[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Eh, Witcher 3 conclusively ended but we still saw a post-game arc with returning characters. As far as we know the devs are aware players want to see returning characters in a continued story, and that the game will have the same if not more post-release content.

I bet one of the free-LC will be turning the mirrors into a sculpting tool where you can change V's apperance.

Don't get me wrong, I would love something that provided an alternate ending, something that really grappled with what Soulkiller is, let V actually express not wanting to use it, even if just to tell me I'm wrong about it, but I have no expectations. The DLCs will either be random side adventures that ignore that V is dying, or they take the FC5 route and do something like 4 hours of gameplay like the Johnny flashbacks where you just play as someone else and call it a day.

Eh, Witcher 3 conclusively ended but we still saw a post-game arc with returning characters. As far as we know the devs are aware players want to see returning characters in a continued story, and that the game will have the same if not more post-release content.

I bet one of the free-LC will be turning the mirrors into a sculpting tool where you can change V's apperance.
The post game arc was depening on your ending tho. in this game most endings will be hard to continue without huge retconning of the story..

With endings we got now, that's really slim chance.

We can keep the endings we got.
Make it so that with the DLC comes a new ending for V's story, not continuing the ones currently available.

Add a new area of explorable terrain, inside or outside of Night City.
Add a new faction or hidden group, which you'll be able to call when the final missions approach.

I only played one life path story line and yes, the ending was a total downer and killed my enthusiasm to go back and put another 87 hours into the game. I was growing tried of the Silver Hand character by the end and have lived far too long to identify with an anti corporation terrorist rocker boy archetype. CDPR clearly put a lot of work into the game art, mechanics and features, too bad about the ending. The obituary type goodbye messages at the end made the ending that much more of a let down.

The post game arc was depening on your ending tho. in this game most endings will be hard to continue without huge retconning of the story..

Which parts would they need to retcon? Not all endings deserve a conclusion - just the ones where you are left with 6 months to live.

Which parts would they need to retcon? Not all endings deserve a conclusion - just the ones where you are left with 6 months to live.
Yea true, guessing the ppl who chose another ending are fucked. kinda just cements the fact that these ednings are crap imho tho

If a GM ran a game for me where every conclusion they offered was me being yeeted i'd flip the table.
I absolutely adored my experience right until the end, but the only DLC I'd consider buying would be a continuation of V's story. My urge to explore Night City died with V.

Just cause the setting is Cyberpunk does not mean that everything must end in a grimdark suicide run. It's still a game and RPGs should offer meaningful choices and outcomes.
Hey, I agree with that completely, but endings we got so far puts really low amount of ideas on what DLC might be.

If it's gonna be some Johnnys story, I'm going to kill someone.
1608327015491.png

They might make expansion story dlc's, atleast i hope so.

At this point it no longer matters, cause any of the endings that might tie into expansions already feature the V engram, cause original V was killed by Alt. And the original V from the Arasaka ending is a semi-disabled person who can barely solve a 4 sided Rubik's cube, I doubt they can still go on a mission.

I just went back to the Blackwall scene - that's exactly the point where the game's wheels fall completely off. Alt states that V will be turned into an engram and at this point our only option to progress the story is to go with: "Ok, so we got a plan."

How is killing me and turning me into an engram a fucking plan?

That's the point at which the story can no longer be salvaged and a better ending becomes impossible and where an expansion needs to branch off.

Also i wondering how are they gonna introduce new content, i doubt it dlc gonna fix it, there is so much stuff needed

If a GM ran a game for me where every conclusion they offered was me being yeeted i'd flip the table.

I was gonna reference this. Some people are saying that the endings are justified because "it's a dystopia" it's supposed to be a dark story. My counter to that is the CP77 isn't just a story being told at us, it's a game, and one based on a pnp rpg to boot, where player agency is key. CDPR broke the cardinal rules of that gm/player relationship.

CDPR is a killer dm that railroaded the game to tell their own story and insert their own character to dominate the game.

Top Bottom