[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
actually, as far as I understand, three endings offer you 6 months to live (decline Arasaka's offer, take Rogue's place, leave with Aldecaldos).

this is why I now think a DLC, if it happens, will start the same way the game started - you'll have a short introduction into what's happened since the ending and then thrust into another story in NC (I guess the nomad ctrl-V will have to come back)

For me there is no option to leave NC as a place that is a setting for whole story. Cyberpunk is Nightcity. It's like Batman going to Metropolis City. And second - CD77 just put to much effort into builiding NC.

This is different world than Witcher. There was a big world with characters that were know for moving from place to place. Here? Nope, it's go completely against the lore.

Multiplayer can take place as a new charakter, but we still have an elephant in the room with V.

Did you notice that most of the legends mentioned by Jackie don't show up? And those who do seem like broken people.

Rogue - cynical owner of the Afterlife, it's still not quite clear to me how Arasaka never came after her. There are some parts exploring her past, but it was kinda shallow.

Adam Smasher - 95% cyborg, barely human anymore. Probably cannot get out of Arasaka since they run maintenance on his body. Only shows up twice, during the prologue and as easy boss. V never developes any kind of hero-villain relationship with him.

Morgan Blackhand, BoaBoa and others - we never meet any real living legends.

Well being broken but a legend is pure unadulterated cyberpunk genre. Nothing comes without a price, and you never get away clean, it's a question about how dirty do you want to get.

Morgan Blackhand I'm pretty sure is dead, but then ironically half of what is said that Johnny did in CP2077, in canon Morgan Blackhand does (for example Morgain Blackhand was on the raid with Johnny, which was sponsored my Militech, and it was Morgan that planted the bombs, not Johnny.) It was also Morgan, not Johnny who fought Adam Smasher. So at this point, CDPR has destroyed Morgan's backstory.

Adam Smasher was pretty much always a full borg in canon, and he was always pretty much a sell out to Arasaka so that part is true.

Rogue I can see it.

No idea what's going on with Andrew Weyland really. (that's BoaBoa)

Morgan Blackhand I'm pretty sure is dead, but then ironically half of what is said that Johnny did in CP2077, in canon Morgan Blackhand does (for example Morgain Blackhand was on the raid with Johnny, which was sponsored my Militech, and it was Morgan that planted the bombs, not Johnny.) It was also Morgan, not Johnny who fought Adam Smasher. So at this point, CDPR has destroyed Morgan's backstory.

So they literally keanu-washed a character out of the game world? That's kinda crappy...

I do wonder if a couple years down the line we'll get a 'no keanu' mod that alters / fixes the story to just not include this unnecessary plot device and also have better endings.

It was also Morgan, not Johnny who fought Adam Smasher.
Both of them fought Smasher. There's literally a section in the PnP about Smasher killing Silverhand in a fight.

"Hey, Steelhead! Let's Rock and Roll!" Johnny is standing in plain sight, a Miliiech SMG in one hand, the Malorian in the Other. He begins pumping out rounds at Adam.

Adam turns but hesitates, astonished at the audacity of the rocketboy, challenging him with weapons that won't even crease his armor. An arm comes up. The autoshotgun in it opens fire. APDS rounds cut the young rocker in half. Johnny spins and falls to the ground, a surprised look on his face, the Malorian still smoking in his Fist It only takes a second.

Last edited:
For me there is no option to leave NC as a place that is a setting for whole story. Cyberpunk is Nightcity. It's like Batman going to Metropolis City. And second - CD77 just put to much effort into builiding NC just to scrap the whole concept, and what? Make a Borderlands/Rage 2077?

This is different world than Witcher. There was a big world with characters that were know for moving from place to place. Here? Nope, it's go completely against the lore.

I mean they can always make you come back. it would be just like a nomad playthrough starting outside of the town - you get the call and you decide to come back for One Last Job. maybe you play like an hour in the desert, but I'm 95% the dlc will take place in NC.

and don't get me wrong, I still agree that the endings are not good, and my biggest issue of choice and role-paying still stands. but, having played through 2 of them now and watched the Rogue one, I'm fairly certain the 6 months in all scenarios are dlc bait.

don't know what they'll do with suicide and secret endings though. in case of post-game dlc those get redundant.

So they literally keanu-washed a character out of the game world? That's kinda crappy...

I do wonder if a couple years down the line we'll get a 'no keanu' mod that alters / fixes the story to just not include this unnecessary plot device and also have better endings.
I feel like you are overestimating what modders can do in a game now. At least in a quality that wouldn't feel off from the rest of the game.
But I also feel this thread is going very off topic at this point.

Both of them fought Smasher. There's literally a section in the PnP about Smasher killing Silverhand in a fight.

True, but I'm pretty sure it was Morgan, not Johnny that fought him and tumbled down the shaft of 'saka tower.

Yea sad... No happy ending ,i make all 6 ending ,and i hope one will be finish with happy ending... idk why we dont get atleast 1-2 happy end...

I mean they can always make you come back. it would be just like a nomad playthrough starting outside of the town - you get the call and you decide to come back for One Last Job. maybe you play like an hour in the desert, but I'm 95% the dlc will take place in NC.

and don't get me wrong, I still agree that the endings are not good, and my biggest issue of choice and role-paying still stands. but, having played through 2 of them now and watched the Rogue one, I'm fairly certain the 6 months in all scenarios are dlc bait.

don't know what they'll do with suicide and secret endings though. in case of post-game dlc those get redundant.
It's not a rare practice to choose a handful of endings as canon and just go with those in future content.

But I also feel this thread is going very off topic at this point.

I mean there's only so many dozens of pages of 'these endings bad' you can write. Discussion of characters and other story beats that could lead to better / more interesting stories and endings may feel off topic but I don't think it is.

It's not a rare practice to choose a handful of endings as canon and just go with those in future content.

MY guess is that the suicide ending isn't canon, but it was put in there for completeness, but really there's so much game after that point it's not canon.

Arasaka as canon I doubt it, since the game was so actively anti-Arasaka.

The rest could easily be.

True, but I'm pretty sure it was Morgan, not Johnny that fought him and tumbled down the shaft of 'saka tower.
Yes. The part with Johnny being on the roof and soloing the mission to get Alt out are both not consistent with what is described in Shockwave. It bothered me a bit at first, but I actually liked it after Alt said "that's not what really happened, that's just what Johnny tells himself now" or something to that effect. He does look much more like a hero in the memories than he objectively is. Which whether indented or not, is fairly interesting.

yeah, I myself talked about Human Revolution just yesterday.

but in this case, we should brace ourselves for people who are happy with their endings feeling invalidated by a dlc :-/

Yes. The part with Johnny being on the roof and soloing the mission to get Alt out are both not consistent with what is described in Shockwave. It bothered me a bit at first, but I actually liked it after Alt said "that's not what really happened, that's just what Johnny tells himself now" or something to that effect. He does look much more like a hero in the memories than he objectively is. Which whether indented or not, is fairly interesting.
Sounds about right, memories are rarely accurate and often affected by personal experiances...

yeah, I myself talked about Human Revolution just yesterday.

but in this case, we should brace ourselves for people who are happy with their endings feeling invalidated by a dlc :-/
Dont think we have to worry about it, my guess is the DLC will be about the missing 6 months montage and some other midgame DLC. Dont think they will do anything about the endings. Might add ending but doubt it.

Top Bottom