[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Another way of fixing things up, pretty easy, without many changes in some endings.
1. Arasaka space station. You fought for Arasaka, sided with the devil, if you had low death % on tarot card, they do the surgery. Then you continue to do those tests but you keep getting better and finally Takemura says that you are healing up and free to return to the city, bam, fixed. If you had high % of death tarot card, they do the surgery and then say you are going to die or go to Mikoshi. Here you go, wanna do some more sidequests of characters that not gonna matter when you get healed (Rogue, Johnnys), if you do them, you will be out of time, here, a choice. People who want to continue, can go back in the city doing gigs and possible some side missions.

2.Aldecado ending. Could be quite similar, depending on % of Samurai card and Death card could be these options:
You give body to Johnny because you are out of time and you Will die in 6 months. Or you dont give the body, and then you go away with Aldecados with 6 months to live.
You made it in time, Johnny is sent into the net with Alt and you get fixed with Soulkiller. The catch is, there should be not much mentioned about what soulkiller does, let it be ambiguous as hell also remove the 6 month timer. Then you leave the city with your love interest but game could ask you, do you want to return to the NC. This ending would be the gray one, where you would have to question, is it a real V or a copy of V. Here, Done, only few dialogue changes.

3. The attack on Arasaka tower with Rogue. Could also be depended on tarrot cards. Would be similar to Aldecado ending honestly though. But aproach would be much different I guess. Except you don't leave the city. And there is no question if it is V or clone of V. Or it could stay as it is, didn't put much into this cuz doesn't seem like one of the more interesting ones. Become a legend, oh yeah, sounds rly interesting.
Post automatically merged:

Ok, then why can't i have a The Witcher 3 ending where Geralt chooses to romance Zoltan? You can have Triss and Yen, what about my Zoltan? Because it makes no sense lore-wise, that's why.
Because Witcher 3 is based on the books :shrug: And you play as Geralt in 3rd person, means you are mostly leading him in his adventure rather than living it.
And CB2077 is a made up story by writers.

Last edited:
The story of V essentially is that of a "cancer patient" spending their last days trying to find a cure, only for them to find said cure but die at the end anyway. Had this patient known the outcome they would have spent their last days differently, unfortunately even that is not possible here since the missions are predetermined. That is obviously not a good story to tell in an RPG and one that I have interest in going through again. Thanks CDPR for making me feel good for a couple days while I was playing the game then ruining that feeling at the end.
Yeah, I don't know what I'm supposed to get out of this. That NC chews people up and spits them out? Ok, I guess, but I think that was obvious and the selling point has always been being a merc in dystopian NC. After finishing the game with side quests remaining, am I supposed to want to go back to do them?

The ending makes enjoying the game feel hypocritical and dissonant with what the plot wants you to think. In the end, it's a very confused game.

Ok, then why can't i have a The Witcher 3 ending where Geralt chooses to romance Zoltan? You can have Triss and Yen, what about my Zoltan? Because it makes no sense lore-wise, that's why.

well I mean it probably would with enough alcohol, but the endings would stay the same. no matter whom you do in your spare time (or who does you), the endings are primarily about Ciri, Geralt and the North's fate. and in that regard, we have everything, from sappy witcher-Ciri to the grim Geralt-gets-eaten-alive-probably one.

Well if you feel that way, i guess there is not much to say. I very doubt cdpr gonna do something, there is not outrage over story, what me3 did was clearly on diffrent level judging by fans response
Exactly. I feel depressed because the way they sent off my character. It's my emotional reaction to it. It's a fact. nothing can change that no matter how you try to rationalise the story choices. My character didn't learn anything in the end, his struggle resulted in nothing.

It's okay for you to doubt, but we here are hoping. There will be outrage when the majority of players finally finish the game and see beyond the game bugs.

well I mean it probably would with enough alcohol, but the endings would stay the same. no matter whom you do in your spare time (or who does you), the endings are primarily about Ciri, Geralt and the North's fate. and in that regard, we have everything, from sappy witcher-Ciri to the grim Geralt-gets-eaten-alive-probably one.
Why are you even responding? It's obvious there isn't true dialogue happening anymore. For that matter, there never was. Don't bother. People seem to just want to be antagonistic. At least some of the early ones had understandable, explained responses.

Why are you even responding? It's obvious there isn't true dialogue happening anymore. For that matter, there never was. Don't bother. People seem to just want to be antagonistic. At least some of the early one's had understandable, explained responses.
Hey as long as it keeps the thread alive :p

yes, because someone went to great length to make tarot a part of the narrative. the cards, the places where they appear, Misty's readings in different endings.

no one would do that much for shits and giggles, not in a AAA game.
Maaaan i totally agree with you

As it was stated before, they had the technology to extract Saburo's consciousness from the cyberspace and implant it on a body with a similar phenotype... If they can send V's consciousness to the cyberspace as well, and cloning is trivial in 2077, how come they don't do that, rather leaving V to die?? Please note that Saburo's consciousness was extracted to the cyberspace after he died, while V is still alive - for all it matters it should be easier to do so...

plot. hole.
Will i have another Quote?)

Well if you feel that way, i guess there is not much to say. I very doubt cdpr gonna do something, there is not outrage over story, what me3 did was clearly on diffrent level judging by fans response
I mean that's a bit of an iffy one. When I got to the forum, there were a handful of threads and most of the outrage was last gen, yet now there are many regarding endings and romances, some of them like this are huge. And that same feeling is starting to pop up in other social media settings too. I suspect as more people finish the game, the response will grow

All the seven ends are really dark and sad. Like really. we need a happy ending.
the ending where Johnny and Rouge riding off is kinda sweet. they got their happy ending. Also the ending where youre with Panaam is nice V is accepting his death and just living happily with her.

I mean that's a bit of an iffy one. When I got to the forum, there were a handful of threads and most of the outrage was last gen, yet now there are many regarding endings and romances, some of them like this are huge. And that same feeling is starting to pop up in other social media settings too. I suspect as more people finish the game, the response will grow
Highly doubt it, with me3 internet literally exploded immediatelly, forums were full of rage, YouTube full of rage. One week of CP went and its pretty much silent

the ending where Johnny and Rouge riding off is kinda sweet. they got their happy ending. Also the ending where youre with Panaam is nice V is accepting his death and just living happily with her.
Okay, but we don't play as Johnny, our character dies.
And Panam one as it was said before, conveluded as heck.

Agree. Thats why i say, that Johnny ending is best one, it feels more fitting for him to finish the story then V

Another way of fixing things up, pretty easy, without many changes in some endings.
1. Arasaka space station. You fought for Arasaka, sided with the devil, if you had low death % on tarot card, they do the surgery. Then you continue to do those tests but you keep getting better and finally Takemura says that you are healing up and free to return to the city, bam, fixed. If you had high % of death tarot card, they do the surgery and then say you are going to die or go to Mikoshi. Here you go, wanna do some more sidequests of characters that not gonna matter when you get healed (Rogue, Johnnys), if you do them, you will be out of time, here, a choice. People who want to continue, can go back in the city doing gigs and possible some side missions.

2.Aldecado ending. Could be quite similar, depending on % of Samurai card and Death card could be these options:
You give body to Johnny because you are out of time and you Will die in 6 months. Or you dont give the body, and then you go away with Aldecados with 6 months to live.
You made it in time, Johnny is sent into the net with Alt and you get fixed with Soulkiller. The catch is, there should be not much mentioned about what soulkiller does, let it be ambiguous as hell also remove the 6 month timer. Then you leave the city with your love interest but game could ask you, do you want to return to the NC. This ending would be the gray one, where you would have to question, is it a real V or a copy of V. Here, Done, only few dialogue changes.

3. The attack on Arasaka tower with Rogue. Could also be depended on tarrot cards. Would be similar to Aldecado ending honestly though. But aproach would be much different I guess. Except you don't leave the city. And there is no question if it is V or clone of V. Or it could stay as it is, didn't put much into this cuz doesn't seem like one of the more interesting ones. Become a legend, oh yeah, sounds rly interesting.

Because Witcher 3 is based on the books :shrug: And you play as Geralt in 3rd person, means you are mostly leading him in his adventure rather than living it.
And CB2077 is a made up story by writers.
As I said earlier, any ending that would have V return to night city without Johnny being part of their head, would require modifying the side missions to not involve Johnny, which they either didn't have time to do, or didn't wanna bother doing.

As I said earlier, any ending that would have V return to night city without Johnny being part of their head, would require modifying the side missions which they either didn't have time to do or didn't wanna bother doing.
No need to modify them at all, just few simple changes in the dialogue at the end, depending on your choices in current sidequest and tarot card %.

I've got to give credit where credit is due... I've been listening to the soundtrack in the last couple of days and it brings back the feelings of the moment perfectly. That only happens when a scene is powerful enough, which is something to strive for.

I didn't feel mad for getting a bad ending, that's part of the game and I messed up. The same happened in my first Witcher 3 playthrough.
No problem, time to fix things and give my V the good ending just like I gave Ciri. Except there's no ending for V as of now.
Most of them give room for redemption in the next entry, but do we really need such cliffhanger when the next game is years off at best?

In Witcher 3 you get a good ending for Ciri if you let her grow as a person. The message is clear: be there for her, but let her solve her own problems and grow confident.
In Cyberpunk 2077 the message is unclear for me as there's not one single preferable ending. You make a bunch of choices and pay a high price either way. Hard to conclude anything else than "life sucks".

Top Bottom