[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Hehe kinda feels like were all going trough the 5 stages of grief. Perhaps this was the endings intentions.. To make 2020 even more depressing. Im upto Anger atm.

But I mean if I decide to go with the Arasaka surgery and skip Alt's solution completely, do i still get to ride off with Panam and her family into the sunset? I know that Kerry will just ditch my ass if I do that in the other endings so that is a whole different beef i have with love interests...
Nope, you become Arasakas property or just die alone. Fun yeh?

Exactly, and that bitter taste will always be there when I see my V from my very first playthrough. I know it might be stupid, but he is a very well written character and I just feel too attached to him.

I also realised that since I've finished the last mission, I've not touched the game but browse this forum. I am kinda starting to realise that I use this space as a way to interact wit the "game" still without experiencing that dissapointing feeling after booting up my last save.

Totally agreed... My first V was a FemV Netrunnet Corpo and that will forever be the "real" V to me... My second playthrough is a MaleV Nomad Engineer, and it feels like I'm trying to replace my original V with this rando dude...

Nope, you become Arasakas property or just die alone. Fun yeh?
Bullshit... I'm going back to Earth, and if I've befriended Panam and her clan then why can't I have the same promise? Ough.. feels like i'm being punished for not trusting Alt's and Jhonny's methods...

Hehe kinda feels like were all going trough the 5 stages of grief. Perhaps this was the endings intentions.. To make 2020 even more depressing. Im upto Anger atm.
Most definitely. My posts if you go through the start to now, absolutely show this. I was in the anger stage yesterday, Johnny Silverhand talk was making me so annoyed!

Bullshit... I'm going back to Earth, and if I've befriended Panam and her clan then why can't I have the same promise? Ough.. feels like i'm being punished for not trusting Alt's and Jhonny's methods...
Nope, can't do that, you get black screen and poof, ded.

Yea my trust is pretty much gone now. Only CDPRs actions can rebuild it. Dont have high hopes for that tho. They will fix the bugs and call it good and move on to dlc and multiplayer for the profits...

No, I personally was dissapointed in my ending even though I was so sure that my choice was the only "true" clean way to save him.
After the brain surgery, Hellman told me that I ended up with cancer essentially and that I have two options. Either I go back to earth and live another 6 month, or sign a contract that Arasaka uploads my enegma into Mikoshi and they will give me a new body once they find one. Ofc as a street kid who's whole mission was to survive without he soulkill, I decided to go back to Earth. Only to find out I am not given the chance to say proper goodbye to my loved ones and the scene simply fade out.
I also see now that in this ending, the surgery basically turns V into a vegetable with waking nightmares, because they so desperately want you to die miserably. I still think this is the "best" ending.

How many times do we have to say this... you die in the nomad one. That is not you, that is copy V... :facepalm:
Yeah V die's after 6 months, I god damn stupid part. But the copy or not part, is up to each person to individually decide based on their beliefs.

Yeah V die's after 6 months, I god damn stupid part. But the copy or not part, is up to each person to individually decide based on their beliefs.
As it stands now, that is copy V not the V you play. They literally tell you this..
Post automatically merged:

Dang, sorry. That was mostly supposed to read as a self-depreciating humor.
Yeah, but as you can see people still keep going on and on about nomad ending.

Actually, after seeing the endings I couldn't get, I think the best "good guy" ending is choosing a one man assault on Arasaka, as V, and dying before you get hit by Soulkiller.

In the end, I don't hate Johnny, just what his chip is doing to you, and I like that this ending is basically just him being a hype man for you as you fight the impossible.

Also it's worth mentioning, a lot of people here say the game treats V2 the same as V, but I don't think that's true: I don't have the exact quote, but in cyberspace at the end, you have a choice to ask if you're just a construct now -- and Johnny interrupts, saying something about "putting you into the gonk". There IS explicitly a moment where V1 and V2 are distinguished.

1608164918392.png

Actually, after seeing the endings I couldn't get, I think the best "good guy" ending is choosing a one man assault on Arasaka, as V, and dying before you get hit by Soulkiller.

In the end, I don't hate Johnny, just what his chip is doing to you, and I like that this ending is basically just him being a hype man for you as you fight the impossible.

Also it's worth mentioning, a lot of people here say the game treats V2 the same as V, but I don't think that's true: I don't have the exact quote, but in cyberspace at the end, you have a choice to ask if you're just a construct now -- and Johnny interrupts, saying something about "putting you into the gonk". There IS explicitly a moment where V1 and V2 are distinguished.
I just don't like that, for one it's a secret ending, if I remember correctly. And it's more for Johnny than for V. At least you don't get soulkilled though. If it's the one I am thinking of it relies on a certain friendship level with Johnny.

Top Bottom