[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Better not. Because he'll tell you right as you're about to die to sign a contract with a corp. Just so you can serve them after death too. :D

Nah they don't have a big enough USB stick to fit my entire ego :D.

I can serve them after death as a door stopper though if that pays for rent.

Just for your information, apparently the Arasaka epilogue (signing the contract) takes place around a month after the final mission
VERY NICE.png

IThey will squeeze some trauma team or MaxTec in act 2 or act 3 with more Keanu babbling about his huge cock in the background and V coughing blood but running from point A to point B. Perhaps an extra scene with your love interest (since most of the players complain about it), so a date with Kerry or more jambalaya with River and that's it.
As much as I would love to stir more of River's jambalaya, I can not even bring myself to play the game and finish all the side quests I have left behind to try to cure V from Johnny the parasite, so more side quests with blood coughing V with 2 weeks to live is a big NO for me.

If they don't cure V, I would prefer a Jackie and V DLC at least I had tons of fun playing before the heist. :(

Anyway, have we all given up yet that the game gets an actual proper resolution for V?
No we are still here, aren't we... but the ball is with CDPR now, all we can do is hold the line.

We can only express our disappointment with the open and illogical ending.

Or we can change it, which is what I intend to do.
As of today I'm trying to understand how to edit voices (thanks to this) and texts.

If you have any idea on how you would like the game to end please share them.
Bear in mind that I can't edit scenes, as those are files for which I need a software that I do not have.

Last edited:
Back in the day, Far Cry 3 was praised for being entirely in first person. Because it adds to the immersion and connects the player. How the turntables I guess.

Personally, I am fine with either 1st or 3rd person. But in this case 1st person connected me to V like rarely any game can.

I could not shut up that parasite (Johnny) quickly enough. Every time he pops in I was like "Oh shut up! you're a damn broken record! Yeah yeah, corps bad. Bigger problems here!"

Anyway, have we all given up yet that the game gets an actual proper resolution for V?
For me there can't a proper resolution of V story without some heavy retconing of the ending as they are or choosing the canon ending. Going with anything else will make this story just more convoluted and bizarre.

Story was made to be self contained. Many people were/are afraid that any DLC will be mid-game one, since there are just too many things to address with post-MQ DLC. Game is build with this in mind, foreshadowing bitter end of V story was heavy in promotional materials (2077 in Style and the Launch trailer plus its hidden message).

The only option if any would be ME3 endings outcry but we know very well how this ends up.

So that's that - I'm waiting what CDPR has to offer, but I'm not holding my breath for V story to be continued.

Johnny's job is to be a narrator, giving you a cyberpunk perspective and helping with lore. It can't be Johnny's story because you can totally leave everything related to Johnny unresolved.

That's an interesting angle but it's not working really. He is not giving you any information you don't have. Moreover, he's giving you false information most o the time, and his insight isn't valuable since he was dead for the last 50 years. The theory would have more legs if he died 5 months ago. Then maybe. But Can you imagine that somebody who died in the 70s is serving you as a guide in the modern world? I know that in Cyberpunk the world didn't change that much (which I find strange) but technically V should be Johnny's guide, not the other way around.

Its all up to the player to decide, which is a lot harder if the game had to guess V's(the players) desires/perspective.

That wasn't my experience. V warms up to Johnny despite my efforts. V doesn't;t question the main plot even if I really try. I already came to the conclusion that I'm not. the target audience of this game (apparently) since I can't find this connection. Sad but probably true. It's surprising because I haven't struggled so much to actually "feel" any protagonist in any other game before. From first fallouts to dragon age, mass effect, even Assasins, I could find myself somehow connected to the character even if I disagreed with them on certain things. With V... nothing.

Also Keanu is the perfect actor to play Johnny - fight me :D.

To each their own :) I'm happy that somebody likes it and the whole effort is appreciated by many :) At least someone is happy with the casting :p

For me there can't a proper resolution of V story without some heavy retconing of the ending as they are or choosing the canon ending. Going with anything else will make this story just more convoluted and bizarre.
I mean technically every ending can end up in a) space b) behind the Blackwell. Like I mentioned before no one knows if Alt didn't create V's copy anyway so you can have as many as you want.

March..

What year?
2022 probably. They only announced the free DLCs that won't add much to the story (if anything). Judging how the patching up is going, I wouldn't hold my breath.

The problem with Johnny as a narrator is that he is an unreliable narrator. He is biased and his memory is incomplete/modified.
Honestly, the way you describe the RP elements of this game makes the Half Life games sound like great RPGs. V's/Freeman's desires, opinions and expressions are entirely up to the player, right?

Right, which is why Johnny gets to leave Night City in V's body, and Rogue can be Queen of the Afterlife with a son somewhere. But V can't leave Night City without PlotCancer. It's the wrong city for that.

I'm just going to mention Ghost in the Shell, Blade Runner, Bubblegum Crisis, Battle Angel Alita. The genre Cyberpunk does not mean "bleak". And the Cyberpunk 2020 world allows Rogue and Johnny to have "happy" endings.

point of Johnny as a narrator is not to give you definitive truth, but to give you a cyberpunk perspective/truth. As well give V someone to bounce off of.
As far as halflife, its not simply first person, but also the game is constantly putting you/v in situations and asking you what you want to do/feel. They aren't telling you V likes Pan am, they put you in the situations, and say, what do you think? They let you decide if Johnny's ideology is something V relates to, or thinks is nonsense, and act accordingly.

That wasn't my experience. V warms up to Johnny despite my efforts. V doesn't;t question the main plot even if I really try. I already came to the conclusion that I'm not. the target audience of this game (apparently) since I can't find this connection. Sad but probably true. It's surprising because I haven't struggled so much to actually "feel" any protagonist in any other game before. From first fallouts to dragon age, mass effect, even Assasins, I could find myself somehow connected to the character even if I disagreed with them on certain things. With V... nothing.

That's interesting, as my Corpo V never got along with Johnny, they were butting heads all the way to the end. This is actually the playthrough that made me like Johnny even more.

His disappointment in V at the end was heartbreaking.

Replace Johnny with Evelyn that haunts you as a ghost that you screwed up the heist so badly :p
I would need to swap Johnny's model with Evelyn's (and also remove the glitching effect from the shard).

Nothing too complicated, but I don't think there are enough lines of dialogue for the AI to create a credibile audio for Evelyn.

Back in the day, Far Cry 3 was praised for being entirely in first person. Because it adds to the immersion and connects the player. How the turntables I guess.

Personally, I am fine with either 1st or 3rd person. But in this case 1st person connected me to V like rarely any game can.

It was researched ages ago that the first person really works only in action. When it comes to any emotional impact it doesn't work that well simply because you are stripped from any facial expression and body language of your character and therefore you do not connect with them on an emotional level. CDPR didn't do it NOT because they are stupid and stubborn but because it would require way more work. With so many variations of faces, hair, and clothes it's a challenge to animate everything and avoid bugs. It was possible with Geralt but with V... Not to mention that I highly suspect that V's animations and models could drastically differ in quality compared to NPCs. It was simply too much work and they decided to ditch it just to release this game somehow. I think at some point they had to decide if they would give people some choices when it comes to V's look (face, hair, nose whatever) orTPP cutscenes. We all know what they had chosen.
Post automatically merged:

That's interesting, as my Corpo V never got along with Johnny, they were butting heads all the way to the end. This is actually the playthrough that made me like Johnny even more.
Butting heads and locking horns is different than a silence that I wanted to treat Johnny no matter what. I wanted to ignore him, especially with my corpo V. I couldn't :) I felt that my V is playing with this idea that Johnny could be her friend EVEN if I was very specific that's not the case.

I would need to swap Johnny's model with Evelyn's (and also remove the glitching effect from the shard).

Nothing too complicated, but I don't think there are enough lines of dialogue for the AI to create a credibile audio for Evelyn.

I mean her lines have to be written. That's for sure. And some quests would have to be drastically changed :)

Just for your information, apparently the Arasaka epilogue (signing the contract) takes place around a month after the final mission

That's why Arasaka gives you 5 months to live, but Alt gives you "6 or more".

To each their own :) I'm happy that somebody likes it and the whole effort is appreciated by many :) At least someone is happy with the casting :p

I like Johnny and Keanu too, many friends of mine also love him, so that's not an uncommon thing. I want to remove the relic because it's killing me, not because of Johnny, but I can understand that some people don't want Johnny at all.

Butting heads and locking horns is different than a silence that I wanted to treat Johnny no matter what. I wanted to ignore him, especially with my corpo V. I couldn't :) I felt that my V is playing with this idea that Johnny could be her friend EVEN if I was very specific that's not the case.

No, I mean exactly that.

The first major interactions with Johnny were ''See you never, asshole (takes blue pill)'', after that literally silence is an option for the dialogue as well.

They weren't clashing , my V was literally shouting at Johnny ''WHAT DO YOU WANT?! FUCK OFF!!''.

I believe there's a certain dialogue chain to follow, if you at any point were nice to Johnny, V starts toying with the idea as well (happened in my first playthrough, V was desperate to make Johnny go away until the hotel room where she said she would take a bullet for him and after that it gradually got better between them).

That's an interesting angle but it's not working really. He is not giving you any information you don't have. Moreover, he's giving you false information most o the time, and his insight isn't valuable since he was dead for the last 50 years. The theory would have more legs if he died 5 months ago. Then maybe. But Can you imagine that somebody who died in the 70s is serving you as a guide in the modern world? I know that in Cyberpunk the world didn't change that much (which I find strange) but technically V should be Johnny's guide, not the other way around.

Johnny gives you a lot of info about the world and feel of the cyberpunk world. He is a bit of a man out of time, but this represents the cyberpunk2020 world transitioning to the 2077, as well as the ideaologies. He basically is supposed to put the punk in cyberpunk, since the society doesn't have that sensibility. The narrator job is not always to be reliable. Also Johnny isn't just for V, its for the player. It gives them tools to explore the players thoughts/ideas/values that only makes sense if V is talking to a guy in his/her head.

And V doesn't really have to warm to Johnny if you don't do what he asks, I mean hes not always going to be yelling at him, but thats not sustainable with someone you are trapped with. My first playthrough, I only saw him as a threat, and thats pretty much how it went until the end. Wasn't until I played it not fighting him that I saw any other side of Johnny.

V doesn't question what main plot. the Johnny angle?

I believe there's a certain dialogue chain to follow, if you at any point were nice to Johnny, V starts toying with the idea as well (happened in my first playthrough, V was desperate to make Johnny go away until the hotel room where she said she would take a bullet for him and after that, it gradually got better between them).
I said that I won't take any bullets for him since H=he's already dead and I don't care. But it still changed.
I did Johnny's questlines though with the bandmates so maybe that's the issue. hat means (possibly) that the only way to ignore him is to cut some content for yourself. Not ideal. It almost felt like fighting against the game itself since Cyberpunk really WANTS me to be Johnny's comrade and at least understand his point of view. The fact that my V wants to evict his sorry ass from her mind really clashes with the pillars of the main story. I was even joking that this game forced me into a marriage that I didn't want and I have to deal with some drunk dude no matter what only because we share space.

Top Bottom