[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
I think he was fucked up even before that ... since he came back from the war and all that...
He was, definetly, surely Mikoshi, being literally ripped apart by soulkiller and being able to dwell on his hatred for a long ass time didn't help, even Alt says he's not the same, his memory is warped and recollection of events are incorrect and bias.
I wonder if soulkiller that was used on him was the same that was used by Alt though, it has been updated probably hasn't it? Saburo was personally looking at the project.

There is pretty much only one possible way that can conclude in a real 'Good Ending' for V - and that is through NUSA intervention (they have superior tech to any corporation in the CP setting).

it's specifically stated that the NUSA could wipe out all the Corporations combined if they really wanted to, at a big cost.

That's what he's supposed to be, but they botched his redemption arc, and somebody like Johnny doesn't deserve the second chance that he is given in that ending. I had a pretty detailed post all about this awhile back.

Agree - Johnny walking the Earth while V dies is to me the worst kind of ending honestly. I mostly brought it up because I could think of that as being some kind of "hook" for any kind of future DLC solving the "V dies" mess...that Johnny makes good of his promise after all, and after he got what he wanted...stays true to his promise in a way he never had told V before, the A-hole he simply is/was...just headcanoning speculation.

I think the same, and I'm already excited about the reactions of the community.

Well - me too. I for one would be pleasantly surprised if CD Red pulls an "Anti-Bioware" and indeed gives their players main char a proper positive sendoff worthy of this game...

More likely to me at least than Bioware retconning their endng in ME-Remastered.

It's such a shame that they didn't offer you a possibility
to go with Panam after the secret ending. Like, wtf, I wanted to beat hell out of Arasaka solo and then go with Panam, but the only thing I could say was "Sorry Panam, I'm too busy doing crappy contracts here, bye-bye". Really pissed me off :(
that would have been a nice ending

Sadly atm i think most ppl focus on the ps4 and xbox situation. if it takes untill februari to fix that its gonna be a fun next year i feel like. Its not impossible that it will die before that tho. Dunno what the stats on refunds is but im guessing hiiiigh
That's exactly what's happening. Nobody is even talking about the endings. It's all Cyberpunk glitch memes, or like cops spawning on top of you, etc. Console issues are taking precedence. Until these issues are resolved I don't think people are going to really talk about the endings, critically.

There is pretty much only one possible way that can conclude in a real 'Good Ending' for V - and that is through NUSA intervention (they have superior tech to any corporation in the CP setting).

it's specifically stated that the NUSA could wipe out all the Corporations combined if they really wanted to, at a big cost.
If only we were told more about lore, I don't play the boardgame or all that, didn't NC fight an independence war to remain independent anyway?

That's exactly what's happening. Nobody is even talking about the endings. It's all Cyberpunk glitch memes, or like cops spawning on top of you, etc. Console issues are taking precedence. Until these issues are resolved I don't think people are going to really talk about the endings, critically.
Some people actually like the endings though, like lowsodiumcyberpunk subreddit, some of them are ok with it, because "dystopia". Some actually want a new character in NC/or prequel johnny which boggles my mind, like this aint the most cliffhanger endings.

As I recall the NUSA backed out of Night City when Arasaka got involved only because it wouldn't have been 'beneficial'; the corporations are the overall economic backbone, and the NUSA - while they would have won in annexing the city - would have gained little to nothing expending resources.

Some people actually like the endings though, like lowsodiumcyberpunk subreddit, some of them are ok with it, because "dystopia". Some actually want a new character in NC/or prequel johnny which boggles my mind, like this aint the most cliffhanger endings.
Well, different opinions, some people don't bond well with some chars, some argued that TW3 was objectively bad and had bad characters and all that even tho 98% of customers were happy with it, are they wrong? Not necessarily, some just do it out of spite to cause salt, some just don't like it for real.

Eh. This feels like Mass Effect 3 endings all over again.

I get it that some people like tragic endings. But NOT all of us do. There absolutely should be an optional happy ending for those people who don't enjoy drama or trauma. :/

If only we were told more about lore, I don't play the boardgame or all that, didn't NC fight an independence war to remain independent anyway?

IIRC from the Wiki readups I did yes, NUSA wanted to get NC back, but the city appealed to the Corps, and a huge carrier of Arasaka appeared in NC Harbour, and the NUSA preferred to retreat. Not sure when this took place though. But one reason why Arasaka is so prominent and powerful in NC

Yeah, sometimes they come into this thread... New character in DLC would be jarring to me, and prequel Johnny? No thanks. I wouldn't buy that DLC. 🤮

Lucky we have those memes. If i couldent jump to redit and laugh at them i would probably have totaly given up ages ago. But at the same time i get the feeling alot of ppl are just accepting this game as a GTA clone and are happy with it.. In that case it seems they made the right move to shaft the RPG players for a more diverse audience.

IIRC from the Wiki readups I did yes, NUSA wanted to get NC back, but the city appealed to the Corps, and a huge carrier of Arasaka appeared in NC Harbour, and the NUSA preferred to retreat. Not sure when this took place though. But one reason why Arasaka is so prominent and powerful in NC
I wish this would be like Anchorage from Fallout, I want more about mexican war, NUSA etc. because the world is just NC to most of us, I don't want to learn through wikia, sure it can be beneficial but you know, it's extra content.. Either way would explain why there's a basically NUSA district (I think it's Arroyo or the one right next to it with burning tires)

Well, different opinions, some people don't bond well with some chars, some argued that TW3 was objectively bad and had bad characters and all that even tho 98% of customers were happy with it, are they wrong? Not necessarily, some just do it out of spite to cause salt, some just don't like it for real.
well yeah, my point was its possible not many people are talking about the endings because they are fine with it.

Is it stated in the game or in Cyberpunk 2020 lore? If it's stated in the 2020 Lore, isn't that also because of the fourth corporate war? I just know the basics, so I'm honestly curious.

Lucky we have those memes. If i couldent jump to redit and laugh at them i would probably have totaly given up ages ago. But at the same time i get the feeling alot of ppl are just accepting this game as a GTA clone and are happy with it.. In that case it seems they made the right move to shaft the RPG players for a more diverse audience.
GTA does a better job at everything except map, graphics, atmosphere and story, GTA has it's own pros.

Top Bottom