[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
She would only think of what jack Johnny is, what she already does so nothing new :ROFLMAO:
Screenshot_20201217_231443.jpg

Well, I guess there is nothing we can do at this time. The more players play through this game the more voices will be raised about the endings.

At the moment the majority is preoccupied with the numerous bugs. Some even refunded the game.

Earlier I said that I am grasping at straws and I probably still am right now, but I think it could be a possibility that the 6 months where just a placeholder with the intention to keep us guessing.
Only to follow it up with post-game DLC (e.g. Arizona, unreachable areas etc.) that will give us closure to V's fate similar to Blood & Wine where we got Geralt finally settling down.
I might build CDPR a shrine if that happens.

Let's hope the financial crackdown is manageable, so that DLC's are still possible.
It would be a shame to have this fantastic game die to (deserved) backlash.

There is much potential yet to explore.

On the other hand - writing that those endings are bad would be to accuse CDPR of wrongdoing. Maybe there is more to this?

Story wise we were pushed into this endings, and maybe they are mean something? Like, V is going to die always, but in any ending that is not abruptly ended during last mission - he/she is going to be killed by Soulkiller, what will remain is the engram/copy of V. Maybe this is the story that will be now explored - like replicants in Blade Runner.

CDPR planned to give us a roadmap for the DLC and expansion packs shortly after the release the game. This of course was interrupted by the last gen console version and now CDPR is in the patching/fixing mode. But they still said, that patching will last to the February, and after this they plan to focused on DLC.

I read the article on german website, that main story is finished. Some people were interpreting this that they won't be exploring any further. But maybe what they meant was that endings are something trivial, like not finished, but real human V is going to die, no matter what.
It's strange to leave this as it is. Any saint person knows that this is killing any replayability in instant, as it stands. And so maybe this was why there was this article and we were to get this roadmap early.

This thing feels like the choice you can make during mid-game in the witcher 2, the famous Iorveth-Roche choice but here we have too many outcomes to continue the story in very different ways.
This could be the only way they can make a "truly rpg experience" with future post-story dlcs

This thing feels like the choice you can make during mid-game in the witcher 2, the famous Iorveth-Roche choice but here we have too many outcomes to continue the story in very different ways.
This could be the only way they can make a "truly rpg experience" with future post-story dlcs
In fact, this is a very good rpg, I do not know why everyone was waiting for something like GTA, the main problem is only that your decisions do not affect whether you die or not, this is the most important thing and you can not change the character after creation, otherwise a very good rpg, not a game of the year, but worthy (F console players)

In fact, this is a very good rpg, I do not know why everyone was waiting for something like GTA, the main problem is only that your decisions do not affect whether you die or not, this is the most important thing and you can not change the character after creation, otherwise a very good rpg, not a game of the year, but worthy (F console players)

Bruh the endings really ruined the whole experience, they can solve this only with pre- and post- story arc.

It's too much inconsistent that I don't wanna play it anymore and there too many plotholes.

It's a good rpg, except the endings choices and outcomes. The entire endings structure work as a placeholder for dlcs.

and yes. Fallout 4 is way more rpg that this.

This is like the original Fallout 3 ending before Broken steel, so CDPR when will you tell us about this messy state of the game?

Post, pre story cant solve the problem

I agree, but a pre-story that expand the story arc (the way you go into vodoo boys is way too fast) in addiction to post story arc would be great.

In the end. you seriously think that this is the original idea of the game? there is so much cut content, too much. In the end in one of the endings we hear Johnny saying "continue the fight". OK so let us continue the fight after no?

I am wondering if this actually is telling how many people got this achievement in the world

it most likely only counts people playing on galaxy, but it's still a very low number. the same stat on steam should give a clearer picture since it's the preferred store/client for the vast majority.

The game so far feels incomplete to me, and kinda rushed to be out for this sales period.
I wonder what the state of it could have been for the first launch date.

I didn't finish the game yet, but this topic got my attention.

So, the choices you make, and the way you play the game, have no meaning.
In the end it only matters what option you select on the balcony, the rest of the game can be ignored.

The so called secret ending has the same outcome as others. It seems like they copied that Far cry one where you wait some time and get to end the game.
Secret ending should have been based of what important choices and actions have done at some points throughout the game-play session.

The maxed attributes seems they have no real impact in V's future. Just to open stuff, or lines in a dialogue.
I am level 43 and have 20 int, 20 tech, 7 cool, 4 ref, going for 20 body (13 right now).
I expected these to have a serious impact in the world, around V.
I wanted Alt to be impressed by my netrunning and maybe tech too. Maybe teach me new stuff. And do stuff together.

I am playing the game because I wanted to work hard for V's health and future.
I wish for the ending where V lives, is healthy and is without the relic.
To help Johnny decide if he wants to be an AI and live with Alt in cyberspace. Or help him get a clone body of himself and move inside it.
No matter what choice is taken, I want to stay good friends with Alt and Johnny.

The two above and other people you get along with should be at your side like companions and be able to call them when you want to do missions.

Jackie's death has no reason for the story. V could have taken the relic, Jackie stay alive and be there for you. Voodoo Boys could have been allies, since I am a good netrunner.

A little bit of an incomplete and disorganized rant.

Yeah, well, when stocks take a nosedive and there are actual refund campaigns not seen before... there's more to fix than the ending.

Pretty sure they said there will be 2 major patches coming up next year.
These are aimed to fix the most prominent issues on console. The one coming on the 21st is there under pressure of investors after recent events.
Thing is, the endings literally kill replayability for me and thus even tho I want to, I simply cannot invst more into the game than he 40 hours I've already done. The ending/story -is- a problem for the game because it effects gameplay. At least for me, and I doubt I'm unique in that aspect.

Thing is, the endings literally kill replayability for me and thus even tho I want to, I simply cannot invst more into the game than he 40 hours I've already done. The ending/story -is- a problem for the game because it effects gameplay. At least for me, and I doubt I'm unique in that aspect.

You are not. Every bit of hype I had to replay the game evaporated with the ending.

I looked up guides, planned my next build, marked stuff I missed, but right now I won't touch that game again. Needed time make my peace with Mass Effect, will need time to make my peace with this.
At least I will get patches while I wait.

You could say the game is still there to play with all its amazing content, but it is just an engram. It now lacks a soul. Ironic.

Top Bottom