[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
--
Also a side question. If this universe is 'so dark,' how exactly is it possible for Rogue to literally assist Johnny Asshole in nuking a corporate headquarters, but no one goes after her even though she's sitting wide open in the most popular nightclub in the city?

Just how grim is the future when you can commit mass murder on that scale, and the 'all evil' corporation just turns the cheek and ignores you. And the government and police ignore them. I thought part of the dark fantasy of the future was a nanny-state, not the opposite where the government is so hands off--you have the kind of freedom to be a psychopath and no one gives a shit as long as you can walk away from the scene of the crime.

Johnny being able to assualt Arasaka once (to find Alt), and then perform a concert a few months later only to nuke their headquarters without immediately being detained by the police or swatted or anything? How are we suppose to assume that the corps are bad if they're fangless and just let rebels fuck up their shit without any real repercussion? Sure Johnny got gimped, but had he escaped on the helicopter--he'd probably be taking shots in the night club and everyone else is like "oh, that silly goober, we can't get him now, he escaped the scene of the crime! Ah shucks!"

It is what happens when police forgets about you after running around a corner.

Forcing us to buy a mid-game dlc to see a new ending, so we can actually continue past the elevator is scummy. So yes it does invalidate the base game. Also, because during the whole game we barely have time, it would feel out of context.

But hey, I'll take it if it allows us to continue V's story, I'd just prefer a post-game dlc.

I agree that forcing us to buy a DLC to get another ending is really scummy however I don't think it necessarily invalidates the other endings. And I don't think it would be out of context if it added to V's main objective of surviving. I mentioned earlier how it could be done.

Honestly my favorite option is a DLC mid-game that unlocks a side story that could add on a new ending without affecting the old ones. Like right now you can play the game without completing Panam's sidequests however it will lock you out of her factions ending. So like you help out certain people and unlock a new ending. Someone mentioned Biotechnica earlier and that could be a cool addition.

I think my main issue is that anything post game fails to avoid Soulkiller because to me Soulkiller is not really a good solution but the game seems to brush over it. Regardless if they can't give my V a happy ending I would like them to at least give the copy V a good one. So I'll take post-game DLC but I would prefer mid-game DLC.

I agree that forcing us to buy a DLC to get another ending is really scummy however I don't think it necessarily invalidates the other endings. And I don't think it would be out of context if it added to V's main objective of surviving. I mentioned earlier how it could be done.

I think my main issue is that anything post game fails to avoid Soulkiller because to me Soulkiller is not really a good solution but the game seems to brush over it. Regardless if they can't give my V a happy ending I would like them to at least give the copy V a good one. So I'll take post-game DLC but I would prefer mid-game DLC.

That would also be a compromise for the people who want everything to be dark.

"V is getting a happy ending. But he is an Engram.

It is up to you to decide if that is good or not."

Intriguing, I didn't know about the Triss update. What did they change exactly?

She was completely speechless in first version. There was even a meme with Triss saying "Yes""Yes""Yes""Yes" on the ship.
So they've reworked her dialogs thru out the game and add a special scene in the end, where she comes to the main tent and speaks with Geralt before the battle

I guess that is te benefit of playing a gay guy in this game! I really don't care for Kerry. Especially since he is the one ditching my arse in the end lol :shrug:

Lmao I romanced Kerry too and I gotta say his romance pales in comparison with the others especially when it comes to the endings. Like I dunno why they gave all the female romances the better conclusions. Equality in romance my a** lol. But I suppose that is besides the point cuz we are here to talk about the endings.

She was completely speechless in first version. There was even a meme with Triss saying "Yes""Yes""Yes""Yes" on the ship.
So they've reworked her dialogs thru out the game and add a special scene in the end, where she comes to the main tent and speaks with Geralt before the battle

Cool, thanks for getting back to me. When I played Witcher 2 that was apparently patched in already. Didn't feel out of place at all.

Lmao I romanced Kerry too and I gotta say his romance pales in comparison with the others especially when it comes to the endings. Like I dunno why they gave all the female romances the better conclusions. Equality in romance my a** lol. But I suppose that is besides the point cuz we are here to talk about the endings.
In a way I feel the romances do effect the ending. I would care much more for the nomad ending for example if I could ride into the sunset with my male companion too.
Post automatically merged:

Cool, thanks for getting back to me. When I played Witcher 2 that was apparently patched in already. Didn't feel out of place at all.
Yeah, so people trying to shut threads like this down by saying there is no chance for change. They clearly don't know the history of CDPR games. Players feedback has always been part of their game evolution.

In a way I feel the romances do effect the ending. I would care much more for the nomad ending for example if I could ride into the sunset with my male companion too.

Yeah, so people trying to shut threads like this down by saying there is no chance for change. They clearly don't know the history of CDPR games. Players feedback has always been part of their game evolution.

in this situation cdpr has another problem:

the game is cut and half-made that we can almost call it early-access so our feedback is important

Least it wasn't Mass Effect's Jacob. :giveup:

Lol that was soooo bad. But to be fair you at least we had Garrus and Thane for romances for Femshep. And you know Garrus <3.

Fr nomad ending would be better if the guys could come to but nah it's all about Panam right? Kinda almost feel punished for not picking Panam . :sad:

Although romances are the least of my concerns ending wise right now.

Last edited:
[SPOILER ALERT][LONG RANT]I just finally finished the game... 90h of gameplay, rid NC of all police scans, did almost all side quests (just left Kerry's storyline behind), went all the way with Panam, got to max level/SC.

My personal opinion: the mentality of "there can't be a happy ending in cyberpunk" is a mentality of someone who doesn't know what an RPG is. It's understandable, since many people generally play computer games, but no tabletop RPGs and are already used to the lack of variety and consequence of digital games' storylines. But this game is based on an actual tabletop RPG and it was announced as having a heavy choice-driven story.

That being said, I feel the game lacks variety in meaningful endings. There are actually 4 unique endings in this game, the rest are just little variations... and there is the suicide one, that to me is a non-ending. 2 of these endings are actually very grim and dark, as they should be. The Arasaka full committed is spot on (The surrender option), the variation is terrible. You go back to earth, and even if you romanced Panam and called her from the space station listening to her urging you to come home soon, you don't get an after credits message that indicates that you went away with her, which is awkward to say the least. The other ending I found to be very good is the Johnny ending, actually made me physically sick. The other endings are lacking.

Before I continue on my rant about the endings, I gotta say the BIGGEST flaw in them is the lack of impact that pursuing (or not) the silverhand side-quests has. Let's see:
1. Misty says one of the pills slows the process, but blocks Johnny and the other speeds it up, but let's him take control.
2. There are very few occasions when you can actually take the first pill and you never take the second unless you pursue Johnny's side quests.
3. In the end, no matter the choices, Alt says the changes made to the body by the chip AND the "aggressive, invasive medications" made your body uninhabitable to your own mind.

I mean... WHAT? What fucking medications are you talking about, when someone plays through without surrendering control of the body? This right here is the biggest hole in this mess CDPR made trying to pretend choices in this game matter.

Let's see the other endings. The merc ending is okish, with the very problematic lack of variation, especially since Kerry seems to be the only of the romance paths that doesn't end in break up (couldn't find the River one). Considering there is only one romance for every combination of the binary gender/sexual orientation pair, this is problematic.
Speaking of romance, it is very strange that only Panam and Judy's path offer an alternative to the merc path to stay with them. No settling down with River in the trailer park? No traveling on tour with Kerry? "The retire and enjoy the time left" endings are missing.

Now for the "good" endings, they are also ok, the Panam one being more meaningful in my opinion, finding a family in the Aldercados and the "open to an unlikely miracle cure" vibe. I just feel that even then, even when you dive the deepest into the relationships, it still leaves me with a feeling of distance between V and Panam (what's the problem they have with the L word?). But I guess this is more of a character development problem than the ending per se.

In summary, I feel like there should be at least double the amount of unique endings, and there definitely should be a LOT more impact of the choices made during the campaign. Some endings also need a little more polish. Overall this felt like a good story, but it's very, very ordinary. This is the word I would use to sum it up and this worries me a lot more than the bugs, because the bugs will be fixed by next year and I doubt we'll see any changes to the story.

Man, on my second play-through I ran into those two monks again. The one where the brother was augmented. And you can ask them about whether a construct is a person with a soul, and they basically said that "if you suffer, you're a person."

They seemed to indicate that your engram would probably be you, but who knows

Attachments

• 99.jpg
    99.jpg
    726.8 KB · Views: 54

I don't even see it as "another ending" - Empire strikes back was also not another ending to A New Hope, and I also don't see it as scummy that Return of the Jedi had a super positive ending after the sad events of Empire strikes back...

It is just a continuation of the story...like a lot of DLCs or sequels in general are

[SPOILER ALERT][LONG RANT]I just finally finished the game... 90h of gameplay, rid NC of all police scans, did almost all side quests (just left Kerry's storyline behind), went all the way with Panam, got to max level/SC.

My personal opinion: the mentality of "there can't be a happy ending in cyberpunk" is a mentality of someone who doesn't know what an RPG is. It's understandable, since many people generally play computer games, but no tabletop RPGs and are already used to the lack of variety and consequence of digital games' storylines. But this game is based on an actual tabletop RPG and it was announced as having a heavy choice-driven story.

That being said, I feel the game lacks variety in meaningful endings. There are actually 4 unique endings in this game, the rest are just little variations... and there is the suicide one, that to me is a non-ending. 2 of these endings are actually very grim and dark, as they should be. The Arasaka full committed is spot on (The surrender option), the variation is terrible. You go back to earth, and even if you romanced Panam and called her from the space station listening to her urging you to come home soon, you don't get an after credits message that indicates that you went away with her, which is awkward to say the least. The other ending I found to be very good is the Johnny ending, actually made me physically sick. The other endings are lacking.

Before I continue on my rant about the endings, I gotta say the BIGGEST flaw in them is the lack of impact that pursuing (or not) the silverhand side-quests has. Let's see:
1. Misty says one of the pills slows the process, but blocks Johnny and the other speeds it up, but let's him take control.
2. There are very few occasions when you can actually take the first pill and you never take the second unless you pursue Johnny's side quests.
3. In the end, no matter the choices, Alt says the changes made to the body by the chip AND the "aggressive, invasive medications" made your body uninhabitable to your own mind.

I mean... WHAT? What fucking medications are you talking about, when someone plays through without surrendering control of the body? This right here is the biggest hole in this mess CDPR made trying to pretend choices in this game matter.

Let's see the other endings. The merc ending is okish, with the very problematic lack of variation, especially since Kerry seems to be the only of the romance paths that doesn't end in break up (couldn't find the River one). Considering there is only one romance for every combination of the binary gender/sexual orientation pair, this is problematic.
Speaking of romance, it is very strange that only Panam and Judy's path offer an alternative to the merc path to stay with them. No settling down with River in the trailer park? No traveling on tour with Kerry? "The retire and enjoy the time left" endings are missing.

Now for the "good" endings, they are also ok, the Panam one being more meaningful in my opinion, finding a family in the Aldercados and the "open to an unlikely miracle cure" vibe. I just feel that even then, even when you dive the deepest into the relationships, it still leaves me with a feeling of distance between V and Panam (what's the problem they have with the L word?). But I guess this is more of a character development problem than the ending per se.

In summary, I feel like there should be at least double the amount of unique endings, and there definitely should be a LOT more impact of the choices made during the campaign. Some endings also need a little more polish. Overall this felt like a good story, but it's very, very ordinary. This is the word I would use to sum it up and this worries me a lot more than the bugs, because the bugs will be fixed by next year and I doubt we'll see any changes to the story.
Think there is a lot of people having issues with romances and the endings in that exact respect, where is the L? If anything, it highlights that there wasn't enough time for romances or the main story in general.

Man, on my second play-through I ran into those two monks again. The one where the brother was augmented. And you can ask them about whether a construct is a person with a soul, and they basically said that "if you suffer, you're a person."

Well at least we established that everyone here is a person.

Yeah lot of contradicting info in those sides, its like the small quest with that vending machine S.C.S.M "Brendan" that basically says that to him you appear already dead but living like a "glitch" written by a highly skilled netrunner.

Guest 4490510

i think the engramm of johnny is shreded but your brain was still altert by the chip so johnny is still inside your head so when you get soulkilled also johnny somehwat is soulkilled
I mean after that ending, I saw the chair and etc, but I have now my side missions with johny there so yeah It´s weird because I like the guy I like his personality, I didn´t want him to die but anyway, so he is still on my chip right?

Top Bottom