[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
We already know what the priority is going into Jan/Feb, this was made abundantly clear in the all hands investors meeting. They need to get this game back in the PS store, and iron out the performance issues and bugs on all systems. I anticipate a minor delay in rolling out the DLC content (assuming there's even a company left after that vicious Bloomberg article).
Tbh i dident expect more then some fixes. The Bloomberg article dident sound that bad to me, mostly blaming the management like he (Jason) has done since like 2016. Feels like its in CDPRs hands now what happens. Some word on what there planning would be nice but i get that they cant really say anything atm. Guess ill just have to find something else to do untill thers some news.

Also one point, the writers said they want the multiplayer to go with the story lore. Now in multiplayer we will die a lot and respawn, so idk how this will connect to the story.

the only way i see them adding post story dlc is having one canon ending, rogue dies, and we do the crystal palace from the blue eyed guy. This is because i think it’ll be too early for us to leave for arizona, we still and romance options stay in NC.

But who knows, if they introduce a new character im done with the game. Because you know, this is a “dystopia” so essentially whats the point, we’ll just die again.
Post automatically merged:

Last post il make for now, how are people outside of the forums feeling of the endings? I see all the talk about glitches and refunds but barely about this, are people really ok with it.

i hope we get a blood&wine type dlc cause i dont see any other option

Also one point, the writers said they want the multiplayer to go with the story lore. Now in multiplayer we will die a lot and respawn, so idk how this will connect to the story.

the only way i see them adding post story dlc is having one canon ending, rogue dies, and we do the crystal palace from the blue eyed guy. This is because i think it’ll be too early for us to leave for arizona, we still and romance options stay in NC.

But who knows, if they introduce a new character im done with the game. Because you know, this is a “dystopia” so essentially whats the point, we’ll just die again.
Post automatically merged:

Last post il make for now, how are people outside of the forums feeling of the endings? I see all the talk about glitches and refunds but barely about this, are people really ok with it.

i hope we get a blood&wine type dlc cause i dont see any other option
For multiplayer I'd think they might go the route GTA does and some other games like FFXV, you make a new character, which makes sense to me. Of course we will die and respawn, just how it works and is to be, basically, ignored when it comes to story.

Made a new account so i can also share the same frustrations... great story/missions except for the ending, im so pissed. All the relationships, and “choices” we make seem absolutely pointless.
What makes this worse, is that this game does not need a main story. The story added nothing of value, it was just your typical "big corporation bad" story. Instead of it, just let us be mercs doing merc stuff, let us discover the weird thing that is Night City. The Judy Questline was, in my opinion, really really good. The Sinnerman (I believe it is called that) quest was interesting. Just give us more of that. I have no clue about developing games, but I also think it would have made making actual choices much easier. They would have been mostly short term, and if you fail a sidequest because of your choice? Too bad, but not that important. You can't do that with this main story, because failing it, just means dying sooner.

From what i have seen, the rest really don't care about the endings. To them they are fine and a happy one is nomad ending. 6 months is fine bocause you live with everyone and you can find cure coz Panam said so.....

It's not my opinion. If you have read my previous post i clearly stated that nomad is the worst one and i consider arasaka ending as "best" not that i like it.

From what i have seen, the rest really don't care about the endings. To them they are fine and a happy one is nomad ending. 6 months is fine bocause you live with everyone and you can find cure coz Panam said so.....

It's not my opinion. If you have read my previous post i clearly stated that nomad is the worst one and i consider arasaka ending as "best" not that i like it.

i havent read ur previous post but only reason why I like nomad ending because V still has hope... every other ending its fuck it.

Thats what differentiates us with Alt who is dead set on we will die. If you’re human and you lost hope than whats left to offer? Kind of like Interstellar docking scene, the robot says we cant do it but Cooper still does it. Whatever im sad i got invested to this game. Pointless

Still is ruined by 6 month timer. :shrug:
I don't like the 6 month timer either but that isn't what I'm talking about.
I knew timers would somehow ruin this game. I called it..... months ago. almost a year ago. :oops:
"timers are the most fun-ruining fun-destroying, enjoyment-flattening, stressful AND boring part of any video game I have ever played. Timers are never exciting for me, and they never make me feel cool or fast or smart. Timers just make me suffer :("

and even then it is only a "happy end" if you romanced Judy or Panam. Like I said, all great chracters, but I´m not into them. I and some others here want our happy endings with River(my case) or Kerry

I get what you’re saying but essentially Panam is the only guarantee who will be in that ending since she was needed in the main story, even if she isnt a romance option, and u can choose not To romance Judy. The only way this can work with expansion is u get cured and can travel back to NC. In that way u have access to all romance options.

I get what you’re saying but essentially Panam is the only guarantee who will be in that ending since she was needed in the main story, even if she isnt a romance option, and u can choose not To romance Judy. The only way this can work with expansion is u get cured and can travel back to NC. In that way u have access to all romance options.
What if the player doesn't like any of those characters? :shrug:

What if the player doesn't like any of those characters? :shrug:
Which characters? I only said panam is needed for the main mission. Can you not do the aldacross route if shes not ur romance option? so if u do that dlc, get a cure, can go back to NC for kerry, rivers etc

Anyways idk, i dont see a post-endgame dlc with these endings anyways just coping lol

Really pushes to that point where V has to give body to Johhny or die. Feels like it just pushes that DLC's gonna be focused on Johnny in V's body as continuation.

absolutely no way they do this. It literally makes every other char such as panam, judy, river pointless af since johnny leaves night city anyway. And it wont even feel like ur playing its johnny the dipshit

Well, I went back and chose a different path for the final arc. Went with Panam through to the end and it was quite a bit better than Hanako Arasaka path. I connected with the Nomads and Panam's character. Plus Johnny wasn't such a prick at the end.

How are the side quests ? i was thinking about doing a new playthrough that focuses entirely on side quests and practically ignores the main quest, as i have no intention of replaying that emotional rollercoaster at its current state :cry:

So, I didn't know where to post this and I am approaching 70 hours in the game. And I'm sure this is beating a dead horse now but, I got the game for the player urgency and reactivity that was promised. Though, I kind of saw the writing in-between the lines when they introduced Keanu heavily in advertising -- after that, it was nothing but promotions: Which I started ignoring what the other things advertised for the game and started waiting patiently. So, I came into this with my exceptions tempered and hoping for a decent cyberpunk rpg. I would have been a lot happier if they promoted it as a generic cyberpunk fps story with some romance as the padding four years ago. I would have likely been on the fence about buying it, but ultimately would have brought it.

I really don't see the point in a second playthrough, aside from experiencing romancing Panam. Another build? There is no point in a true stealth or non-lethal playthrough since it doesn't effect the main story. Unless, if it's an Agent Saboteur or Thievery gig. It's not like specific decisions I make can effect whether or not I can save someone. I would have done so much to make sure T-Bug, Eveyln or Jackie didn't die -- at the cost of V. Which would alter an ending -- there isn't much like that. (I was hoping to get a secret postcard from T-Bug honestly)

It needed more options like: Do I trust NetWatch or the VooDoo Boys? Or even a simple, what happens if I trust this random person? Will I get betrayed? If the game forces me to accept this -- it's a gimmick but if I have a choice in the matter and I get betrayed. I'm upset in-game at the betrayal but otherwise, I'm content and fine. It's not like having 20 Intelligence will allow you to double-cross both NetWatch and Placide -- thus allowing for a different quest branch for that altogether.

A happy ending for my V personally, would have been being allowed to live without a ticking timer until death -- or being copied. And if she has to betray or double cross some of the friends made along the way. Than so be it. So, if I worked my ass off to save some characters and achieving that ending required some sacrifices. Then so be it. Apart of what makes a good tragedy in my opinion is catharsis, and the author telling me the story mattered. And it's a bit troubling to me, personally, that the greatest catharsis comes from the suicide ending.

A little off-topic but...

It's weird. I keep chasing something that feels like it's making what I do in-game have meaning. That's finding out about MaxTac Lieutenant Melissa Rory, this sleuthing-- when you finish a cyberpsycho job, you get to talk with her and oddly enough the MaxTac squadron are allied (green circles) for you. That's it. Then Zane Jagger sends V a message telling me a little about Rory's backstory. I'm expecting a call or something from her later a few hours, but nothing of the sort. Then I'm further aghast when during the mission The Hunt, I read an email also talking about this character. I'm chasing a carrot but it turns out the carrot is plastic.

I feel like I've had several days to really think on the ending. And while I can appreciate that some people love darker and edgier content -- logically, it's an absolutely dumpster fire of a business idea for CD Projekt Red.

There are ways to tell an emotional, heartbreaking, and absolutely rememberable story with depth, care, and an understanding one of the audience. This train-wreck we got was not such a story. Had it been a movie or a TV show that had the goal of getting me to experience it once -- and never again -- I would have easily rolled with it.

The part that bothers me the most, is that I wasn't really looking for a story. I was looking for a reputable gaming company to fill the void left in my hobby. That passion for gaming that inspired me as a child. The fun experiences that I grew up shaped by what were once great companies like Maxis, Westwood, Bioware, and Blizzard.

I'll be honest and admit that I didn't play The Witcher, the genre wasn't my thing, but I had always heard that CD Projekt Red was a quality company. So when the stars aligned. Blizzard tanked, and this (new company to me) was making an open-world game with future DLC and growing a franchise -- I was all ready to jump in full-throttle. Especially since Cyberpunk is my favorite genre of all, and it simply doesn't get a lot of love in the MMO/open world market.

I'm not mad that sad and dark stories exist. I do feel it's important for art and culture to experience deeper emotions. But that kind of edge doesn't build franchises for a growing player-base. I have no idea what CD Projekt Red was thinking. And that incredibly arrogant thinking and disregard for their player-base is the very reason why I've given up on so many other gaming companies. I thought they were different. And since this isn't my first rodeo with a rotting company, it hurts even more to have had faith and watched it die along V in this incredibly poor ending.

====================================

This missed a golden opportunity to have Jackie bear the relic, and for us to experience all of those deeper emotions watching our best friend in the game experience all the ups and downs as we watched helplessly trying to save him.

And if they wanted to give the players a real choice... they should have made Johnny a likeable character, and then forced the player to choose between saving Jackie or a likable Johnny. Because that's the kind of shit that I'd lose sleep over. Trying to decide which of my friends has to survive. And which one has to float away into nothing. There's a reason why 'Flowers for Algernon" is such an iconic book, because it pulls the reader into the kind of story where they have to realize just how fleeting life can be, and just how important it is to treasure the moments that matter.

I could have seen myself replaying a game like that a few times really struggling to decide if I wanted to save Jackie or a (better written) Johnny. Play it at least twice to save each one. Or even a third if there was a merger ending.

What I'm getting at is that it's absolutely possible to make a very dark, edgy, and emotional story without having to invalidate the player. The consumer of media. You can have a dark story without pissing people off. And you should absolutely strive to make a story that doesn't tank the value of your company.

----

I guess the silver-lining of all of this is just how corruptible companies can be. That Cyberpunk servers as a terrible reminder of how not to make a game. That it can sit as an example for others on how to avoid social suicide.

Thank you everyone who has expressed their feelings on this topic. It really helped me through my grieving process to have experienced CD-Projeck Red for less than a week, watched my hopes die with the company in a few days, and I guess get over it. I'm onto other games now, and unless they pull something like Final Fantasy 14 2.0, and really try to redeem themselves--I will never gamble with them, nor recommend them. They're nothing more than another dead company next to EA and Blizzard.

For those who still play, I truly hope you guys and gals get the ending you deserve. The ending V deserved.

Heard pieces of this on a news story while I was doing a mission, but it sounds like Johnny's kill count is 5000 with the initial blast, then more due to radiation sickness (I didn't catch the full number - due to everything going on).

But yeah, this dude deserves that second chance in V's body ending. :facepalm:

Well, I finished the game yesterday and it was devastating.
So I am doing what I did to cope with Mass Effect 3. A drink and writing on the forums. Reddit is too busy circlenerking between "buggy mess hurrdurr" and Panam's butt.

The "Hold the Line community" from ME3 helped me immensely to cope with the ending and we got an extended cut out of it, so here we go.

I love this game. I was very close to refunding after reading initial reviews and forum posts, but I was glad that I didn't.
I experienced a lot of bugs, nothing gamebreaking, some were annoying, but I never even thought one second about refunding the game again.

Like in every first playthrough of an RPG it took a while to find my footing which meant I wasted a lot of skill points, made poor decisions and so on.
That is why I decided to say "fuck it" and rushed to the end with the intention to start a second playthrough right after.
I got nearly every sidequest completed but didn't try at all to 100% the game.
I unfortunately got the ending I ended up choosing spoilered to some extent and expected to ride into the sunset with my Nomad family and girlfriend Panam.
It was dubbed the "Happy Ending".

Too bad I got Mass Effected at that point. This game supposedly has 7 (!) Endings and V dies in every.single.one. In some he dies instantly, in others (like the Nomad one) he has weeks left to live.

I felt like I got punched. It is so sad, because the ending was fantastically done, the videos playing alongside the credits gave me goosebumps.

Every Skillpoint, every decision, every relationship I built overall didn't matter, because freaking NC-Legend V will die to Keeanu-Cancer anyways. God, CDPR probably ruined him for me and I adore him in real life.

Maybe I am too much of a softie, but I play games like these to forget about real life problems and hardships not to play through them again.
If I want to see despair and sad people who can't change their fate, no matter how hard they try, I would just go to work where I deal with the victims of Covid.
Is it too much to ask for a true Happy Ending that makes me feel like my time was well spent? Esp. this year?
I mean it is not like we didn't suffer hardships. My V lost Jackie, Takemura, Bob, Teddy and he had to witness Saul get goombastomped by Smasher.
I was so happy that the other Aldecaldos survived and almost forgot about the six months, until Panam reminded V again..

The only thing that keeps me from being the trainwreck I was after Mass Effect 3, is my headcannon grasping at straws, that V found a cure outside of Night City and finally lived the good life he deserves with his partner.
At least CDPR left me that loophole. However I am just barely hanging in there like a Mortal Kombat character waiting for the Fatality, waiting for CPDR to confirm V is dead, no way out and know way to turn things around through DLC/fixes.

If there are any DLC's which I probably doubt, because of the fallout the game caused and they are prequel or Johnny related, I might lose my shit.
Fvck Johnny, he is a stupid parasite.

I would pay good money to a modder who could just cut every line about the "6 months left" from the nomad ending (it would still make sense, you wouldn't miss anything) or create something better, like MEHEM did for Mass Effect.

I started my day eager to finish the game and embark on the journey anew, hell my wife will hate me for playing through the night, but now I am probably holding back on a second playthrough for a while.

There are only 2 good things I can see in the endings:

1. Bioware hopefully takes notes with ME4 or the fans will launch them into orbit once and for all.

2. I have new motivation to finish writing my book, just because I want to write a Happy Ending so badly now.

Top Bottom