[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters

Guest 4412420

This reeks of cut content. Just like how inside Mikoshi there is no unique dialogue with Panam if you romance her, I think of all places it should be there. There a real chance you are never coming back and she just says 'be yourself'. I would have loved some emotional scene here. She still got way more love than the other LIs though, so I can't complain too much.
At this point I'm not even sure how much content was actually cut and how much of it is something the developers simply didn't have enough time to make and/or put into the game.

This reeks of cut content. Just like how inside Mikoshi there is no unique dialogue with Panam if you romance her, I think of all places it should be there. There a real chance you are never coming back and she just says 'be yourself'. I would have loved some emotional scene here. She still got way more love than the other LIs though, so I can't complain too much.

I don't think Panam actually understands the gravity of Mikoshi, Alt and Soulkiller which makes sense when you consider how little V has actually disclosed to her.

From her perspective she probably thinks V is just connecting to a server that has a cure or something.

edit: To me i'm more surprised at her reaction to Saul's death. I feel like she got over it quickly by the time V was about to jack into Mikoshi. Or maybe she just internalized it.

Last edited:
I think we can hardly fully imagine how Panam felt in that scene.

She thought about Saul and other gone veterans. Apparently she worried about V. But it is unlikely that Panam fully realized the true nature of Alt and Mikoshi. She knew that it was very important for V, but imo her simple words “Be yourself” mean nothing but her full trust to guy she loves with all her heart. She believed and knew he came back to her.

Thoughts and feelings were mixed in Panam’s head again, as she told V in that cliff scene before Arasaka assault. Any other girl would already be crying nonstop after everything happened. But not Panam.

Panam applied her old method which she used with V during their first meetings. She hid her feelings and impulses. Now everything she wanted at that moment in Mikoshi was to wait for V and quickly leave this damned city with him as far as possible.

And "be yourself" is as deep as a teenage movie...

On the other hand, they introduced different scenes for the inside of Mikoshi and those are bugged, with triggers working the opposite way (there's even a thread about that now). So maybe it's better to keep it simple :)

I don't think Panam actually understands the gravity of Mikoshi, Alt and Soulkiller which makes sense when you consider how little V has actually disclosed to her.

From her perspective she probably thinks V is just connecting to a server that has a cure or something.

edit: To me i'm more surprised at her reaction to Saul's death. I feel like she got over it quickly by the time V was about to jack into Mikoshi. Or maybe she just internalized it.

As far as Mikoshi, yeah you are right, but I feel like there should have been something, even if it's just an 'I might not come back' and she's like' you better be fucking kidding'

Saul thing would have been some more good dialogue here too, that's a good point.

Inability to talk about the voices in your head to your LI/friends is pretty high at the top of my personal list of pet-peeves ;)

Yeah, I didn't think much of it, just chalked it up to the adrenaline, and we don't really get to see what happens after you "come back", so the breakdown might happen once the adrenaline wears off.
Wait...actually, I never considered this, if you come back as Johnny, well, Panam's still there, waiting, so errr...?

Inability to talk about the voices in your head to your LI/friends is pretty high at the top of my personal list of pet-peeves ;)

For sure. I loved when you opened up to Panam about Johnny for that little bit, I wish there was more though. I would have loved to see like Judy's reaction to something like that.

Wait...actually, I never considered this, if you come back as Johnny, well, Panam's still there, waiting, so errr...?

Yeah that is quite the plot hole. What happens when between when you leave Mikoshi and wake up in that apartment in Pacifica in the Temperence ending? It makes sense if you go with Rogue to just wake up, at least.

At least Panam knows Johnny has your body in the credits, but I think only if you romanced her, you get the tapeworm message. Johnny must have hopped out and told her what happened, idk. Its a shame he didn't do that for anyone else. He clearly really appreciated V's sacrifice from the scene at the Columbarium. They should have added phone calls to people, or even driving to meet them in NC in that ending, that would have made it way better than getting some kid a guitar.

For sure. I loved when you opened up to Panam about Johnny for that little bit, I wish there was more though. I would have loved to see like Judy's reaction to something like that.

Yeah that is quite the plot hole. What happens when between when you leave Mikoshi and wake up in that apartment in Pacifica in the Temperence ending? It makes sense if you go with Rogue to just wake up, at least.

At least Panam knows Johnny has your body in the credits, but I think only if you romanced her, you get the tapeworm message. Johnny must have hopped out and told her what happened, idk. Its a shame he didn't do that for anyone else. He clearly really appreciated V's sacrifice from the scene at the Columbarium. They should have added phone calls to people, or even driving to meet them in NC in that ending, that would have made it way better than getting some kid a guitar.

V can tell Judy as well, in pyramid song I think, or somewhere, it didnt faze her that much, I think she could hear him.

Johnny is an internal guy, he avoids showing his inner feelings/thoughts, and avoids other's doing it. Generally saying something tactless or changing the subject to avoid. You don't want him telling your peops what happened.

"V quit and offed themselves to be software, Johnny lives here now, see ya. Don't call".

is how I imagine it would go.

V can tell Judy as well, in pyramid song I think, or somewhere, it didnt faze her that much, I think she could hear him.

Johnny is an internal guy, he avoids showing his inner feelings/thoughts, and avoids other's doing it. Generally saying something tactless or changing the subject to avoid. You don't want him telling your peops what happened.

"V quit and offed themselves to be software, Johnny lives here now, see ya. Don't call".

Maybe when you first met Johnny he was like that - but at the end I am not so sure. Especially after that convo in the oilfields about how all Johnny wanted was to be remembered. I feel like he should have contacted people - those temperance voicemails are brutal, the only thing worse is the suicide ones.

Maybe when you first met Johnny he was like that - but at the end I am not so sure. Especially after that convo in the oilfields about how all Johnny wanted was to be remembered. I feel like he should have contacted people - those temperance voicemails are brutal, the only thing worse is the suicide ones.

I'm not saying he would do it because he doesn't care, like he might in the past, I think he'd do it because he does care, and would rather be the ahole badguy or ghost than absorb their pain. He really can't help them, and he doesn't have the experience/training/natural ability to effectively comfort them, even if he did try.

The type of thing you are expecting doesn't come naturally to a lot of people. Why do you think many people avoid funerals, or say something wooden.

And Johnny is even worse at that stuff than your average guy. See how he interacts with rogue on a date when he is trying very hard to express his feelings, and failing.

Neh, brutal will be Panam once she gets Johnny :D That's my girl!

Yes, she can "feel" him. Johnny makes a snarky remark about the almost-drowning and she sort of "feels" his reaction.
I wouldn't say it didn't faze her, more that V sort of brushes it off as "it's complicated". It's moments like these where the illusion breaks and it feels V is more of a predefined protagonist than they let on, which is really unfortunate.

Not knowing is infinitely worse though, but yeah, can see Johnny might not have been thrilled to message anyone.
Then again, if I were V I'd have made him promise to at least tell my LI, so yeah...

Yes, she can "feel" him. Johnny makes a snarky remark about the almost-drowning and she sort of "feels" his reaction.
I wouldn't say it didn't faze her, more that V sort of brushes it off as "it's complicated". It's moments like these where the illusion breaks and it feels V is more of a predefined protagonist than they let on, which is really unfortunate.

Not knowing is infinitely worse though, but yeah, can see Johnny might not have been thrilled to message anyone.
Then again, if I were V I'd have made him promise to at least tell my LI, so yeah...

I just saw the panam romance voice message to Johnny, lol, I want to see her hunt him down now. I think I know why Johnny wouldn't leave a message, but you ghost, you get what you deserve.

Johnny did all he could to stop V, but after V's decision, there is not much he could do other than grab the second chance and make something of it. I can imagine that he is not thrilled to be in touch with V's friends who may think that he forced V to give up the body. Knowing his background they would never believe him. It is a sad ending for everybody, including Johnny, because he will always miss V and blame himself that he wasn't able to help.

Johnny did all he could to stop V, but after V's decision, there is not much he could do other than grab the second chance and make something of it. I can imagine that he is not thrilled to be in touch with V's friends who may think that he forced V to give up the body. Knowing his background they would never believe him. It is a sad ending for everybody, including Johnny, because he will always miss V and blame himself that he wasn't able to help.

I don't feel he does grab the 2nd chance though, so Panam might as well hunt him down and kill him.

Top Bottom