[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
I also think that cuts out any hope that there is a cure to live longer than those 6 months in the current endings. This entire game is a huge Depression as it is.

Why you think they cant continue story of V, johny (kianu) was just a promotion, they told us about story of silverhand, now its time for a new story, the story of V, I think dlc will be about V his life after main game, or side quests where we can end game without main quest

So how do they do that if you chose to put a bullet in your head? Or stuck your self behind the black wall as a AI as Jonny does who knows what with your body.

As I stated they would need to make certain endings canon and ignore the others or rewrite the endings. Much like they did in Mass Effect 2 if you got everyone killed in the final mission. In mass effect 3 they ignored that ending. Said it wasn't canon.

You cant continue the V arc and honor all the endings. It's not possible

I don´t know what a studio must think to deliver games that just get you in a world of darkness, with little things to gain, but you´re even denied those. They punishing you for playing, because they take everything that you worked so hard for away and say hey it´s replayable to try something else, only to go through the same shit again.

Wiki is not smth that you should trust, as i said you can rewrite it right now, its Developer inaccuracy

To me it is accurate. At least that part. It was explained how soulkiller works when asked about origin of the name. Soulkiller, kills the "soul" hence the name.

Not suggest. It deletes the original. To anyone still clinging to hope that nomad ending is happy one and it is still V, let's go and see what the soulkiller does. Taken from cyberpunk wiki :

Any more questions?
But wasnt it like Einstien and the nuclear bomb?.... The 1st person who made the technology, that ended up being taking over by the military to create a weapon/soulkiller, make it to save human life and create immortality?
Post automatically merged:

To me it is accurate. At least that part. It was explained how soulkiller works when asked about origin of the name. Soulkiller, kills the "soul" hence the name.
The military made soul killer right? araska made soulkiller 3.0? but the orginal maker ... made something that helped people.... created immortality by uploading peoples concious....

Looking at this discussion about Soulkiller and the whole thing with V or copied V reminded me of Soma.

And how interesting a story can be in regards to what it means to be alive/human, is it your memories is it your soul etc.

But it's only interesting because those writers chose to tell that story exclusively, in a linear game and not in a RPG.

And it made me think. How many choices do you actually have in this games (RPG by the way) main story, hell even in side quests that carry any weight.

Voodoo boys - alive or dead (irrelevant)

Takemura - alive or dead (slight change, ok)

The whole game is linear and then you are funneled into a branching choice for the endings that are totally divorced from the rest of the game.

Honesty tell me are there any big changes or superficial ones and how many.

Peralez (side quest) still looses his mind because of the conspiracy

River still leaves the force

etc.

Why not give an option to try and fuck over Dex by making a deal With Evelyn. It would still lead to nothing because the whole Arasaka job is a bust but at least an illusion of a choice.

I understand that you cant just go around branching with the whole story, there would never be an end to it. You have to have a base but looking at it now the whole game lacks choices.

But wasnt it like Einstien and the nuclear bomb?.... The 1st person who made the technology, that ended up being taking over by the military to create a weapon/soulkiller, make it to save human life and create immortality?
Did you mean Oppenheimer ? Einstein created theory of relativity i don't know anything about nuclear bomb. And I think arasaka created soulkiller, and it is still upgrading etc. As for their goals i doubt they were admirable, they were Corp so propably Saburo wanted to rule for eternity.

So in thinking of better endings, we first need to be sure that Alt finds a way to fully cure us.(no Soulkiller)

Then we could have the ending with space, except that you don´t go there and that you can live with your love in the city.(River or Kerry)

Then we have that nomad ending, where if romanced Panam, you go and live with her in the badlands, always moving and only go back to the city for jobs.

And as for if you if you romanced Judy, the nomad ending could be rewritten, that Panam rather wants to be with Mitch and you get Judy.

no 6 months life span in the endings and regular interaction with your loved ones in an open post game. So it´s just those 2 endings really they need to rewrite. Because in that operation ending their might really be risk that you live on certain time span. and the other endings are terminal anyway.

So they don´t need to change a whole lot and could come up with it in maybe a couple of months time.
Then we have 2 clear happy endings, 1 in between, and rest bad ones.

Last edited:
So how do they do that if you chose to put a bullet in your head? Or stuck your self behind the black wall as a AI as Jonny does who knows what with your body.

As I stated they would need to make certain endings canon and ignore the others or rewrite the endings. Much like they did in Mass Effect 2 if you got everyone killed in the final mission. In mass effect 3 they ignored that ending. Said it wasn't canon.

Mankind Divided did the same thing with Human Revolution's endings, and, the game being butchered aside, it turned out pretty well, in my opinion. especially if we trust the theories about Adam in MD being a clone and whatnot.

the difference is, Human Revolution, even in the light of the sequel, still works as a fully realized philosophical exploration of certain themes. throughout the game, you are presented with opposing views from Sarif, Taggart, Darrow, and other npcs and storylines. and in the end, it's not quite Adam choosing "the right thing to do", but you the player choosing the point of view that you agree with the most - including saying "to hell with this" and blowing up Panchaea. Mankind Divided then just erases this rift between the player and Adam to tell a much simpler story based on the outcome most suited for a continuation. you can completely ignore it and still have a complete picture of what's happened in HR.

it won't work with Cyberpunk, though, because its endings don't engage a player in a dialogue and don't offer any meaningful conclusion to its themes. where in HR you come away from the game feeling like you've completed your personal journey, here you just step away from a somewhat underwhelming Thomas the Tank Engine ride.

It might be a bit harsh, so feel free to wade in, but if you chose to run through the ending of a bullet to the brain or trapped as AI, then you chose a terminal ending.

There is potential resurrection in the Blackwall AI route, but both have very little viable comeback. The tragedy of the other endings is we are back to where we were, looking for a cure, but without everything else grasping at your attention too like Johnny destroying arasaka, or Alt destroying mikoshi or VDB breaching the Blackwall. Its same problem V had before but a new start.

Did you mean Oppenheimer ? Einstein created theory of relativity i don't know anything about nuclear bomb. And I think arasaka created soulkiller, and it is still upgrading etc. As for their goals i doubt they were admirable, they were Corp so propably Saburo wanted to rule for eternity.
True but Oppenheimer made the Atomic bomb thanks to Einstein's famous equation E=mc2 explaining the energy released in atoms but of course Einstein didn't build one.

Last edited:
I don´t know what a studio must think to deliver games that just get you in a world of darkness, with little things to gain, but you´re even denied those. They punishing you for playing, because they take everything that you worked so hard for away and say hey it´s replayable to try something else, only to go through the same shit again.
There is no point in trying to save V if you know that V can't be saved

notes the percentages on the tarot cards mean zilch [I'm positively sure someone mentioned that already, but bear with me... there are over 100 pages for me to remember]
I think you missed my whole post. (and yes I did say before the % of the tarot cards mean zilch, it was me)
I will quote myself so you can read it.
Is very clear they can easily add some happy endings without much effort and giving that meaning too-->
I think they can make an ending where if you don't follow Johny's quest and never take those pills to fuck up your body and dna you should get the ending of being able to live in your body since it won't reject you, instead it will reject Johny (the construct).
That will give meaning to that tarot card %.
The main thing is you lost a lot by not playing Johny quest so they should make an ending where we get to live in our own body and still being able to be friends with Johny and being able to play those quests too.
If it was up to me to write an ending I will choose for Johny to sacrifice himself (completely removing the construct from our body before is too late) if you are friends with him, and if you are his enemy you never do his quest and remove him with Alt help since you will never take the pills and the dna won't be altered.
Just those 2 endings will make everyone happy, though some people like Johny and don't want him dead ( that is a problem for CDPR because Keanu is not cheap and it cost a lot of money to have him in the game, also it will add much more work for any dlc since they will have to take into account such endings... the easiest will be just those 2 endings to keep V alive, it will actually be just 1 endings with 2 different outcomes of how the ending plays... pretty much like the endings we have now but with a happy ending for V).

And as for if you if you romanced Judy, the nomad ending could be rewritten, that Panam dies instead of Saul(i know its harsh) but then Judy takes her place and you ride off with her and only return to NC for jobs.
There is no need to kill Panam to get Judy come with you in that ending, she already goes with you in that ending if you romance her , buddy.

Last edited:
Looking at this discussion about Soulkiller and the whole thing with V or copied V reminded me of Soma.

And how interesting a story can be in regards to what it means to be alive/human, is it your memories is it your soul etc.

But it's only interesting because those writers chose to tell that story exclusively, in a linear game and not in a RPG.

And it made me think. How many choices do you actually have in this games (RPG by the way) main story, hell even in side quests that carry any weight.

Voodoo boys - alive or dead (irrelevant)

Takemura - alive or dead (slight change, ok)

The whole game is linear and then you are funneled into a branching choice for the endings that are totally divorced from the rest of the game.

Honesty tell me are there any big changes or superficial ones and how many.

Peralez (side quest) still looses his mind because of the conspiracy

River still leaves the force

etc.

Why not give an option to try and fuck over Dex by making a deal With Evelyn. It would still lead to nothing because the whole Arasaka job is a bust but at least an illusion of a choice.

I understand that you cant just go around branching with the whole story, there would never be an end to it. You have to have a base but looking at it now the whole game lacks choices.
Man i writed about soma before, i cant agree wuth opinion that it is ctrl+v but if it is, it works like in soma

So in thinking of better endings, we first ne to be sure that Alt finds a way to fully cure us.

Then we could have the ending with space, except that you don´t go there and that you can live with your love in the city.(River or Kerry)

Then we have that nomad ending, where if romanced Panam, you go and live with her in the badlands, always moving and only go back to the city for jobs.

And as for if you if you romanced Judy, the nomad ending could be rewritten, that Panam dies instead of Saul(i know its harsh) but then Judy takes her place and you ride off with her.

no 6 months life span in the endings and regular interaction with your loved ones in an open post game.
How dare you kill Panam! Murderer!

In a completely neutral sense though, Panam, like Judy but maybe more so, is a major part of the game. And whether CDPR intended it or not, she is a diamond of a character creation. Both as a romance option and a friend. I suspect that would then swing equal criticism just as they fixed one issue.

The way the game plays, the four romance options, whether you romance them or stay friends, are set forward from the rest of the characters. They grow with V for a reason. The game just completely forgets that in the final moments and expects you to accept an ending where to all intents and purposes, they may as well not have been there.

So in thinking of better endings, we first need to be sure that Alt finds a way to fully cure us.(no Soulkiller)

And as for if you if you romanced Judy, the nomad ending could be rewritten, that Panam dies instead of Saul(i know its harsh) but then Judy takes her place and you ride off with her and only return to NC for jobs.

no 6 months life span in the endings and regular interaction with your loved ones in an open post game. So it´s just those 2 endings really they need to rewrite. Because in that operation ending their might really be risk that you live on certain time span. and the other endings are terminal anyway.

In a completely neutral sense though, Panam, like Judy but maybe more so, is a major part of the game. And whether CDPR intended it or not, she is a diamond of a character creation. Both as a romance option and a friend. I suspect that would then swing equal criticism just as they fixed one issue.

The way the game plays, the four romance options, whether you romance them or stay friends, are set forward from the rest of the characters. They grow with V for a reason. The game just completely forgets that in the final moments and expects you to accept an ending where to all intents and purposes, they may as well not have been there.
I think all of the 4 romance characters are brilliant. they are all feel real and believable.
Post automatically merged:

And as for if you if you romanced Judy, the nomad ending could be rewritten, that Panam rather wants to be with Mitch and you get Judy.

So they don´t need to change a whole lot and could come up with it in maybe a couple of months time.
Then we have 2 clear happy endings, 1 in between, and rest bad ones.
Better like this I believe

Imagine, we can kill DeShawn before he shoots V or even just refuse his mission then it changes the entire story, but I guess we'll have to stick with what was imposed to us, until some bright future brings us something good.

Top Bottom