[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters

Guest 4490510

I'm sorry what? Johhny isn't dead, he is removed with the chip most likely in Arasaka ending. I don't get it what do you mean by side missions. You do realize once you are finished with the main mission you are put back into your last save, so you can't get rid of him.
you right so that means I still have johny with me and I can do the ending over and over again, right?

The reason many were hyped for Cyberpunk (me included) is because of TW3, which was a great game. Now we have seen that Cyberpunk is not that great, so there is no more reason to be excited for any cdpr releases. Cyberpunk has to be fixed first, definitely not through a paid expansion.
I think it's too soon to draw conclusions, they'll make paid expansions like B&W they said.
I don't think it would fit an expansion to find a cure for V, it might take a long ass time, I think it's more fitting of a scenario of a full game instead.
TW3 was great for me because of overlapping and branching story arches of different recurring characters that have been influenced by your actions or their own actions, if V dies, CP78 will have none of that.

The reason many were hyped for Cyberpunk (me included) is because of TW3, which was a great game. Now we have seen that Cyberpunk is not that great, so there is no more reason to be excited for any cdpr releases. Cyberpunk has to be fixed first, definitely not through a paid expansion.
I don't think even EA has lied as much as them on a release. Yes, it's lying too at this point, because they have been releasing marketing material all the way up to release.

I think it's too soon to draw conclusions, they'll make paid expansions like B&W they said.
I don't think it would fit an expansion to find a cure for V, it might take a long ass time, I think it's more fitting of a scenario of a full game instead.
TW3 was great for me because of overlapping and branching story arches of different recurring characters that have been influenced by your actions or their own actions, if V dies, CP78 will have none of that.
I don't agree entirely, gta games are great, and they always have new characters. If they release an expansion in the current state it would be considered as missing content, especially if it involves V.

Guest 4490510

I dont think CDPR is mocking anyone here. I migth be that there is something hidden there, but also just that theses textes are ment to make you think a bit about youself. Philosophicaly, i mean !

WARNING HEAVY SPOILERS !

I personally don't see the point of this topic, there is one ! The one where you bike off with the nomads and especially if judy is coming along with ya ! It’s quite the lesson i find and one which i loved and made my cry, enjoy the little thing while you can and count on family to help wherever they can !

Sure there is this whole " you got only 6 month to live because biological nonsesne ( and im a biologist and its realy fucking non sensical what they try to bring on to justify it ... even just a critical person can see the big holes in there i guess )

I mean, you ride off with your love and in the last scenes with the family ( panam and mitch ) you learn that they will pull any string possible to help !

I have the HEAVY feeling this is an opening for future DLC where V might be finally completely cured!

And this feeling is even stronger after having seen all the other endings ! Every one lets the possibility of V returning (be it for arasaka soul bank, from the deep web with Johnny's lover or vi returning form the badlands, spacestating with à handy solution near
:p

nb: except for the scuicide ending of course !
Finnaly someone that know Physics and can tell us anything, well, I know that in the closer future will be always cure for something and anything, and 6 months of death is just an ending for a game for people buy it, It´s marketing ya feel me, but I mean it really kills Johny Silverhand? because I am so confused, do they remove the chip from the brain of V but what happens to the johny? I am confused because I see him in side missions and my latest save was before the ending mission. what are your thoughts?

I don't agree entirely, gta games are great, and they always have new characters. If they release an expansion in the current state it would be considered as missing content, especially if it involves V.
To each their own, honestly I thought GTA 5 story was terrible and its character cast was bad, I preferred Niko or CJ, having different peeps isn't the problem, it's hitting the nail right in the spot each time however if you have the same characters which you continue to improve over-time you'll have a legion of loyal people and fans that want to continue those stories, that would buy those games purely to continue, say, Panam's or Judy's romance, just like people did that for Triss and Yen.

I'm just gonna be real here, unless they release that ridiculous 2022 dlc, or a new lands DLC it will probably all be considered cut and recycled content. It probably actually would be too. :shrug:

I don't think even EA has lied as much as them on a release. Yes, it's lying too at this point, because they have been releasing marketing material all the way up to release.
Exactly, I went over many of the issues and missing features while I was playing because I was still having fun, but the ending is the one thing I can't get past, literally (no endgame).
Post automatically merged:

To each their own, honestly I thought GTA 5 story was terrible and its character cast was bad, I preferred Niko or CJ, having different peeps isn't the problem, it's hitting the nail right in the spot each time however if you have the same characters which you continue to improve over-time you'll have a legion of loyal people and fans that want to continue those stories, that would buy those games purely to continue, say, Panam's or Judy's romance, just like people did that for Triss and Yen.
I mean one of the reasons I dislike the ending is that those characters are literally leaving NC (Judy), so I know I won't be seeing them again.

Finnaly someone that know Physics and can tell us anything, well, I know that in the closer future will be always cure for something and anything, and 6 months of death is just an ending for a game for people buy it, It´s marketing ya feel me, but I mean it really kills Johny Silverhand? because I am so confused, do they remove the chip from the brain of V but what happens to the johny? I am confused because I see him in side missions and my latest save was before the ending mission. what are your thoughts?
The game was meant to be played b4 point of no return, after that you load the save before you enter the elevator, this is not meant to be afaik and is a bug, you were supposed to keep all the loot you gathered and just started off without main quest available.
Johnny in sidequests is often what makes them funny/enjoyable tbf because alot of times you'd just be there silently by yourself but I guess to each their own.
So tl:dr as of right now you can only load saves before point of no return, i think it's yet another bugged feature.

I mean one of the reasons I dislike the ending is that those characters are literally leaving NC (Judy), so I know I won't be seeing them again.
That's what you think also there aren't many big cities, there's like 10 big cities in America more or less, they're kinda like city-states kind of, most states are just nomad smuggling routes.
Judy and Panam are too good to be scrapped and nobody hints the fact that you'll never see River, Kerry, Judy etc ever again we just don't because hurr durr open ending that we don't know if it's canon or not!
So yes we might not see them in CP77, maybe expansion but I bet they'll be recurring if V is kept.
Either way I'm out for tonight.

They can always come back. In the Streetkid lifepath, even V came back after leaving NC

Judy and Panam are too good to be scrapped
Yes. If you look at Social Media or on this forum, people really like them. There is no reason to remove them

That's what you think also there aren't many big cities, there's like 10 big cities in America afaik, most states are just nomad smuggling routes.
Pretty much also why I see the Panam ending as not being "happy" it's like we are leaving the game world or "glitching" outside the map. There is nothing outside Night City (only space)

All the seven ends are really dark and sad. Like really. we need a happy ending.

Edit: What do you think of the alternative endings, all of them are sad, and from what I see that people want at least one a happy one, atleast like a Top secret-Easter Egg, at least to achieve it with legendary clothes and level 50, or at least in extreme hard mode. What would be the best idea to fit?
Gonna be real with you: any other ending where V does not die would do, sad or happy.

While I felt really sad with all the endings, I mostly felt like they tarnished the game, soured it, but not only because they are sad, but because they undermine all of our efforts, all of the endings are just the writers spitting on our faces and telling us that the several hours we spent engaged in the story and doing mission after mission to try and save V were for nothing, that, in the end, everything we did was meaningless, pointless.

I feel sad because the ending is sad, yes, but I felt even more sad that there was no realization, no reward, no nothing... We went to every place, to know everyone, to do everything in our power, in the hopes of finding something, in the hopes of saving someone, which we never found, we never saved, and those hours, those feelings (for those whom were engaged on the story), all that effort, is wasted, and it won't ever come back. That is the real sad thing here.

Another point:

Honestly, you create characters like Judy and Panam, River and Kerry, who are sexualized to a degree (half the reddit posts are about Panam's butt) and then you cut them in 6 of 7 endings?

-> Simps picking up the forks and torches.

CDPR: Pikachuface.jpg

(Maybe a little /s)

Speaking of that, I can't remember if I posted it in this thread, I probably did... But anyone find it odd that the straight male/lesbian romance options (which are obviously directed at their target audience) just so happen to have the best conclusion in the nomad ending that the community largely thinks is the "best" ending? :rolleyes:

Judy even breaks up with you in the end credits of the Arasaka ending, apparently.

Speaking of that, I can't remember if I posted it in this thread, I probably did... But anyone find it odd that the straight male/lesbian romance options (which are obviously directed at their target audience) just so happen to have the best conclusion in the nomad ending that the community largely thinks is the "best" ending? :rolleyes:
Thought about that too.

Judy even breaks up with you in the end credits of the Arasaka ending, apparently.
Oh they knew exactly what they were doing, it's why many people think that the "Panam" ending is good, when it obviously isn't, they are just blinded by the fact that they are riding with Panam, with Judy by their side.

Oh they knew exactly what they were doing, it's why many think that "Panam" ending is good, when it obviously isn't, they are just blinded by the fact that they are riding with Panam, with Judy by their side.
I wonder if people would think so highly of that ending, or all the endings in general, if their romance ended like all the others? :think:

Yeah and it is a shame. Of course the main playerbase will be straight males, but in this era of widespread equality and for a game that plays in a dystopian futute where this matter should be trivial, it feels very narrow-minded.

Again, it should be possible to achieve an ending that caters to everyone. At least it should be when you offer more than 1.

I wonder if people would think so highly of that ending, or all the endings in general, if their romance ended like all the others? :think:

I am absolutely digging Panam and still think her ending is bad.
Mainly because your romance will be donezo in 6 months anyways.
In a way that is even more cruel than going separate ways.

Exactly what I came here to say about the 'best' ending...

Ladies go with you, guys don't. Really? Understandable in one case, being part of that group, but really?

Also, just one guy for my straight gal? I miss Dragon Age now, ha. :censored:

In addition, the two guys are stuck in side jobs you can miss? C'mon...

I won't lie, I probably wouldn't have minded the Arasaka ending as much as I did (still bad) if the credits scene didn't have a clip of Judy basically saying that she's leaving NC.

Not that it matters anyway, it was probably done that way because you can't interact with any of the characters (like you would in GTA for example) after you finish the game (go bowling, play darts etc...)

Top Bottom