[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
A lot of people thought of idea about putting V in the new body. Yes, this is possible, but i just hope they wont go the "body jumping" route, like you can change i to any character you want, that completely disconnects player from the character you play.
Post automatically merged:

Lets hope that we get a good continuity.

Depends on how elegantly you do that. Though body-jumping etc, nope...agree. This is not Altered Carbon

But allowing the player to choose a new body could easily incorporated. And, in case a potential DLC is also playable/can be started without an old savestate from scratch, it would be even needed. And could be made part of the game and story.

Just some quick ideas:

Arasaka-Official: "Rise and shine, Ms. V. Welcome back. We have some work for you to do...I hope you enjoy your new body. Our sculptors can still make adjustments if you like..."

Shady Arizona Ripper-Doc: "Some nasty scars from that last gig you got there...did my best though to keep your pretty face. But if you wanna make some adjustments...well, I still owe you some. Gonna get a new nose for free, if you like!"

Or something like that...^^

Depends on how elegantly you do that. Though body-jumping etc, nope...agree. This is not Altered Carbon

But allowing the player to choose a new body could easily incorporated. And, in case a potential DLC is also playable/can be started without an old savestate from scratch, it would be even needed. And could be made part of the game and story.

Just some quick ideas:

Arasaka-Official: "Rise and shine, Ms. V. Welcome back. We have some work for you to do...I hope you enjoy your new body. Our sculptors can still make adjustments if you like..."

Shady Arizona Ripper-Doc: "Some nasty scars from that last gig you got there...did my best though to keep your pretty face. But if you wanna make some adjustments...well, I still owe you some. Gonna get a new nose for free, if you like!"

Or something like that...^^
That would defeat any purpose of playing mid game and gathering everything, level, money, guns.

I just hope there be a way to continue as current V. And if there is next game with V, they just could do what ME did.

Been a while, but thought I'd bring it up—to question if V is dead or not at all even when Soulkiller'd..

Would it be wise to say V is dead as an Engram, as a copy? Because the way it seems and by taking the real-world perspective into it - if we got our brains wiped and a 'copy' was put in its place, it would still be lights out for us because it's not us - we can only see from our own perspective. Game over, roll credits.

This doesn't happen in our games: V continues on as if nothing happened. We still see it from their perspective, and there's practically no differentiation from 'original V'.

My point is, if V was really dead then the game would have rolled credits the moment they get hit by it in Mikoshi. You cannot experience the conscious being of another, as was extrapolated by the element of the Twins during the boxing quest -- one brother overrode the mind of the other and the two bodies became one person, one mind - no distinct 'two identities' involved. One of them got his end-game credits.

It would have been the end of the game. Period.

Just a thought.
The game doesn't have any problem with shifting your perspectives -- you play as Johnny when V is supposed to be in the back seat, and you play as Johnny when V isn't even in the body any more. I don't think the continuation of gameplay actually answers the question.

Even so, nobody who refuses to believe that Soulkiller is death has been able to present a plausible alternative for what exactly Alt is warning you about WRT Soulkiller.

I guess the whole story before the endings wasn't grimdark enough for them. Kinslaying in arasaka, loosing a long-known friend of ours Jackie (ok, that was quite a hole in the plot), getting fucking shot, being put on the timer before you fucking die, all that shit and garbage on the streets... youi name it. but nope, wasn't enough

That getting owned by DEX was totally stupid. At that point in game my V was so powerful he walked through Arasaka building like it was a picnic and he was owned by fixer and a goon. Yeah ofc....

The game doesn't have any problem with shifting your perspectives -- you play as Johnny when V is supposed to be in the back seat, and you play as Johnny when V isn't even in the body any more. I don't think the continuation of gameplay actually answers the question.

Even so, nobody who refuses to believe that Soulkiller is death has been able to present a plausible alternative for what exactly Alt is warning you about WRT Soulkiller.
Soulkiller is there for each individual player to see it their eay, at least that is what i think. But no point in arguing about that, since we did that a lot of time here already.

Soulkiller is there for each individual player to see it their eay, at least that is what i think. But no point in arguing about that, since we did that a lot of time here already.
The whole purpose of this thread is the endings, Soulkiller is one of the only things worth talking about.

Johnny was told before becoming an engram that getting soulkilled is a fate worse than death. That's how I'm looking at it.

Sorry, skimming through this thread. What did you mean by "eay?"

Johnny was told before becoming an engram that getting soulkilled is a fate worse than death. That's how I'm looking at it.

Guess that's related to the prison he is put in. They can do whatever the want with that engram and he can't escape, not even dying. Yep, that's worse.

But in general? I don't know.

The longer this thread goes, i guess all my views on the endings condense into "let V's body live no matter who will control it" and "do not let V's engram get scrapped by anybody"

Even just leaving it inside Mikoshi and not eaten by Alt will do at this point.
I don't even care about Johnny that much already, but loosing that bastard is going to be depressing at least.

Guess that's related to the prison he is put in. They can do whatever the want with that engram and he can't escape, not even dying. Yep, that's worse.

But in general? I don't know.
Can't see what you would be doing in cyberspace forever, seems pretty boring, might be hostile even. Or you can escape cyberspace and wait 6 months until your body dies.

The longer this thread goes, i guess all my views on the endings condense into "let V's body live no matter who will control it" and "do not let V's engram get scrapped by anybody"

Even just leaving it inside Mikoshi and not eaten by Alt will do at this point.
I don't even care about Johnny that much already, but loosing that bastard is going to be depressing at least.
All we have here is just speculations and ways to fix endings. Nothing is grounded here. All wr want now is some kind of reaponse/answer.

Top Bottom