[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Panam doesn't need to hunt Johnny down. Johnny spawns right in front of her in Mikoshi.

Re: V's friends thinking Johnny forced V to give up the body, they barely know who Johnny is -- some old dead dude whose songs they're playing on the radio. They know even less about his personality.

Also, V keeps telling everyone that Johnny will take over if V doesn't find the cure. Mikoshi isn't a guaranteed cure. No one but V and Johnny know that in the end someone had to take the body and someone had to leave. So, V's friends are just likely to think that the cure didn't work, that's all.

Last edited:
I could see Panam hunting Johnny down. She's resourceful.
But killing? Nah.

And yeah I agree it's pretty wild that you can leave Mikoshi as Johnny right in front of Panam. Maybe Johnny passed out and the Aldecaldos had to carry him out or something.

:shrug: feels like a plot hole.
Yeah my latest kick is believing that the endings are all focused on conveying the theme or message they wanted for that ending at the expense of the actual plot. They didn't want to think about what other characters might've done, they just want Johnny to talk to the kid and get on the bus.

Guest 4519094

And yeah I agree it's pretty wild that you can leave Mikoshi as Johnny right in front of Panam. Maybe Johnny passed out and the Aldecaldos had to carry him out or something.

for a short time Alt has control over the entire arasaka HQ in night city and Panam not only gotta bottle her anxiousness about V's survival and sadness at Saul's death but also gotta organize the survivors to loot as much tech as possible,

aka alt probably gave her a map and opened doors then told her something like "i'll do what i can for V then place the body in an evacuating AV, the rest is up to them" or some cryptic message of the kind.

What happens at the Arasaka ending?

Hanako mentions at the beginning a war is going on.
And after defeating Smasher when you meet Yorinobu you can see on the monitors that the connection to Dubai, Paris and some other capitals is getting lost!

Whats going on? Was Yorinobu successful to destroy Arasaka or did he start a nuclear war with militech?

BTW when i think about the militech Strout meeting at the beginning, why no one used a lie detector on V?

So at the end, Arasaka is getting always destroyed except you stop Yorinobu with Hanako so the signal lost messages are Arasaka centrals that cut off from the night city HQ.

Last edited:
Apparently we don't have to go to space or to Arizona. Siberia is the way to go.
Unless it's a scam :D

What are these cut gigs? I've seen in some thread that there were bits and pieces of some cut content gigs in the game (?) and one guy is restoring them, is this what is meant?

Cause if I understood it correctly, then the guy might be giving a sneak peek into the future DLC, I guess :ROFLMAO:

I could see Panam hunting Johnny down. She's resourceful.
But killing? Nah.

:shrug: feels like a plot hole.

actually, unlike the others, she knows its Johnny. So she might have found out, but there is numerous plausible ways Johnny could have escaped unharmed. She's prone to exaggeration when she's angry, but who knows. When raffen stole her car she wiped out their whole nest. But the real Giest was she was gonna find a way to get V back in V's body, and probably treat Johnny poorly in the process.
Post automatically merged:

He can and in this case deserves to be hunted by Panam and everyone else :) But Panam wants to hunt him in both cases.

even in that case, the ending I saw had V telling him to take the body if he says he's going to go digital. So maybe he turns around and gives engram V what he wants.

The reality though is that people outside will never know what happened in mikoshi, even if Johnny told em, they might not believe. So most of them follow their character's own beliefs.

Last edited:
huh, so given we will have to wait another month or so fr the next update and probably our next chnance to get ANY information on new content possibly related to the endings...I'm sad. But until then we can try to get this thread to 15k pages :giveup:

I think its gonna be a long while before they even talk about new content again. The next patch is still bugs/fixes. they said dlc is planned for second half year now, so basically not even on the table until June. And early dlc, initially planned to drop like a month after release was likely to be not heavily content related.

Also, due to marketing fails, they are unlikely to promote/talk about content early. Sooooo gonna be awhile before we hear anything of substance I think.

heres hoping I'm wrong though, I do think that they lose more than they gain with radio silence, even considering the hype backlash.

From my perspective - I'm satisfied with endings. No good one? So, life... But I'm not pretty convinced if there isn't 'good' one, sad, not happy - but still with some hope ahead! E.G. going with Aldecados outside NC, some hope sounds in the air, new opportunities, even to 'heal' V... That's my opinion. Summarizing - sad, very sad, nostalgic - but maybe 'good' some way?

Guest 4412420

Usually whether you get a good/happy ending depends on the player making a decision while being presented with a certain amount of information so you'd know or can at least guess what you'll be getting. In Cyberpunk you just... luck out.

The Star being seen as good and hopeful ending 99.9% is seen as such solely because of Panam and Judy. Is it people interpreting it that way or did they make the "good" ending available only to them and everyone else just have to accept it cause "life's unfair"? It would be like locking a good ending out of a party based RPG because you didn't bring the right companion with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i'd hope they might start talking relatively soon in general terms about future content if the next patch goes well.
At the end of the day leaving your new game sitting for months on end with no communication about plans is bad imo.
Personally i despise the grimdark endings, so i hope that plan involves post game expansions which kill the plot cancer and give me some incentive to re-start playing the game.

Usually whether you get a good/happy ending depends on the player making a decision while being presented with a certain amount of information so you'd know or can at least guess what you'll be getting. In Cyberpunk you just... luck out.

The Star being seen as good and hopeful ending 99.9% is seen as such solely because of Panam and Judy. Is it people interpreting it as such or did they make the "good" ending available only to them and everyone else just have to accept it cause "life's unfair"? It would be like locking a good ending out of a party based RPG because you didn't bring the right companion with you.

star is seen as a good ending because a lot of people believe escape with your lover is the right answer. Its also the ending that is most complete, in terms of character arcs. Sun ending, V is still reaching for something more. Devil Ending spends most of its time recovering illness and deciding to live or die.

The downside to this is, if they continue the story, Star would probably be the least compelling. Star V has less character growth to have, they know what they want, they mostly have achieved it. Sun V still hasn't completely found purpose/signifigance, if Johnny got them there, they weren't even in control of what happened to them. And devil V is far from reaching the pinnacle of a self serving characters goals, or one who believes in security, loyalty, success (two possible motivations for taking this path imo)

So, star isn't fulfilling for me, turning my back on the problems and the friends of night city is a betrayal. Being in a relationship with someone who doesn't get that about my V is unfulfilling. This makes sun the best path for me, because there is an option to say the mission will benefit the props of night city, and the possibility of an LI, or friends who get it.

Essentially it all depends on whether they will continue, and expand these plotlines or not, if they don't, then yes they imply a nomad life with your LI is the right answer to Vs life purpose. If they do continue, sun or devils story may be just as, if not more compelling than star.

star is seen as a good ending because a lot of people believe escape with your lover is the right answer. Its also the ending that is most complete, in terms of character arcs. Sun ending, V is still reaching for something more. Devil Ending spends most of its time recovering illness and deciding to live or die.

Essentially it all depends on whether they will continue, and expand these plotlines or not, if they don't, then yes they imply a nomad life with your LI is the right answer to Vs life purpose. If they do continue, sun or devils story may be just as, if not more compelling than star.
As long as you're playing the"correct" gender and sexuality, of course

This may sound like a dead horse being kicked...buuuuttt...again, not liking it is not a plot hole. In every ending, there is a fade to black and then a new scene sometime later. Almost like a - wait for it - dramatic finale followed by an epilogue. No, we don't know exactly how V got out of 'Saka tower. Are we really sure that there is no reasonable way, hence the alleged "plot hole", that Johnny-in-V could have gotten away with it despite Panam being there? Not one? Nothing to do with possible deception while having V's body and voice, or expediency in the middle of a violent raid as Aldecados are getting smoked somewhere else, or just being passed out and carried away by the Aldecados before they even know what has happened? Not one? Because I'm pretty sure about thirty seconds of thinking could give you a few believable and reasonable ways that could have happened.

Instead, anger, "Plot Hole", smug declaration that the story doesn't make sense. Got it, you like happy. Not happy != plot hole.

What are these cut gigs? I've seen in some thread that there were bits and pieces of some cut content gigs in the game (?) and one guy is restoring them, is this what is meant?

Cause if I understood it correctly, then the guy might be giving a sneak peek into the future DLC, I guess :ROFLMAO:

As far as I know, those gigs are in the game but don't really work properly so you need a debug console or some mod to trigger them. Some of them might come back as free DLC or something.

The Star being seen as good and hopeful ending 99.9% is seen as such solely because of Panam and Judy. Is it people interpreting it that way or did they make the "good" ending available only to them and everyone else just have to accept it cause "life's unfair"? It would be like locking a good ending out of a party based RPG because you didn't bring the right companion with you.
Problem with Star ending is that, grey next to black will be considered whiter than is.
Tone of the 2 other endings is not only far darker but V is mostly acting out of character and their's stories make not much sense.
In Devil you proved to be most valueble assets for 'Saka and you are being "wasted". Sure can happen, Saburo is evil and treat people like tools but he also cares for those tools if they are useful.
In Sun, that should be at least on par with Star (tho with fact that in Dont Fear the Reaper no one dies, should be even true ending) V sounds like s/he just wants to die and is trying to just shunt aside his/hers friends and LI.

All or this force people to the Star ending, since that ending can at least make some in-game/story wise sense, plus ofc Panam and Judy (not rest for River and Kerry, which is a bummer).

Top Bottom