[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
I firmly believe once a person is truly suicidal, they will never be the same, it will never leave them. like you can get your mental health straight and get as functional as possible, you can even forget about depression, but some seal, some failsafe inside you is already broken and thoughts are free to go there at any opportunity. this is why it's essential to be mindful and attentive to yourself and have safety measures ready.

This is correct. There are two stages of my life. Life before depression, which I have almost no memory of now, and depression. Thats it.

This is correct. There are two stages of my life. Life before depression, which I have almost no memory of now, and depression. Thats it.
Amen. Difficult to remember the last time I didn't have to 'do something' to get through the day or week. And gaming is often that 'something'.
Post automatically merged:

Off topic, but just for one post.

I feel this is where CP2077 multiplayer would serve well: All meet up online for a soul-soothing, music driven cruise around NC at night:)

I think it is to understand why people like me hope for happy endings that we want, because we never know how our life in real turns out. I think most of us doubt it´ll be good, thats why we put our hopes in rpgs, where we create an alternate of us in which we gain hope for us, when that character is succesful and gets her/his love.

I think it is to understand why people like me hope for happy endings that we want, because we never know how our life in real turns out. I think most of us doubt it´ll be good, thats why we put our hopes in rpgs, where we create an alternate of us in which we gain hope for us, when that character is succesful and gets her/his love.
I understand what u say, i feel like this as well, but at the same time, they chose a darker story, which is still appreciate cause i think it's good.

I understand what u say, i feel like this as well, but at the same time, they chose a darker story, which is still appreciate cause i think it's good.
your opinion. my health aside, i think it´s not. My condition is not the main motive for me to wanting another ending or positive turn out for current ones like space. I think it would round it up nicer and not so damn negative. Society is cold enough in real, we don´t need games to be like reality, that would erase the sense of doing them, except if you talk about simulation games.

You can put my name on that too. The elements of life that are shit, that I can't control or change, or that I can't anticipate. These can be balanced by
I don't think its the nature of the story, as much the lack of impact our input has.

You know the worst thing about this is it makes replays so much more bitter. I just started up my second play through and I just feel depressed. Before I thought there had to be some kind of hope at the end of the tunnel, but now it’s just a slow march towards death. It just zaps all of the joy out of everything.

And this is why I only played through ME3 one time and one time only.

CDPR was very adamant to release a game with a story with next to no hope in it in a year with little to no hope in general. I know it isn't CDPR's fault entirely that this year hasn't been great and I felt the same way while playing Last of Us Part 2. I hope the DLC and Expansions can fix that.

CDPR was very adamant to release a game with a story with next to no hope in it in a year with little to no hope in general. I know it isn't CDPR's fault entirely that this year hasn't been great and I felt the same way while playing Last of Us Part 2. I hope the DLC and Expansions can fix that.
Yes. Because wanting everything to turn out well, is not a bad thing to wish for.

Amen. Difficult to remember the last time I didn't have to 'do something' to get through the day or week. And gaming is often that 'something'.

Off topic, but just for one post.

I feel this is where CP2077 multiplayer would serve well: All meet up online for a soul-soothing, music driven cruise around NC at night:)

I'm sorry but really?

I can already see it...

All of us bonding over some quality cyberpunk multiplayer and then someone crashes because driving sucks the other person ends up in the wrong place because the minimap also sucks and the third one glitches through the map.

But I do wish all of you the best and no matter how hard it gets do keep pushing because you are worth it.

I firmly believe once a person is truly suicidal, they will never be the same, it will never leave them. like you can get your mental health straight and get as functional as possible, you can even forget about depression, but some seal, some failsafe inside you is already broken and thoughts are free to go there at any opportunity. this is why it's essential to be mindful and attentive to yourself and have safety measures ready.

much love to you and other beautiful people in this thread. I know it doesn't always mean anything, not when you are in a spiral, but you are not alone and you can reach out, people are always willing to help. please take care and know that you deserve to be happy.
Mhm, haven't been truly suicidal in a while. But sometimes, when life gets tough, I still have those intrusive thoughts.

I feel like we are peering at a story that has only just begun. The open-ended nature of some of the endings (with them all being similar) implies canonicity with a path forward. It's a merging point like the lifepath prologue, you are put on the path to the Heist and at the end you are on the path to an ultimate cure.

Without putting too much thought in to this I think there should maybe be 3 endings per love interest and 3 endings if you don't have a love interest.

Good ending - Panam (Super happy ride off in to the sunset, all your friends lived through the raid)
Mediocre ending - Panam (People died, you get to be with Panam, but she's unhappy about losing all her frtiends)
Bad ending - Panam (Panam dies, the clan dies, it's all your fault cause you're an ass, you go back to town)

Good ending - Judy (Super happy head back to Night City and get a cool new super high tech "Hacker apartment" for you and Judy, all your friends live)
Mediocre ending - Judy (People died, you don't get a cool new place to live but you get to stay with Judy)
Bad ending - Judy (Everyone dies, Judy's really hurt by everything that happened, stay together but she's really torn up, no cool apartment)

Good ending - No romance (You're the legend of Night City, everyone lives, your personal apartment gets upgraded, you get a new gun/vehicle)
Mediocre ending - No romance (People died, people are sad but happy everythings over. No new sweet apartment. Maybe some guns though)
Bad ending - No romance (Everyone on the raid dies, nobody is happy, people look down on you as a scumbag)

etc...

And whether or not you get a good, mediocre or bad ending, they should all allow you to go back to Night City to live the rest of your life as a hero, a normie or as someone people don't like. Once back in Night City, certain NPC's would say nice/bland/bad things about you when you're around them. Maybe some new quests based on the outcome you got??

And maybe the ending where you become part of Mikoshi is the only ending where you don't go back..

I feel like we are peering at a story that has only just begun. The open-ended nature of some of the endings (with them all being similar) implies canonicity with a path forward. It's a merging point like the lifepath prologue, you are put on the path to the Heist and at the end you are on the path to an ultimate cure.
hope so. It would be too sad considering the believability and realism they build the relationships alone. They´re not worth to be ditched in that matter.

It goes to show that CDPR can still knock it out of the park when it comes to emotional investment, I just wish half the game wasn't missing.
Indeed people are passionate here because the game pulls all kind of strings and we want to be rewarded for investing our emotions into it.
We can only hope. That is why we would like a statement about plans for story DLCs or of they gonna address this topic in future updates.

Lol what, I didnt say that. This forum also has bugs it seems.
Ah probably I cleaned up the post wrong since it was a multi quote post. My bad :p

Without putting too much thought in to this I think there should maybe be 3 endings per love interest and 3 endings if you don't have a love interest.

Good ending - Panam (Super happy ride off in to the sunset, all your friends lived through the raid)
Mediocre ending - Panam (People died, you get to be with Panam, but she's unhappy about losing all her frtiends)
Bad ending - Panam (Panam dies, the clan dies, it's all your fault cause you're an ass, you go back to town)

Good ending - Judy (Super happy head back to Night City and get a cool new super high tech "Hacker apartment" for you and Judy, all your friends live)
Mediocre ending - Judy (People died, you don't get a cool new place to live but you get to stay with Judy)
Bad ending - Judy (Everyone dies, Judy's really hurt by everything that happened, stay together but she's really torn up, no cool apartment)

Good ending - No romance (You're the legend of Night City, everyone lives, your personal apartment gets upgraded, you get a new gun/vehicle)
Mediocre ending - No romance (People died, people are sad but happy everythings over. No new sweet apartment. Maybe some guns though)
Bad ending - No romance (Everyone on the raid dies, nobody is happy, people look down on you as a scumbag)

etc...

And whether or not you get a good, mediocre or bad ending, they should all allow you to go back to Night City to live the rest of your life as a hero, a normie or as someone people don't like. Once back in Night City, certain NPC's would say nice/bland/bad things about you when you're around them. Maybe some new quests based on the outcome you got??

And maybe the ending where you become part of Mikoshi is the only ending where you don't go back..
In a way this is sort of a thing, atleast for Judy there is. One plot hole that is left open if you Romance Judy though is how is returning to Night City going to help your relationship with her if you decide to leave? She hates it there and I sort of don't blame her. :shrug:

In a way this is sort of a thing, atleast for Judy there is. One plot hole that is left open if you Romance Judy though is how is returning to Night City going to help your relationship with her if you decide to leave? She hates it there and I sort of don't blame her. :shrug:
yeah but for those who want River or Kerry, they need to stay in NC.

Admittedly I haven't played as a Female yet to unlock the Judy romance and I did recall her voicemail when I beat it as a Male that she was unhappy and wanted to leave as I was typing this up so I knew that she didn't love the city but maybe that's because she didn't find the love of her life yet ;)

Perhaps V is her reason for staying in Night City. V fills that void in her heart and re-energizes her. I dunno, I just really like NC and want some reasons why I can stick around.

Again, these are just off-the-top of my head ideas.

Top Bottom