[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Even if you're OK with this, it's a complete joke that there's no option to say "absolutely fucking not."

I agree, you should be able to.
And you can if you go to Arasaka and then pass the tests? but then you have 6 months to live. so back to that sticking point.
at least I think that's what happens sorry if i'm wrong.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah like I said I would rather play as copy V as opposed to an entirely new character. They could at least explore the topic of what makes a copy a copy when all memories are the same then. The six month timer just adds insult to injury because we can't even have that. ( I would 100% prefer original V tho)

The thing that upsets me the most is that all seven endings are basically the same and none of your choices matter anyway. Sure I don't like bad endings but I hate being lied to more. I expected an RPG with replayability and that is not what we got.

on another note lmao yeah I have no clue why they couldn't let you resist Dex like in the trailer.
for real he's saying some sketchy shit on the phone, my plan was to just start blasting then I got dragged into narrative hell.

I don´t think that any of the current endings mean much, they´re probably just to set a different start to the next act(DLC). From there we will probably all end up in the same place again and fight our way to the real end in which hopefully EVERY romance is kept alive and loving.

I'm not a fan of a better end being locked behind a paywall but I'll take it if it's what we get. Cuz honestly anything is better than what we have now.

Anyways I'm off to bed for now :)

I agree, you should be able to.
And you can if you go to Arasaka and then pass the tests? but then you have 6 months to live. so back to that sticking point.
at least I think that's what happens sorry if i'm wrong.
Yeah, if you actually think Soulkiller is a big deal, then the only ending you can get that avoids it spends the epilogue shitting on your for siding with the bad guys.

Yeah, if you actually think Soulkiller is a big deal, then the only ending you can get that avoids it spends the epilogue shitting on your for siding with the bad guys.
shitting on you and killing you anyway (y)
I almost went Arasaka just because I didn't want anyone else dying on my behalf but they tend to just assume your motivations.

So basically Johnny's raid on Arasaka when he got flatlined. He paid Rogue to gather mercs. Most notable being Blackhand, who, in turn got militech support for the whole Arasaka towers hit operation. Bombs by the way planted by him. Also he and Shaitan fought Smasher, not Johnny. Johnny got rekt and lost to Arasaka while Blackhand fought Smasher and others ran away. So almost exactly same hit you are proposing, just taking militech, Rogue, replacing spider Murphy with Alt, Santiago with River Ward, Shaitan with Panam, V goes for biggest solo around and one to smash Smasher and maybe some help from Judy just on a side note. And instead of nomads attacking Militech on that tunnel, they would work together. Tadam

History repeats itself)

I'm not even sure what the writers were going for. It almost seems like their 'canon' ending is where Johnny takes over V's body, whilst V vanishes into the internet. But I donn't see any worthwhile 'message' in this resolution, there's nothing noteworthy or meaningful about V dying so the engram can continue in V's body. It's just very morbid and bleak.

More importantly, that ending just highlights the game's massive elephant in the room that never gets addressed. Johnny's engram is NOT Johnny himself. The real Johnny was born, lived his life and then died. The engram imprinted on V's chip is just a copy of Johnny, therefore killing V so that copy can live out a new life is an incredibly dark ending - the original Johnny would have hated to have murdered V in such a way.

It's very odd how the story is written as if Johnny's engram is Johnny himself back from the dead, instead of acknowledging that it's just a copy that's acting as random neuro-malware and killing an innocent person.
CDPR - seriously - you had too many razors in office? Too much edge?

You gave us 7 endings. SEVEN. SEVEN.

And you couldn't fit ONE HAPPY ending so I can actually feel like I can make a difference in the end and all that effort and side quests actually matter?

Because right now I have basically 7 endings in which my V:

1. Dies before FInal Mission
2. Dies (loses mind/body to Jhonny) during Final mission
3. Or after are God Darn struggle to get rid of that idiot of V's head - V dies few months after Final Mission.

So in short- 7 endings - you die in all.

There is no point of trying them all. Outcome is the same for V.

SEVEN ENDINGS. Not even one happy end. Really, CDPR, really?

Because the best ending currently is just shooting V in the head- at least it's fast and merciful.
Post automatically merged:

There is a way to save V. Big in Japan, the best brain surgeon in the world. It just needs to be written. Whos up for the challenge.

Soulkiller debate reminds me of Mass Effect 3, where Shepard wonders at some pont, is he real or just advanced VI, created by Cerberus between ME and ME 2. He had no means to check it. All of it goes to debate about nature of soul, which is pointless by very definition. I, for myself, do not consider soulkilling as destruction of V, but clearly many players do, and CD should at least clarify it somehow, at least via blog or something.
I also understand that many players just want plot-wise permission to keep their loot and continue to explore Night City. This request is also legit and should be granted.
Last, but not least, CP77 now is terrible RPG, which is also true. That, i'm afraid, will not be fixed completely, otherwise CD would need to rebuild game from scratch, which is not happening.
Honestly, i'm starting to feel something akin to survivor guilt. Firstly, i do not assume soulkilling as ultimate death.
Secondly, i stopped to see CP77 as RPG pretty early (probably just after sex with Meredith instead of Militech questline), and instead i watched not half-bad movie, feeling no connection and immersion into V. Like, "okay, this is a story about merc in cyberpunk setting, he can die at any monent, without any warnings, honour, gain and glory, that's how it goes there". As for post-ending gameplay, perdonaly i always feel boredom after completing narrative quests. Wandering aimlessly, killing monsters, searching eastern eggs and making experiments with NPC and world mechanics can be fun, but is never enough for me. Leveling up, gathering lot etc have always been just the mean to more comfort in completing main plotline. Or if some grinding and leveling up is needed to open some quests, important to plot. Otherwise — no, grinding and looting are not my things, i have no greed and no connection to character's perks and toys, just the tools for me, to be discarded when not needed.
And i have my share of fun from CP77, some narrative sidejobs were just great (for example, Sinnerman questline, River, Judy and Panam quests).
That said, i think CD overall made a poor job, which can't be completely made right. Any DLC, expanding the existing endings or adding new will not be enough.
I for myself vote for, like, Definitive Edition, meaning total game overhaul, in 1-2 years, maybe longer. Though the trust we had before 10 Dec will never return, CD can still prove they are not like EA.

Last edited:
At this point I'm wondering if any of the devs, CMs or otherwise have taken a look at this thread, considering it's been top list in hot for days.
I know mods have but.. Well, they're just forum mods and I think they're not legally allowed to take a side anyway, not that devs might but still.

Just removing the "You have 6 months to live" would already make most endings more bearable and acceptable :)
damage is done, even if they'll remove it - at the end of the game, somewhere deep inside of you will be knowledge that it's just a lie.
it's like a tiny patch on thoroughly broken heart.
and they'll have to do so much more than just remove "6 month to live" part to fix mine >_<

damage is done, even if they'll remove it - at the end of the game, somewhere deep inside of you will be knowledge that it's just a lie.
and they'll have to do so much more than just remove "6 month to live" part to fix mine >_<
If they remove it then it's almost sure that we don't die simply because they went out of their way to scrap a piece of ending, endings most of all should be the untouchable piece of a game as you could rile up so many people.
You remove 6 months, someone might be pissed, even if the minority, it doesn't matter, it still shouldn't happen but then you have things like this where 80% of the people want a happier ending or have one available anyway.
Most of those people don't even want a truly happier ending, they just don't want V to die.

At this point I'm wondering if any of the devs, CMs or otherwise have taken a look at this thread, considering it's been top list in hot for days.
Ofc. Im 1000% sure they read they this forum, and other sources of gamers responses\critic.
If it was my creation, I would read everything I could about it, see most of the reviews, etc.
I'm a creator too. Not a game developer, but still, I get a lot of feedback on my work. And critic\comments\responses have a big impact on me.

Yeah, complete game overhaul, restoration of cut content etc. Definitive edition, but that will require years.

[Spoilers]

So, why is it exactly that the Relic can completely overwrite V's body and mind with Johnny Silverhand's with no compatibility issues whatsoever but in "The Devil" ending you're told that you can't just be supplied a body to have your mind, memories, etc copied onto to survive because you will encounter these "compatibility issues" -or better yet, why can't you just be re-copied back onto your body so that the same thing that the Relic has done to yours can be undone? Your body gets changed to suit V's psyche once more.

So, why is it exactly that the Relic can completely overwrite V's body and mind with Johnny Silverhand's with no compatibility issues whatsoever but in "The Devil" ending you're told that you can't just be supplied a body to have your mind, memories, etc copied onto to survive because you will encounter these "compatibility issues" -or better yet, why can't you just be re-copied back onto your body so that the same thing that the Relic has done to yours can be undone? Your body gets changed to suit V's psyche once more.
Supposedly it's one-of-a-kind event.
They've tried to replicate this on flatlined people, people bout to flatline, people that were alive and all that, tests failed continuously.
In other words it's a plothole to drive the plot forward, it's never explained and imo not particularly necessary to explain except.. It makes the endings or some of 'em rather stupid and logic-devoid.
It's an excusable plothole to drive the story, just a poorly executed ending with even more holes.
In a real CP world they'd just stick you in full chrome, put you in Adam's spare suit and make you work for them as you're clearly better than Adam Smasherino anyway.

in the world of Cyberpunk only you matter.
Saving yourself is what matters.
V was a punk that wanted to become a living legend
you can't have both

but honestly tho, i wanted my fairytale ending too

In a real CP world they'd just stick you in full chrome, put you in Adam's spare suit and make you work for them as you're clearly better than Adam Smasherino anyway.
This.
That's not what I would prefer, but still. Simple solution.
The endings problem is just poor writing. No need to dig in it too much. Bc writers clearly didint completely understand this cyber sh..t themselfs.

Top Bottom