[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
I don't think the damage is so heavy. Hanako would not make Vi ridiculous offer of a job in Arasaka for last 6 months if she knew Vi can't do the job. Maybe she\he can't assemble that cube but it's not disabled.

Of course, it is very frustrating, but Johnny as we could see was still Johnny becoming an Engram. Therefore, Vi won't change a lot.

V is constantly tired and can't last 2 seconds on a treadmill - seemed pretty disabled to me.

I don't know if people understand this but V definitely died when they got shot by Dex. The relic 'rebooting' our body is via nanites, which explains the span of several hours it took for us to wake up. This caused irreparable damage to our neural network, and was already in the process of converting our brain. From this point in the story to the end, you are on borrowed time. Use it wisely.

V is an echo to Johnny. Not exactly the same perhaps, but similar in their life-paths, start from nothing, becoming infamous, and dying as a result of their actions. Unlike Johnny we have the ability to see that all our family, friends, or even enemies are dealt with before we go. We even get to help him out with the few people that are still around (except Henry, ditched that guy in every play-through thus far). Each ending is to see how your V sees to their loose ends. Not to somehow overcome the inevitable. Will you die a scoundrel who pushes everyone away? Will you become known for your kindness around Night City? Are you a cassanova who tried to romance every character? Up to you. The end is just the closing of a book, it does not define its contents.

Though obviously a future DLC could add an additional ending, or additional story content beyond particular ending routes.
I understand that, but people have problem with 7 endings where V dies. As I said what is point of this RPG? To give me exclusive expirence how does it fell to choose my favourite way to die?

So much theorycrafting about making V survive. Like I, personally, don't understand why he has to survive. Endings bring a very powerful message, especially if you do suicide or do corpo slave route or allow Johnny to take over. The dialogs, the messages, the music. It is a very strong message. Yet here we are demanding some "better" ending.

The powerful message is "Please love Johnny" and "Nothing you did mattered in the end".

You die, and in some endings you take a lot of other people like Saul and Rogue with you. Arasaka stock dips slightly if we attack them. Wow, what an impact.

The powerful message is "Please love Johnny" and "Nothing you did mattered in the end".

You die, and in some endings you take a lot of other people like Saul and Rogue with you. Arasaka stock dips slightly if we attack them. Wow, what an impact.
Also dont forget your body is now Jhonnys. You can give it to him

I don't know if people understand this but V definitely died when they got shot by Dex. The relic 'rebooting' our body is via nanites, which explains the span of several hours it took for us to wake up. This caused irreparable damage to our neural network, and was already in the process of converting our brain. From this point in the story to the end, you are on borrowed time. Use it wisely.

V is an echo to Johnny. Not exactly the same perhaps, but similar in their life-paths, start from nothing, becoming infamous, and dying as a result of their actions. Unlike Johnny we have the ability to see that all our family, friends, or even enemies are dealt with before we go. We even get to help him out with the few people that are still around (except Henry, ditched that guy in every play-through thus far). Each ending is to see how your V sees to their loose ends. Not to somehow overcome the inevitable. Will you die a scoundrel who pushes everyone away? Will you become known for your kindness around Night City? Are you a cassanova who tried to romance every character? Up to you. The end is just the closing of a book, it does not define its contents.

Though obviously a future DLC could add an additional ending, or additional story content beyond particular ending routes.
So this is another "journey" shitty game where you gotta accept the fact you gonna die and make the most of it? Okay so why the fk would there be gigs then, why are the romancing options so miniscule? Why on earth game would keep pushing us for a solution and give us hidden messages about survival. Buy cars, new cyberware, what does that add to the journey of supposed "enlightment" It doesn't make any sense. Johnny screwed himself in the tower, he also killed thousands of innocent people, but he gets another persons life time? Is it really a good journey with the end where you will leave loved people and friends alone in the world after 6 months?

if you wanna make a story about how it's about doing something meaningful with borrowed time, make a movie, write a book, make a game on railroad without open world to explore. Game is structured around replay value, multiple playthroughs, yet they all ends up the same way.

Also as a game advertised as an RPG with possible choices which ends up the same is pretty bloody bad.

Don't forget the fact that Saburo was chocked to death and how long it took for them to upload his dead brain to Mikoshi, but he turned out fine.

To end this, if it is really the idea of the story/game, then I can clearly say that this is the edgiest god damn writing I have ever seen in my life. Fuq me but also fuck the game then.

If that's all you can see that is OK, no sweat. But I still laid you a perfect answer to how to solve your ending issue you have so much issues with.

So much theorycrafting about making V survive. Like I, personally, don't understand why he has to survive. Endings bring a very powerful message, especially if you do suicide or do corpo slave route or allow Johnny to take over. The dialogs, the messages, the music. It is a very strong message. Yet here we are demanding some "better" ending.
An ending where you die is not automatically powerful just because you die.

I have a question that I'd like you to really think about: Why do you think people love RDR where the protagonist dies, but hate this?

If that's all you can see that is OK, no sweat. But I still laid you a perfect answer to how to solve your ending issue you have so much issues with.
Its okay if you like end where you die. Its okay to choose that option if you want to. But this being open world RPG game and fact that people like me dont have choice other than death is not okay. If this was linear game fine, I wouldnt complan, but they had time to make 7 dark and imo very sad endings but didnt have time or a way to scrip a nicer one? Come on now. Even if you go solo through Arisaka and suck Jhonnies dick you get same BS

I disagree that all the endings are sad ones.

Yes, most are. That said, the Aldecaldo ending is the happy one.
True, it does not unequivocally state "V is cured of their disease and lives happily ever after", but the hints are there - especially during the credits. Misty's Tarot reading (The Chariot, The Lovers and The Sun).

The Chariot: direction, control, willpower
The Lovers: partnerships, duality, union
The Sun: joy, success, celebration, positivity (also listed as
Success, happiness, all will be well)

The game hints a LOT that the tarot are meant to mean more than just something Misty does to pass the time. The quest implies there's someone out there to help you make meaning out of life (i.e. the writers/devs).

So in the Aldecaldo ending, where you "fight on" as Johnny suggests, that's exactly what happens.
I also interpret the recordings during the credits to have occurred AFTER you were supposedly going to kick the bucket, especially Judy's if you romanced her as female V.

You may take it how you wish, of course, but that's my interpretation. Or in other words for the endings (in my personal definition of "happiest to saddest"

1.) Aldecaldo ending - You go back to world of the living, leave with the Nomads and your romantic partner (depending) at your side. With the resources of a full haul of tech and the unique insight of those you encounter in Arizona, you manage to beat the odds and live happily with your new, extended family (also keep in mind that, for all intents and purposes, V has no family prior to all this and all other endings finish without them having one as well.)
2.) Johnny ending - Any ending that ends with Johnny in your body. A happy ending, so to speak, for Johnny but not you.
3.) Go Big ending - The one that see V's initial desire to be "BIG" in Night City as their main draw. Makes sense that V would spend their days going down in an absurd heist in the stars if you stuck to that "Want to be immortal as a legend"
4.) Arasoka Ending - The "easy" ending as it requires no side quests to be done, which is very telling that (using RPG logic) that it is not MEANT to be a happy or "true" ending. This can end with you in Mikoshi (technically still alive as an engram, sort of) or going back home to live out your final 6 months.
5.) Suicide Ending - The absolute darkest ending.

I have a question that I'd like you to really think about: Why do you think people love RDR where the protagonist dies, but hate this?
Well, I despise RDR so well, try again. Whole Cyberpunk is about the fact that only thing that can win is corporation. Not any human, engram, whatever. Corporation. And here we are stuck with asking why V dying in every ending is bad ending. ME3 endings where not that great because they made no sense. In one, Shepard even lives, pretty OK ending.

But here, one of main messages is: alone - you are no one. Come from nowhere. And will die like any other. No matter what you do - unless you generate new Arasaka like Saburo did by creating world most powerful organization and doing inhumane research on the side in what is game timeline - you are fucked. Either you die like a dog meaning you struggled against CORPOs and lost, leash yourself to CORPO becoming another worthless cog in the machine or let Johnny's engram a second chance at life with what he learned with his experience with V.

Your progress only changes how many will be with V in the end dying and who will accompany V dying. Which is a very disturbing in its own right situation that, for some reason, does not make folks really think about it.

Well, I despise RDR so well, try again. Whole Cyberpunk is about the fact that only thing that can win is corporation. Not any human, engram, whatever. Corporation. And here we are stuck with asking why V dying in every ending is bad ending. ME3 endings where not that great because they made no sense. In one, Shepard even lives, pretty OK ending.

But here, one of main messages is: alone - you are no one. Come from nowhere. And will die like any other. No matter what you do - unless you generate new Arasaka like Saburo did by creating world most powerful organization and doing inhumane research on the side in what is game timeline - you are fucked. Either you die like a dog meaning you struggled against CORPOs and lost, leash yourself to CORPO becoming another worthless cog in the machine or let Johnny's engram a second chance at life with what he learned with his experience with V.

Your progress only changes how many will be with V in the end dying and who will accompany V dying. Which is a very disturbing in its own right situation that, for some reason, does not make folks really think about it.
That is not what Cyberpunk world is about.

A perfect answer? :giveup:

In your post you made a lot of cobbled together assumptions, that's all....

An ending where you die is not automatically powerful just because you die.

Who said everybody loved it? I hated it equally, even more cause there MC just outright died. For me game that ends badly is outright bad game. Games suppsed to give most fundamental thing: joy. Bad endings doesn't give it. At least for me.

And pplz are outraged about CP77 endings cause CDPR promised we will be able to shape the story and decide how it ends. While in reality it doesn't matter what we do. It ends same way. Shitty.

I disagree that all the endings are sad ones.

Yes, most are. That said, the Aldecaldo ending is the happy one.
True, it does not unequivocally state "V is cured of their disease and lives happily ever after", but the hints are there - especially during the credits. Misty's Tarot reading (The Chariot, The Lovers and The Sun).

The Chariot: direction, control, willpower
The Lovers: partnerships, duality, union
The Sun: joy, success, celebration, positivity (also listed as
Success, happiness, all will be well)

The game hints a LOT that the tarot are meant to mean more than just something Misty does to pass the time. The quest implies there's someone out there to help you make meaning out of life (i.e. the writers/devs).

So in the Aldecaldo ending, where you "fight on" as Johnny suggests, that's exactly what happens.
I also interpret the recordings during the credits to have occurred AFTER you were supposedly going to kick the bucket, especially Judy's if you romanced her as female V.

You may take it how you wish, of course, but that's my interpretation. Or in other words for the endings (in my personal definition of "happiest to saddest"

1.) Aldecaldo ending - You go back to world of the living, leave with the Nomads and your romantic partner (depending) at your side. With the resources of a full haul of tech and the unique insight of those you encounter in Arizona, you manage to beat the odds and live happily with your new, extended family (also keep in mind that, for all intents and purposes, V has no family prior to all this and all other endings finish without them having one as well.)
2.) Johnny ending - Any ending that ends with Johnny in your body. A happy ending, so to speak, for Johnny but not you.
3.) Go Big ending - The one that see V's initial desire to be "BIG" in Night City as their main draw. Makes sense that V would spend their days going down in an absurd heist in the stars if you stuck to that "Want to be immortal as a legend"
4.) Arasoka Ending - The "easy" ending as it requires no side quests to be done, which is very telling that (using RPG logic) that it is not MEANT to be a happy or "true" ending. This can end with you in Mikoshi (technically still alive as an engram, sort of) or going back home to live out your final 6 months.
5.) Suicide Ending - The absolute darkest ending.
Inside me are two wolves

One cannot let Soulkiller go
The other cannot let Soulkiller go

I cannot let Soulkiller go

They could have pulled it off pretty easy if they would have incorporated The Countdown and the pills. Say some choices in sidequests would increase the Countdown % and others would decrease it. So you would have to choose carefully. And by the end, depending on % of the Countdown tarot card, it would alternate if either V lives, lives with 6 months set timer or die. Other simple solution would have been pills or some tech that slows it down and some gigs and sidequests would give you them with correct decisions.
interesting idea. Simple and interesting. A like it.

In your post you made a lot of cobbled together assumptions, that's all....
Wait wait, doing exactly the same thing that happened with V but to another body is not an answer? Create a relic, because we have everything to do it. Create V engram. Alt can do it, Arasaka can do it. Put engram into new relic. Get recently dead body - slot relic - damage brain - power the chip - new V coming in some time.

What is there not working in this logic?

They could have solved that secret ending thingy easily. Let Johnny keep the body and upload V into full FBC Gemini body. Then both of them would be "alive". Deus Ex machina perfect ending. At least close to it.

Nope. Wrong. Go back to start, let me help you:
“Cyberpunk is political, but it’s not political in a blue-state-red-state-conservative-liberal [way],” he says. “It is basically [that] people deserve to be able to get a decent meal, live in a decent place and do all that if they’re willing to work for it, and not get screwed over by people more powerful than they are, who may not need to even screw them over, but are doing it on principle because they think they can do it.”

Thankfully, in the game at least, that’s where the heroes come in. “Characters in Cyberpunk are heroes, and survive and do well because they are willing to fight for family or friends, for their neighbourhoods,” Pondsmith tells us.

This is from an interview with Pondsmith on Dec 9th, 2020. I hope you know who Pondsmith is.

Yep. As you said in your other post, hopeless. There is literally NO purpose after learning of the endings (or unfortunately spoiled) to ever want to continue with the story. Finding out there is literally no way to save yourself - currently without dlc - removes all initiative. I was unfortunately spoiled, but I don't know what's worse. Find out after the fact that nothing you did mattered, or before the fact that nothing you do will matter.

I already deleted my character. I'll keep playing, but I'll restart as a corpo or something, where I can play as a character where one of these endings is fitting. I am so disappointed.. I seriously, SERIOUSLY hope a DLC fixes this in some way. I'd probably prefer a mid-game DLC where we can fix this completely, rather than salvage the scraps afterwards.
With the rumors of the two legal action lawsuits against CD Project RED I would not hope too much for more content other than basic bug fixes. But there is some poetic justice here: - The top executives involved in the Cyberpunk 2077 release scam will also have to pick from 7 bad endings.

Top Bottom