[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Yep, I feel bery passionate towards this game and to be honest, I hate that at this point lol

On the one hand I just want to play again in a second playthrough, on the other I know I wouldn't make it far.
At the latest when Panam and River appear I would shut it down.
Will not let these guys down another time by dying.

Edit: I care about dissappointing numbers and values. Send help.

Rule of thumb in any written story is that unless there is a body, and the individual is confirmed dead, then they're not dead. V has 6 months left to live, a game of this size with that amount of resources and time put into it isn't just going to drop a character the players emotionally invest time and effort into - that's not CDPR's forte. Expect a continuation with V.

Which is why throwing someone down a pit, even if they're cut in half, is not good enough a confirmation in any franchise any more. ;)

On the one hand I just want to play again in a second playthrough, on the other I know I wouldn't make it far.
At the latest when Panam and River appear I would shut it down.
Will not let these guys down another time by dying.
I guess that is te benefit of playing a gay guy in this game! I really don't care for Kerry. Especially since he is the one ditching my arse in the end lol :shrug:

I would argue that the player is in fact V's soul. Because even if the soulkiller transfered your control from one body to another. It's still you (the player) who is control. And we the player is ultimately V's soul. I know it's kinda meta. But I can live with a soulkiller ending, because I justify the soul as being the player. It's not like my playstyle is going to change just becuase I switched bodies. I'm still the same V I always am.

But the whole dying part is still stupid as fuck.

I would argue that the player is in fact V's soul. Because even if the soulkiller transfered your control from one body to another. It's still you (the player) who is control. And we the player is ultimately V's soul. I know it's kinda meta. But I can live with a soulkiller ending, because I justify the soul as being the player. It's not like my playstyle is going to change just becuase I switched bodies. I'm still the same V I always am.

That is interesting way to look at it. :think:

Rule of thumb in any written story is that unless there is a body, and the individual is confirmed dead, then they're not dead. V has 6 months left to live, a game of this size with that amount of resources and time put into it isn't just going to drop a character the players emotionally invest time and effort into - that's not CDPR's forte. Expect a continuation with V.

Which is why throwing someone down a pit, even if they're cut in half, is not good enough a confirmation in any franchise any more. ;)

Ah, so we return as evil V and get destroyed by "All the AI's" 4 hours later.

Man, what this game could have been.
We are closing in on 300 pages of discussing only the endings.

Now think of that tsunami of shit regarding the launch, bugs and so on.
Just wait till more and more people finish the game and see for themselves how shit the endings are. I guarantee you that this thread will easily make it to 500+ pages of posts (And beyond) before all is said and done.

Thanks. I would, though, some sacrifices in order to gain a good enging. Probably, in terms of personal gain for V — give up, i don't know, all Johny's loot, fight him at every step, do not let him get anything from you and, in the end, destroy his engram for good.
Post automatically merged:

When we speak about fiction and art, hate is way better than no emotions at all)
Fighting Johnny, no probs. Give up his loot, sure. Just give my romanceful ending :love:. For me love is the most important thing to get in any kind of life, so as I long as I can get that, I´d sacrifice very much if not close to everything

This.

An Engram without a human body is just processed Data. It's not human --Soulkiller 'kills' the Soul if the human part cannot be stimulated. That is why Alt is no longer Human, she HAS NO "soul", she is AI acting on protocols and 'memories' back from 2020.

And a human body without its 'conscious mind' is just an empty shell, a carcass.

V is still V, the Engram is just them - except they're now more permeable, like saved data to a hard-disk. The meta element is that the player is V's soul.

Yeah I am fine with soulkiller. A lot of pages earlier I stated that I believe every bit of me could be downloaded and copied theoretically. Yet again, highly philosophical.

There still is the 6 month thing though.

Forcing us to buy a mid-game dlc to see a new ending, so we can actually continue past the elevator is scummy. So yes it does invalidate the base game. Also, because during the whole game we barely have time, it would feel out of context.

But hey, I'll take it if it allows us to continue V's story, I'd just prefer a post-game dlc.
oh they will do it lol this way.

the cut content is too much large, they must make us happy

Fighting Johnny, no probs. Give up his loot, sure. Just give my romanceful ending :love:. For me love is the most important thing to get in any kind of life, so as I long as I can get that, I´d sacrifice very much if not close to everything
For me as well. I stayed in body only for Panam and friends, if not them, i would ascend to Cyberspace and freedom from carnal bonds and cruel animal part of human nature

For me as well. I stayed in body only for Panam and friends, if not them, i would ascend to Cyberspace and freedom from carnal bonds and cruel animap part of human nature
For me it was River and his family! that was the most powerful happiness for me and I wouldn´t leave them no matter what if I had a say in this. And for an RPG you SHOULD have a say

--
Also a side question. If this universe is 'so dark,' how exactly is it possible for Rogue to literally assist Johnny Asshole in nuking a corporate headquarters, but no one goes after her even though she's sitting wide open in the most popular nightclub in the city?

Just how grim is the future when you can commit mass murder on that scale, and the 'all evil' corporation just turns the cheek and ignores you. And the government and police ignore them. I thought part of the dark fantasy of the future was a nanny-state, not the opposite where the government is so hands off--you have the kind of freedom to be a psychopath and no one gives a shit as long as you can walk away from the scene of the crime.

Johnny being able to assualt Arasaka once (to find Alt), and then perform a concert a few months later only to nuke their headquarters without immediately being detained by the police or swatted or anything? How are we suppose to assume that the corps are bad if they're fangless and just let rebels fuck up their shit without any real repercussion? Sure Johnny got gimped, but had he escaped on the helicopter--he'd probably be taking shots in the night club and everyone else is like "oh, that silly goober, we can't get him now, he escaped the scene of the crime! Ah shucks!"

--
Also a side question. If this universe is 'so dark,' how exactly is it possible for Rogue to literally assist Johnny Asshole in nuking a corporate headquarters, but no one goes after her even though she's sitting wide open in the most popular nightclub in the city?

Just how grim is the future when you can commit mass murder on that scale, and the 'all evil' corporation just turns the cheek and ignores you. And the government and police ignore them. I thought part of the dark fantasy of the future was a nanny-state, not the opposite where the government is so hands off--you have the kind of freedom to be a psychopath and no one gives a shit as long as you can walk away from the scene of the crime.

Johnny being able to assualt Arasaka once (to find Alt), and then perform a concert a few months later only to nuke their headquarters without immediately being detained by the police or swatted or anything? How are we suppose to assume that the corps are bad if they're fangless and just let rebels fuck up their shit without any real repercussion? Sure Johnny got gimped, but had he escaped on the helicopter--he'd probably be taking shots in the night club and everyone else is like "oh, that silly goober, we can't get him now, he escaped the scene of the crime! Ah shucks!"
Valid point

If it is *only* about being able to continue playing after the ending, you will probably find a mod for that within a month.
I would assume that being able to play after the ending would require a different ending, but either way, I would prefer an official solution, I don't like mods.
At least sad engings are discussed way longer and more emotional, than good ones.
We are not discussing the endings here, we are complaining and asking for better endings.

I would assume that being able to play after the ending would require a different ending, but either way, I would prefer an official solution, I don't like mods.

We are not discussing the endings here, we are complaining and asking for better endings.
Same thing, i guess)

Top Bottom