[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
They (Misty) literally tell you in the beginning that you are a fool... let that sink.

I can't come up with any RPG where these so called choices have any real branching effect on the story whatsoever. Because of time/money constraints. You have one main storyline and certain decisions affect certain characters and that's all. Everything else is bs.
Hahahaha, you got to be kidding me, i didnt talk about branching story, i talked about branching endings.

Edit: And as arcsirc said "The fool card is the everyman, it is new beginnings and potential. weren't you paying attention?"

Another edit: Witcher 2, also game from CDPR had branching story.

Last edited:
Literally typing 3 words in google can do wonders sometimes.

I want to send this remark to the board "Let the artists do their art" so we could have a bug-free (or nearly) game with way more features.
You are preoccupied with bugs, I experienced some of them, but none of those were game breaking didn't even had to restart a game.

Generally, this game is best on PC hands down. Even the metacritic score showed this.

I get bugs here and there (mostly minor), and there are performance issues at times, but my game is largely fine.

You are preoccupied with bugs, I experienced some of them, but none of those were game breaking didn't even had to restart a game.
Genuinely worried for the future of the company because I want more of their games more like.
Losing sales on PSN and all the refunds is meh but it's off-topic so whatever.

Genuinely worried for the future of the company because I want more of their games more like.
Losing sales on PSN and all the refunds is meh but it's off-topic so whatever.
Not necessarily, the last gen controversy could put DLC plans in jeopardy. Our hopes for a resolved ending.

Remember Mass Effect Andromeda? No DLC, and they even stopped releasing content for their multiplayer.

This seems to be the crux of your argument, as far as your experience went everything was optimal.
Do not concern yourself with bugs for I experienced none.
The 7 grimdark endings supplied were to my taste, if a happy one was available my experience would be diminished.

a solipsistic outlook that makes discussion with you a bit pointless.

Personally I want a middle of the road ending without V's potential being aborted, but the offer of 7 endings identical in substance if not in style is absurd. If the game railroaded you into one outcome without dressing it up to be 7 I'd be less disappointed than what was offered. And the illusion of choice isn't some clever thematic point. Dark endings don't have intrinsic merit as you seem to think they do, neither do good ones despite being my preference, but offering 7 of the fuckers and having them all be shit is just daft.

Personally i'm hoping this is a madbastard cliff-hanger so I can eat my hat, but the lack of nuance available in any of these is a bit of a let down considering some of the great works available in the genre.

Tagging on "but they died in 6 months" does not a good ending make.

My zodiac sign is Aquarius. Corresponding tarot card is The Star. I HATE that my tarot card is associated with such an abysmal ending. I feel personally attacked. I am literally shaking right now.

No, but seriously, these endings are ass. CDPR has cut more content than a mohel with tenure. All of this cut content probably exacerbated the homogenized endings, as it lead to rushed results across the board. And while it pains me to admit it, even IF CDPR adds on some juicy life-saving DLC, it doesn't change the fact that, terrible endings notwithstanding, the game isn't very replayable to begin with. The gutted RPG mechanics made sure of that. Unfortunately, I feel the endings are the least of this game's problems right now.

And here I am.

I am happy to see that more people joined in on the discussion and that we have ambivalent views now with people defending the endings.

That is good. Otherwise this thread would become an echo chamber which makes for boring discussion.

I am fine with other people liking the endings, everyone is different right?

Well, thank god we have 7 endings that could cater to every taste.
Oh wait..

But honestly, miss me with that "Cyberpunk is dark so everything has to be edgy and depressing, grow up kiddos"-bullshit.

You can be a responsible adult and still like the heroes journey. If I want to see terrible things I just have to go to work and watch people die every day, hopeless and isolated due to covid.

That is not why I play video games.

Edit: Before someone says that I should probably play other games rather than this then:

Yeah, I will. Many others too, as was established already, since the majority prefers the chance to "earn" a happy ending.

I am in return eager to see if your franchise can survive by catering only to edgelords.

Last edited:
You know I was watching a reviewer on YouTube, against my better judgement, he was fairly spot on - until he got to the ending. He barely talked about it, just said "really good" then moved on.

How to catch the liar? :think:

Actually, scratch that, he wasn't spot on. Specced into pistols and stealth, then complained about the enemies being bullet sponges when he used his SHOTGUN. Off-topic, but it really annoys me when people criticize something and they have no idea what they are talking about.

Ah, good morning.

No better way to start your day than refreshing this page and see that there are 20 new pages of trauma therapy.

Gonna grab a coffee and read through it all.
See you later, chooms!
Enjoy coffie my dude
Post automatically merged:

And here I am.

I am happy to see that more people joined in on the discussion and that we have ambivalent views now with people defending the endings.

That is good. Otherwise this thread would become an echo chamber which makes for boring discussion.

I am fine with other people liking the endings, everyone is different right?

Well, thank god we have 7 endings that could cater to every taste.
Oh wait..

But honestly, miss me with that "Cyberpunk is dark so everything has to be edgy and depressing, grow up kiddos"-bullshit.

You can be a responsible adult and still like the heroes journey. If I want to see terrible things I just have to go to work and watch people die every day, hopeless and isolated due to covid.

That is not why I play video games.
Totaly agree. I cant add anything up
Post automatically merged:

You know I was watching a reviewer on YouTube, against my better judgement, he was fairly spot on - until he got to the ending. He barely talked about it, just said "really good" then moved on.

How to catch the liar? :think:

Actually, scratch that, he wasn't spot on. Specced into pistols and stealth, then complained about the enemies being bullet sponges when he used his SHOTGUN. Off-topic, but it really annoys me when people criticize something and they have no idea what they are talking about.
People here are pissed for a good reson. You have 7 very simillar endings. In all, but like all of them V dies. What was the point of saying to people there is player impact on the game. When you play game as it should be, alone in the room, with all side quests,and you meet all NPC as you should, end gets even worse. Its too dark and depresing. Ending made me think was it worth it to play this. I enjoyed, laughed, even almost cried as a bitch at some points but that ending crushed me. If they dont pull some ace to save their sorry ass out of this I will be really dissapointed

Last edited:
People here are pissed for a good reson. You have 7 very simillar endings. In all, but like all of them V dies. What was the point of saying to people there is player impact on the game. When you play game as it should be, alone in the room, with all side quests,and you meet all NPC as you should, end gets even worse. Its too dark and depresing. Ending made me think was it worth it to play this. I enjoyed, laughed, even almost cried as a bitch at some points but that ending crushed me. If they dont pull some ace to save their sorry ass out of this I will be really dissapointed

That is actually a big point for me.
The game, like every RPG should, encourages you to play side quests, learn about the world and its inhabitants.
It wants you to experience it as close to reality as possible with stories about justice (River), family trouble (Panam), political intrigues (Peralez), the AI/human question (Delamain) or loss (Judy). The list goes on.
It makes you CARE.

And then, as you care so much it shits on your head. It takes everything away. "Welp, you are done now, toys go back in the box".
Then the box gets thrown into the ocean.

Not even because there is no happy ending (and I will gladly admit that this is my reason to be mad, fight me.), but because you cannot change anything.

As will I, if they don't fix these games endings, or rather we get a good ending (and I'm not referring to "happy", good as in writing) to V's story in the future, whether through DLC, free updates, whatever. This game, at least for me, will have extremely limited replayability.

After I pretty much 100% this game on my corpo (I made her my avatar), I see literally no reason to ever play the game again, for now. The other backgrounds are superficial.

If this was a 10-12 hour (MAX) linear action-adventure, AND IT WAS MARKETED AS ONE. I wouldn't be so frustrated. This was marketed as an RPG with player choice, a game that would change the industry or whatever. A game that would offer near infinite replayablity. I'll say it again, all I wanted was some choice in my RPG, not an on-rails experience.

I Don’t know if sugarcoated ending would fit this universe.
It would be good if at least V would get of of this mess (like Geralt and Yen/Triss) but the rest?
TW3 played this perfectly with endings that didn’t change much and the whole world was in the same state with just different accents here and there (Radovid/ Emphyr/ Dikstra). I think that ending with V surviving with nomads but whaving Militech and/or Arasaka on their tail and being constantly on the run would fit this description.

Problem is that all 7 endings are the same at the end with maybe hints that same thing will change those outcomes.

i think that the main problem lies in the fact that we are being given instead of one MacGuffin (biochip) another one but this time far more vague (wait for the clone with Arasaka and this “we will find the way” mr blue eye with Panam).

it’s bad since we know how the first one ended and people will feel that this is just another gimmick on the basis of “fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me”.
Not to mention that this solution needs to stay consistent with the lore, which we now that doesn’t exist right now (vide the fact that Arasaka could fix V even tho they are the pinnacle of since world in this universe). I know that writer can write anything but this is not how proper storytelling works.
There is old writers saying that writers are slaves to their story, since they need to follow the path they set early on.

this is a mess right now even tho each ending alone is at least quite well executed.

Last edited:
I don’t know if sugarcoated ending would fit this universe.
It would be good if at least V would get of of this mess (like Geralt and Yen/Triss) but the rest?
TW3 played this perfectly with endings that didn’t change much and the whole world was in the same state with just different accents here and there (Radovid/ Emphyr/ Dikstra). I think that ending with V surviving with nomads but whaving Militech and/or Arasaka on their tail and being constantly on the run would fit this description.

Problem is that all 7 endings are the same at the end with maybe hints that same thing will change those outcomes.

i think that the main problem lies in the fact that we are being given instead of one MacGuffin (biochip) another one but this time far more vague (wait for the clone with Arasaka and this “we will find the way” mr blue eye with Panam).

it’s bad since we know how the first one ended and people will feel that this is just another gimmick on the basis of “fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me”.

this is a mess right now even tho each ending alone is at least quite well executed.

I think you do not have to sugarcoat it. Just remove the "6 months" from every of the 3 endings that have it and leave the others like they are now.

Araska: Become Adam Smasher 2.0.

Afterlife Legend: Die in a blaze of glory during space heist like a true legend, cut to some rando drinking a V at the afterlife or have V survive, continuing his story as a legend.

Nomad: V leaves NC with any love interest and the Aldecaldos claiming to have realized having a place to belong to is better than being a legend in the hell that is NC.

Top Bottom