[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
yeah. my parents got covid at the end of October, mom was hospitalized, dad spent 2 weeks coughing his lungs out in the next room. can't say I was panicking at that moment but I'm pretty sure I'm traumatized and still haven't quite processed it.

hoped for some escapism with Cynerpunk, but yeah.

we all hoped for that to step out of the already frustrating reality

I don't get it, why they didn't postpone the release date "Considering this years event we have to postpone the release date".
I don't think anyone would be mad about it, except some special snowflakes that send death threats,
Post automatically merged:

"Ah, you thought you can escape 2020 in virtual reality, think AGAIN!"
Sadly, I think this was probably in the works since before Covid struck. If what somebody said was true, and they changed the description to "action-adventure" last year. This means they were probably already removing RPG mechanics back then. But yes, if they would have just pushed the release date back, initially (last year). We might have gotten a much better RPG experience. It's too bad, when you think about it.

I don't get it, why they didn't postpone the release date "Considering this years event we have to postpone the release date".
I don't think anyone would be mad about it, except some special snowflakes that send death threats,
Post automatically merged:

"Ah, you thought you can escape 2020 in virtual reality, think AGAIN!"
We know why. Shareholders and Christmas sales.

We know why. Shareholders and Christmas sales.
Again, I think this game was doomed as an RPG as early as last year. Another delay wouldn't have fixed these issues. At best it would have alleviated issues players on last gen consoles are having, maybe some bugs here and there.

I just finished the prologue for my second playthrough and I'm goddamn mad atm, so I'm sorry if I come out too harsh, but in spite of all the crap everyone's been saying that the story was made for V to die, that we should all accept this shitty endings because that's life and we should never expect good endings, we get this piece of dialogue:

hope.png

Now you fucking look me in the eye and tell me we cannot have a happy ending. Misty says it all - "Don't let anyone tell you otherwise", and so I'm doing so. I have hope, and I want my happy ending. Sorry for the rant.

Anyways, time for sad sleep, but keep goin guys, we can achieve something.

don't listen to the naysayers, choom, and rest well. nothing stays the same and everything is always changing, so there is always a chance. or at least some hope which is a certified theological virtue if you're into that sort of thing.

I just finished the prologue for my second playthrough and I'm goddamn mad atm, so I'm sorry if I come out too harsh, but in spite of all the crap everyone's been saying that the story was made for V to die, that we should all accept this shitty endings because that's life and we should never expect good endings, we get this piece of dialogue:

View attachment 11091587

Now you fucking look me in the eye and tell me we cannot have a happy ending. Misty says it all - "Don't let anyone tell you otherwise", and so I'm doing so. I have hope, and I want my happy ending. Sorry for the rant.
Maybe in two years when all the DLC is out! As long as you're alive, there's hope. And don't let anyone tell you otherwise. (y)

don't listen to the naysayers, choom, and rest well. nothing stays the same and everything is always changing, so there is always a chance. or at least some hope which is a certified theological virtue if you're into that kind of thing.

but somehow that is also the games narrative. They always give you a glimps of hope and at the end they rip it away from you as hard as they can. Still we keep hoping for the better.

I still don't think an online mode will ever be good in this game. I wonder what they will do when that second wave of disappointment, and disgruntled players hits? :shrug:
I don't think that online mode itself will ever happen. After a release like that...
It was a DISASTER. And still is.
Online? Not worth it.
There's literally nothing to do in this Night City. Shoot each other brainlessly in unbalanced pvp-mode?
Another "dead on arrival" battle-royal that nobody cares about, and will forget about in a week max? Or some coop missions, like in GTA5-online? Yaaaay...... that sounds so fun........

I don't think that online mode itself will ever happen. After a release like that...
It was a DISASTER. And still is.
Online? Not worth it.
There's literally nothing to do in this Night City. Shoot each other brainlessly in unbalanced pvp-mode?
Another "dead on arrival" battle-royal that nobody cares about, and will forget about in a week max? Or some coop missions, like in GTA5-online? Yaaaay...... that sounds so fun........
I personally really hope that they will forget about any plans for a multiplayer for now and first focus on building up this game into what they originally promised and hyped it up to.

Unfortunately, I see little to no chance for that with shareholders owning more than half of the company now and clearly not having full control over their own brand anymore.

But this is getting off topic for the thread. So let's talk about the endings and story instead.

Top Bottom