with Johnny against corporation, V is his/her desperation is dooming who? Johnny (don’t worry V is going to get punished for this transgression) or this is about Johnny redemption (or V but who cares). Or if Johnny will get a body he will live happily ever after, if V will keep it a/he will die in 6mo no matter what (in the guide they are using “still going to die in 6mo”)

Attachments

• 3AE626DF-58CF-4ECF-8261-C916E11FBD3D.jpeg
    3AE626DF-58CF-4ECF-8261-C916E11FBD3D.jpeg
    441.5 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Top Bottom