[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
They should really give us the choice for how we end up. Do we just want to be with our loved one? Do we want to go out in a blaze? Do we wanna be that living legend of the afterlife? But we don´t been given a say and that´s the crime.
If that was given I would probably play like that:

Nomad: left the clan to go to NC to make an impact and willing to go out on a blaze

Streetkid: grew up in the streets of NC and is hoping for a good decent life in NC(go for romance)

Corpo: been released by Arasaka, I would fight my way back as a merc to become the living legend of Afterlife and a big thorn in the eyes of Arasaka

Last edited:
Saying "yikes" really proves you are absolutely immature.

Do you really want everybody to survive in a galactic war against super advanced semi origanic machines designed for galactic genocide? Really mate?

Legion sacrifices himself after achieving self consciousness, by making a choice and give his new life for the salvation of his people. He proved that the Reapers were wrong, that they were faulty, thus...beatable. What it achieved lead to the ending of the war. Everything people do has meaning, regardless of the fact that we eventually die.
I dont meen to be disrespectfull but cut that immature children out will ya. I think we can have a civil discussion abou topics without comming to name calling if your so mature?

Saying "yikes" really proves you are absolutely immature.

Do you really want everybody to survive in a galactic war against super advanced semi origanic machines designed for galactic genocide? Really mate?

Legion sacrifices himself after achieving self consciousness, by making a choice and give his new life for the salvation of his people. He proved that the Reapers were wrong, that they were faulty, thus...beatable. What it achieved lead to the ending of the war. Everything people do has meaning, regardless of the fact that we eventually die.
As you say, the "salvation of his people". You choose the destroy ending his people are LITERALLY WIPED OUT. So, this means every single thing having to do with the Geth or Legion, WERE WORTHLESS. ME3 is another case of writers trying to railroad you into an ending. If the destroy ending ONLY destroyed the reapers, nobody in their right mind would EVER choose the other two. All character development with EDI is also thrown out the window, since destroy kills her as well.

And to answer your question, yes, yes I do. If I have to play their multiplayer to get galactic score, if I choose the decisions that should enable the player to have everybody survive. THEN YES. I want my choices, for good or ill, to be relevant at the end.

I'm just going to leave this here. Also.
I immediately dropped the game and uninstalled it after reaching the "choice" between Alt and Johnny. Hopefully we can get the analytics to convey the message clearly after all is said and done, and after everyone has played through most of the game. ;)

Not wanna be rude and cut you off, but maybe this isn't the thread to discuss ME3?
It's relevant to the discussion of choice, and how it should matter. This game has none. Even in ME3 with similarly railroaded endings, it had more choice, and meaning.

Here they do it with the lovable 13k kill count Johnny.

It's relevant to the discussion of choice, and how it should matter. This game has none. Even in ME3 with similarly railroaded endings, it had more choice, and meaning.

Sure, but you can point out every issue these endings have without discussing the endings of ME3 in this depth. I think it leads to far off-topic, and I don't know if that wouldn't be enough reason for mods to close the thread

While i agree that it is relevant im not sure if the mods would and id rather this thread not be locked. im just as guilty and sorry if that derailed the thread.

Sure, but you can point out every issue these endings have without discussing the endings of ME3 in this depth. I think it leads to far off-topic, and I don't know if that wouldn't be enough reason for mods to close the thread
Stop the paranoia, at most they delete my post or ban me.

I immediately dropped the game and uninstalled it after reaching the "choice" between Alt and Johnny. Hopefully we can get the analytics to convey the message clearly after all is said and done, and after everyone has played through most of the game. ;)

I mean what's your point m8, that a story has to end on a positive note to be good? Or that there's a trend of stories ending on a shitty note for the sake of being shitty? I guess I can agree with the latter though there's really not many ways you can end a story and the 'Hero beloved by everyone saves the day' trope is was old a decade ago. A purely positive ending also wouldn't sit very well with the setting either.

And how does Nintendos' "our games exist to bring families together and spread the warmth" tie into cyberpunk, a genre literally defined by a hopeless/miserable existence in a high-tech setting? Different people have different reasons for being into the aesthetic, but I think the Nintendo experience isn't on the list.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, analytics will probably show many people getting nomad ending, or feedback with people being content with that one. There is a reason, that the straight male and the lesbian romance end semi-well, despite copy V in that ending.

Finally a game that shows what is what without sugarcoating things. This was the perfect decision. If you want a happy ending, watch some brainwash movies, those will ease your pain.

This is an unforgiving world where weaknesses are exploited and everyone only cares about its own self interests. And you want a happy ending. After literally killing half the city. Gimme a break.

CDPR remember: never trust user input. The game is perfect story/content wise.

Finally a game that shows what is what without sugarcoating things. This was the perfect decision. If you want a happy ending, watch some brainwash movies, those will ease your pain.

This is an unforgiving world where weaknesses are exploited and everyone only cares about its own self interests. And you want a happy ending. After literally killing half the city. Gimme a break.

CDPR remember: never trust user input. The game is perfect story/content wise.
And again, it's not about a super happy ending necessarily, the poll might be a bit misleading in that regard. It is just about a chance to not die. Surviving does not have to mean everything is great, maybe everything became worse. Maybe there's a new war between the megacorps, maybe we burned down the city (that was a slogan that never happend) in order to survive. But right now, we have no real choice, after it was said our choices matter. All endings are basically the same.
Post automatically merged:

And to not include some sort of semi-happy ending for a AAA-title is just not a smart move in my opinion. It can work very well with smaller games, but the mainstream audience enjoys happy ends ways more than tragedy, which is partly why Cyberpunk never really became mainstream. This game changed that, and giving players the liberty to have a happy end, in an interactive medium, an RPG, does not force anyone to pursue it. Make it hard to get, but give people who truly want it the chance.

Also, the game loading the last save before you go on the final mission is just immersion breaking, so people like myself don't want to do sidequests anymore since V is in that point of time "dead" already. And after Act 2 gives a sense of urgency, a lot of people skipped much of the sidecontent

Last edited:
A Mario game ending where the whole mushroom kingdom gets nuked by Bowser and everyone perish's hits differently than the choice in a Cyberpunk RPG whether we want to save our own skin or not. If Mario even died and didn't come back imagine all the crying children at christmas this year. :coolstory:

And again, it's not about a super happy ending necessarily, the poll might be a bit misleading in that regard. It is just about a chance to not die. Surviving does not have to mean everything is great, maybe everything became worse. Maybe there's a new war between the megacorps, maybe we burned down the city (that was a slogan that never happend) in order to survive. But right now, we have no real choice, after it was said our choices matter. All endings are basically the same.

It is always the same ... it was like, pardon to bring it up again, Mass Effect as well. People praised the endings and Shep dead because "it aint all sunshine and unicorns, kiddo" etc... and NOBODY wanted an "All is well ending" ... it wasn't possible anyway, considering the entire Galaxy was in ruins and billions had died already...

Same with CP2077 - the game is full of grief, misery, death, fear of death - any "good" ending where V lives would not have invalidated Evelyn dying, T-Bug dying, V getting shot and dying already ONCE, and JAckie zeroed as well...it is dark enough, the endings making it bleaker is not making the game better or more daring...it just adds more to the same dark the game already threw at us for hours...

I don't want a happy ending, I want an ending where V doesn't die so I can play him in expansion/dlc/have a sense of completion when I finish gigs or the next CP game because I'm bonded to these characters and starting over -every- single iteration of CP is just bad if you consider that the storyline itself lasts 30 hours at most.

You don't know what the DLCs will bring... and you are not dead... yet. Why survive after such a thrill ride? After reaching legendary status. You can watch thousand movies and play myriads of games that are sugarcoated to a level where you literally feel drowned by the banality and bullshit they present. This game finally has a perfect tone. You cannot have everything.

People really live in a hollywood bubble, while hollywood is nothing more than a propaganda machine that literally makes people believe that they live in a fantasy world.

Zero sugarcoating needed.

I don't want a happy ending, I want an ending where V doesn't die so I can play him in expansion/dlc/have a sense of completion when I finish gigs or the next CP game because I'm bonded to these characters and starting over -every- single iteration of CP is just bad if you consider that the storyline itself lasts 30 hours at most.
The storyline is literally 100+ hours. You have to do all side quests and gigs otherwise you'll get some gimped version of ending.

V survives somehow in the panam romance ending. This is shown when Misty leaves a voicemail. Check the new thread in the forum. Sadness and pain leading up to death is not a "good life ahead of you".

Maybe we will learn in the DLC

You don't know what the DLCs will bring... and you are not dead... yet. Why survive after such a thrill ride? After reaching legendary status. You can watch thousand movies and play myriads of games that are sugarcoated to a level where you literally feel drowned by the banality and bullshit they present. This game finally has a perfect tone. You cannot have everything.

People really live in a hollywood bubble, while hollywood is nothing more than a propaganda machine that literally makes people believe that they live in a fantasy world.

Zero sugarcoating needed.

The storyline is literally 100+ hours. You have to do all side quests and gigs otherwise you'll get some gimped version of ending.
I did, 62 hours, I only have like 8 gigs left and I can't be arsed because gigs are kinda meh..

Top Bottom