[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
There comes a time when the amount of plot you have to outright invent to maintain that a character is lying is just unsustainable.
Maybe. I'm just guessing. Really, do we have other sources to prove Alt's words? Why must we trust her at all?
I'm not trying desperately to save this endings, nor to defend the developers from rightly deserved disappointment of players, just nitpicking. And lack of plot ibformation, details and outright holes are plenty.

Alt is good in 2020 canon, she made a haven for victims of soulkiller (her own project).
The blackwall wasn't created -for- her, she went there because it's the only place where netwatch & Arasaka cannot trace her and put her in Mikoshi again after she had escaped (and recaptured like twice already).
Way more powerful AIs than Alt are beyond the wall and they're constantly trying to break in and they inevitably will as they keep advancing in technology and power.
There was a "war" already between rogue AIs and netrunners I think, which is when the BICE (Black ICE) was put in place for the blackwall.

Perfect. I supposed she was "good" and all. Perfect because it makes for the also rather typical "fallen saviour" trope. That started with good intentions, but got corrupted over time as s/he saw that none of the actions ever advanced anything good etc., nothing changed, quite contrary, Arasaka becomes ever more powerful, Saburo going for immortality using that technology etc

Fits like a glove.

On top she is even the former lover of an important character who is "companion" (and kind of anti-hero/legend of this world) to our main protagonist.

Perfect. I supposed she was "good" and all. Perfect because it makes for the also rather typical "fallen saviour" trope. That started with good intentions, but got corrupted over time as s/he saw that none of the actions ever advanced anything good etc., nothing changed, quite contrary, Arasaka becomes ever more powerful, Saburo going for immortality using that technology etc

Fits like a glove.

On top she is even the former lover of an important character who is "companion" (and kind of anti-hero/legend of this world) to our main protagonist.
I think she's not "good" she's more the AI kind of "good" the one that excuses anything for the sake of survival/progress.
She makes it clear that she'll absorb all the souls in Mikoshi and doesn't even deny it but at the same time, it's the only way those souls can live.

Maybe. I'm just guessing. Really, do we have other sources to prove Alt's words? Why must we trust her at all?
I'm not trying desperately to save this endings, nor to defend the developers from rightly deserved disappointment of players, just nitpicking. And lack of plot ibformation, details and outright holes are plenty.
Her goal is pretty clearly just to get access to Arasaka. She doesn't pretend to be your friend or care about you at all, she even tells you what she offers in exchange, Soulkiller to separate you and Johnny, isn't a very good solution to V's problem. You just can't comment on it because the game gets more rushed and linear as it goes on to shoehorn you into the endings.

I think she's not "good" she's more the AI kind of "good" the one that excuses anything for the sake of survival/progress.
She makes it clear that she'll absorb all the souls in Mikoshi and doesn't even deny it but at the same time, it's the only way those souls can live.

And after 50 years as an AI in cyberspace she seized to be human for good, became alien to human moral and ethics. Long gone are the young woman with nice butt(

Ok, I am just tired of trying to explain why all the endings can't be called "unhappy".

Here is another argument:
I don't know how someone dares to call this ending not happy:

Ok, I am just tired of trying to explain why all the endings can't be called "unhappy".

One little problem - walking corpse doesn't need no asses anymore.
Making a goddamn hospice out of your friends can't be a happy ending by any terms.

I'm going to blow your mind here.
Do you know what's better than seeing hot butt for six months? Seeing it for years.
You know what is better than seing it for years? Being immortal, and immortality was for the taking, CDPR just decided it was too much work to make actually 7 different endings. It was easier to make 7 lazy variants of same ending. I would prefer they did 3 endings, but make them good. Old style, 1 good, 1 bad, 1 neutral but make them like a proper endings, not rushed.... proper.

This only happens after Soulkiller, though. Some clonecuckery

You know what is better than seing it for years? Being immortal, and immortality was for the taking, CDPR just decided it was too much work to make actually 7 different endings. It was easier to make 7 lazy variants of same ending.

Making immortal, no i dont think that is a good idea. I would love an ending, maybe in possible sequels, where V becomes an "old fox". V is not a legend, but V knows more than any other merc or fixer and nobody really wanna mess with V. That is the ending of V i would like, not in this game, but overall chatacters end.

Agree, but among other endings, this is a happy one.

Cmon guys why so serious?

I skipped the romane guides and played by ear. I played as straight male V and really liked Judy... only to be politely refused, because she is pure lesbian, no bi. Sad(((

Making immortal, no i dont think that is a good idea. I would love an ending, maybe in possible sequels, where V becomes an "old fox". V is not a legend, but V knows more than any other merc or fixer and nobody really wanna mess with V. That is the ending of V i would like, not in this game, but overall chatacters end.

Well immortality is not for everybody, but fact remains it was for the taking. If V become AI and could upload himself/herself to any FBC body he choose to use, V would be basically immortal. Destruction of the body/platform would mean nothing, V could just switch to different pupet.

I also really dislike these endings and even more so the lack of real choice. This is an RPG which markets choice and freedom as it's foundation and yet you can't save V no matter what. The Witcher 3 also had a relatively dark world and premise and yet in that game you could basically create whatever ending you wanted. Or at least it felt that way because those endings were more satisfying. People don't want to see their emotional investment go to waste and this is what it feels like when whatever choice we make, V can't survive just as we've been told the entire game. There's basically no plot twist, the game tells you you're a dead man walking and then you die...

That is the other big issue, endings are determined by who you fuq with and not your choices.
To be precise, no, nomad option becomes available if you complete their questline, romance Panam or not. And although you help a great deal to the Moxes, you can't enlist them to your army. Which would be a cherry of absurd on a pie of this plot).
And why can't we go solo, not risking Rogue or nomads, and then choose what to do: join nomads, stay in city, whatever

To be precise, no, nomad option becomes available if you complete their questline, romance Panam or not. And although you help a great deal to the Moxes, you can't enlist them to your army. Which would be a cherry of absurd on a pie of this plot).
And why can't we go solo, not risking Rogue or nomads, and then choose what to do: join nomads, stay in city, whatever
Beats the fuck outta me, but probaly that be not edgy enough, but idk.

I also really dislike these endings and even more so the lack of real choice. This is an RPG which markets choice and freedom as it's foundation and yet you can't save V no matter what. The Witcher 3 also had a relatively dark world and premise and yet in that game you could basically create whatever ending you wanted. Or at least it felt that way because those endings were more satisfying. People don't want to see their emotional investment go to waste and this is what it feels like when whatever choice we make, V can't survive just as we've been told the entire game. There's basically no plot twist, the game tells you you're a dead man walking and then you die...

Ahem, surely CD Red wanted to lecture you about the importance of life and what you do with it yadda yadda deep mature games-as-art.com and so on and so on...

Urgh...

Top Bottom