[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
If that is the case they did amasing job. I feel sad, empty, shitty, hopeless, I wonder why did I do side missons, why did I bother to romance. 10/10 would not play again. if V really dies game is dead to me. I wont come back for multiplayer because that is not why I bought this game
I hate the endings, but I never thought they were meant to be continued. That's why I'm here asking for a new/better ending. I won't be playing any cdpr games either, unless they fix this one.

I'm not most amused to have a multitude of endings with the same finale, to be honest, but the odds were stacked against V from the moment Johnny took over. Perhaps if the game had been marketed with the emphasis on not actually having the character created by choice as the main protagonist I'd have been informed enough to save £50 :shrug:
Agree..

That's hardly an essay, but I digress - the simple fact of the matter is that people wanted a cut-and-dry "everyone lives happily ever after" ending. This game doesn't give THAT.

People complain the game isn't complex enough, but turn around and complain about complex endings.
There aren't RPG endings, either, there are punishments and the right ending*, there's no complexity here. Where's the ending where we get to live on as a powerful Corpo that sides with Arasaka instead of doing the "right thing"? Nope, the Arasaka ending is still just some moralizing bullshit about how your relationships are ruined and you're going to die anyway. Do more side quests, get more Johnny Points(TM) if you want the objectively better ending*.

*Ignoring Soulkiller.

I will add this:

I think the solution is another Relic, depending on which ending you take. That's another reason I think the Aldecaldo ending will eventually lead to V's survival, as they have looted a ton of Arosaka tech (including another chip, which by the credits they don't know they have yet).

V is an engram in this ending, as per Alt. So they plug her engram into a Relic, and insert it back into her body.
Yes, it's painful - the new Relic working to rewrite the body to match V's engram, just as the previous one made changes to V's body for Johnny's. V's friends and family look after them, hoping for the best - and V does, in the end, come out okay. Probably physical therapy, need for implants as some parts of the body are messed up, but survives. Thrives.

(I know, that's my spin on it - but I don't know why the option of finding another Relic was never suggested, especially after V is turned into an engram).

I hate the endings, but I never thought they were meant to be continued. That's why I'm here asking for a new/better ending. I won't be playing any cdpr games either, unless they fix this one.
We all are asking for one option to have happy ending. Well most of us are at least. The ones who like current endings I am glad for you. Leave the rest of get what we wish for... I also wont be playing moree of their games if they dont fix this one

Because I just talked about the books in game.

There's yet another book featured in the game, namely Homer's "The Iliad". The most prominent hero in this ancient Greek poem is Achilles.

Achilles is the best example for the choice that Dex gives us in the beginning of the game: "Go out in a blaze of glory, or have a long, quiet life as a nobody".

Achilles, in the story, chose the glory. Slaying Troy's greatest hero and driving their armies before him, ultimately being killed himself by an arrow to his only vulnerable spot during the sack of the city.

V is faced with the same choice in the game. But if V goes for the glory it's not a blaze, but a whimper.

In the movie Troy, there is a beautiful line by Achilles, which did not come from the original text, but which underlines that the script writers understood Homer's intention:

Achilles:
I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again.

A young V, dying, but earning everlasting fame and shaking the foundations of Night City to the core. That would have been an ending I could live with.

There aren't RPG endings, either, there are punishments and the right ending*, there's no complexity here. Where's the ending where we get to live on as a powerful Corpo that sides with Arasaka instead of doing the "right thing"? Nope, the Arasaka ending is still just some moralizing bullshit about how your relationships are ruined and you're going to die anyway. Do more side quests, get more Johnny Points(TM) if you want the objectively better ending*.

*Ignoring Soulkiller.
I had at some point like 10% relationship with him lol. Most of the time he drove me insaine

That's hardly an essay, but I digress - the simple fact of the matter is that people wanted a cut-and-dry "everyone lives happily ever after" ending. This game doesn't give THAT.

People complain the game isn't complex enough, but turn around and complain about complex endings.
The game tells you that you inevitably die in 6 months, in every single ending. There is no complexity to it. You can't advertise the game as having choices, when every single choice is the same, that's called a scam.

Have you watched the Arasaka ending? because you are literally told that Arasaka became gods (because of your help). Also, if you choose to give Johnny your body, you literally bring a terrorist to life, lol. If you wanna kill Johnny then you have to kill yourself.
Well that was up to you wasnt it? I went with nomad ending, I didnt make arisaka stronger I didnt bring terrorist to life? Why punish me

The game tells you that you inevitably die in 6 months, in every single ending. There is no complexity to it. You can't advertise the game as having choices, when every single choice is the same, that's called a scam.

So what happened is V has Covid. It explains the sparse population, odd story hitches, poor driving ability. Covid was never cured and it's a giant cover-up. ;)

that's just false hope, if we stay silent hey won't know that there is a problem.

not a false hope, in logical terms they cannot leave the game in this state.

The replayability is destroyed

you find legendary equipment in panam ending that u cannot take back

story is incomplete

this game will last long is stupid think that V story ends here. They're just using a cliffhanger technique, this takes to:

-theory crafting

-rant

= people talk about the game, their purpose

-the game was released way too incomplete

Well that was up to you wasnt it? I went with nomad ending, I didnt make arisaka stronger I didnt bring terrorist to life? Why punish me
You made Alt, an AI very strong. Not only that, you also connected Johnny to her, so you might have created a ticking bomb in cyberspace.

A young V living, but having achieved nothing, still being a low level merc for hire that never left any impact on Nigh City, trying each day to make ends meet...That would have an Ending I could live with

Yes, that should have been the nobody ending. That or becoming a faceless suit in the Arasaka corp again.

Yet none of these endings are realized, despite the game literally bombarding us with the stuff about Glorious Death vs Life as Nobody.

Honestly I gotta ask. What are chances that they will put some statment like we hear you we will see what can we do? Or anything else

So the chat with Jhonny after the crazy guy who wants to be crucified.

You can ask him if he believes that constructs still have a soul.

He answers that to him, he is he basically. So either he doesn't care or he feels that nothing changed.

I do feel going with the story where V is placed in engram is a better choice for a story in a way of course with the fact that V doesn't have 6 months expiration date.

Top Bottom