[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Ah yeah Meredith scene. That was so unexpected. I wnet in and was like, wait, what the fuck is goin on.
I can understand linear sex scene in Kingdom Come, where after rumble night with Godwin some village girl just mounted Henry who was too hangover to refuse. But here, in Cyberpunk, i expected at least simple "no" button. That was another moment of realization that CP77 is not, in fact, an RPG.

you are saying that you dislike Disney fairytale endings, but at the same time happy with the Panam ending, which is contradictory.
you are wrong.
It is not that shiny as you described: majority of your friends died along the way, and your relations with Panam are not clear, they almost broke up at their last dialogue.
But that ending is still good enough to be calm and it has a wide window for future hopes.

you are wrong.
It is not that shiny as you described: majority of your friends died along the way, and your relations with Panam are not clear, they almost break up at their last dialogue.
But that is still good enaugh to be calm and it has a wide window for future hopes.
Who cares about those friends? you were saying earlier how V got the girl and might have a child with her, isn't that what matters? According to your description it is indeed a Disney fairytale.

i think i'll just go with secret ending and let Johnny keep the body. V will join Alt as AI. It's prolly best ending in the end.

While we are at it.

In the endgame credits you get a bunch of characters talking to you, depending on which sidequests you finished.

There is the possibility to have Rogue appearing too.
She will appear and say something like "Huh, only voicemail, hmpf" implying that every message on there could not get through to you.

That overall feels like V died and couldnt answer the phone.
Mistys tarot cards telling you about a good life ahead of you feel like well-placed mockery at the end.

I think this is what made the ending even more depressing. You see all these great characters you met at some point, but you will not be able to interact with them ever again...

As for Meredith and Militech, i cannot help but see a giant wasted opportunity. Switch hard sex for talking biz, add quest chain where V secures the Militech support in an attack on Mikoshi. Leading proper operation of real corpo soldiers is much more believable than power fantasy solo, where V singlehandedly beats entire skyscraper full of Arasaka ninjas. Add some toxic flower between Johny and V about working with corps ( — Sold out, bitch? — Looks who's talking?).Make some move from Militech, who will try to dispose you at the end of the raid as spent active you totally are at this point, etc. That would be way cooler than nomads valiantly dying for your survival and some Arasaka gear, or Rogue flatlined by Smasher.

And i was personally just forced into choosing that.
I still don't understand why the fuck anyone HAVE to go with alt?
She broke the fourth wall and rewrote an entire plot. You can't judge an old digital girl for feeling boring). And for coercing V or Johny to join her. Funny thing is that we don't even have the option to join Alt with Johny, leaving body to rot. If we go all grimdark, why should we sent someone into V's body at all?

She broke the fourth wall and rewrote an entire plot. You can't judge an old digital girl for feeling boring). And for coercing V or Johny to join her. Funny thing is that we don't even have the option to join Alt with Johny, leaving body to rot. If we go all grimdark, why should we sent someone into V's body at all?
i mean why couldn't Johnny take the V's engram on some sort of media with him, or vice-versa? why should we sacrifice one or another to Alt?

Because she only needs one of them. V engram and Johnny at this point share all 'information' regarding memories etc. Whichever one she takes she's getting two libraries of information for the price of one. For a cold machine, she's logical, she doesn't need duplicate information showing the same viewpoints.

i mean why couldn't Johnny take the V's engram on some sort of media with him, or vice-versa? why should we sacrifice one or another to Alt?
Lack of proper flash drive nearby)
Post automatically merged:

Because she only needs one of them. V engram and Johnny at this point share all 'information' regarding memories etc. Whichever one she takes she's getting two libraries of information for the price of one. For a cold machine, she's logical, she doesn't need duplicate information showing the same viewpoints.
True enough, which once again shows who is in charge — Alt. Everything had been played out on her terms.

That could be a great sidequest which would actually influence the plot, don't ya think..?
Yeah. Collect, let's say, 1 million eddies and just purchase Relic 1.0. Enough to store engram, reliable mass-product tech. Yet another leverage to force player through all the gigs and restraint himself from buying cars)

Yeah. Collect, let's say, 1 million eddies and just purchase Relic 1.0. Enough to store engram, reliable mass-product tech. Yet another leverage to force player through all the gigs and restraint himself from buying cars)
Though i guess it's better to make a hard, challenging quest, which required some other quest to be made properly in order to even receive it, than just a "paywall"

So i just had a talk with my sister, who is a massive book reader of any sorts (I aint much of a book reader) . I asked her what she thinks of stories that are dark/grim and ends up grim. Basically what she said is that stories like that are not something that reader will enjoy and try to remember, because reader just like another consumer will read the story to experience something that is different than a real world, escape the real world. Also stories like that do exist, where everything is dark, but those stories follow real world and not supposedly fictional world.

Both of them don't want it, i guess.
Is it better than being in Micoshi? I doubt so. Even Arasaka has better chances to upload an engram in other body. Vi or Johnny would be trapped in this device forever.

Top Bottom