[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Question. If CDPR came out with a roadmap and revealed the two major expansions and how they plan to continue the story, would that satisfy your and others concerns about the future?

Because if that's the case then I fully agree with you (y)

I can only speak for myself, but I would certainly feel much better and move on if we got any kind of info. we get a post-ending dlc? awesome, gotta put aside some money, can't wait to play it. we get some mid-game dlc? cool, maybe I'll get to it sometime later. we, for some unfathomable reason, get a dlc about a different character? okay, guess gonna watch it on youtube like DotO, not my first rodeo.

for now, I am personally in a state of a hangover, the one you usually get from a very good book where you can't fully shift your attention to anything else. I keep playing the game - keep getting back to the endings - find myself thinking and going back here again. I'm pretty sure when the info comes, I'll breathe out, say "well shit" and go finish Horizon, finally. or I'll keep playing 2077 in small increments like I did with TW3. or maybe I'll just uninstall the game because man my SSD is way too small to keep it around for too long. as long as my brain doesn't have to guess anymore, I'm golden.

That is all that was needed imo.
Either better foreshadowing or a roadmap asap.

I would still have been sad, but at least I would know that I can move on or play again with newfound motivation (if the story was to be continued)
I felt the same way about Mass effect after the ME 3 ending. I was so sure I will never play it again. Since then I replayed the whole trilogy 2-3 times, because while I do not like the ending more, I have learned to accept it, and more importantly the ride is way more fun than the destination. Reliving those great scenes, revisitng the loved characters. That makes it fun.

It is just the reality of this thread - a group therapy session.

The ratio of votes to views is so skewed. ~650 votes to around ~153,000 views - and a lot of the posts are from the same usual suspects. For all we know the DLC stories are already penned and ready to print.

The expectation that the writing team is just going to pop into this thread is unrealistic - what can they possibly say?

"Hey guys, sorry you didn't like the story we told. We'll just make sure for the ~500 of you who voted for positive endings, that going forward we'll completely restructure the DLC and main story beats to accommodate you".
650 votes, hmm, size fits well for a one sample of A/B test :shrug:
But, yeah, significant change of their RoadMap seems unlikely (and if dlc endings will be "rewarding", hell, why not [if "rewards" are not the legendary items, you can get in the end])

Last edited:
I can only speak for myself, but I would certainly feel much better and move on if we got any kind of info. we get a post-ending dlc? awesome, gotta put aside some money, can't wait to play it. we get some mid-game dlc? cool, maybe I'll get to it sometime later. we, for some unfathomable reason, get a dlc about a different character? okay, guess gonna watch it on youtube like DotO, not my first rodeo.

for now, I am personally in a state of a hangover, the one you usually get from a very good book where you can't fully shift your attention to anything else. I keep playing the game - keep getting back to the endings - find myself thinking and going back here again. I'm pretty sure when the info comes, I'll breathe out, say "well shit" and go finish Horizon, finally. or I'll keep playing 2077 in small increments like I did with TW3. or maybe I'll just uninstall the game because man my SSD is way too small to keep it around for too long. as long as my brain doesn't have to guess anymore, I'm golden.
As the most of us here, I think. Lots of ppl sit here, just waiting for something, being unable to distract themselfs of this bs.
When the info comes, this forum will be much less inhabited.

Last edited:
That is all that was needed imo.
Either better foreshadowing or a roadmap asap.

I would still have been sad, but at least I would know that I can move on or play again with newfound motivation (if the story was to be continued)

Well in that case I am fully on your team! I agree with you the endings are absolutely fucking depressing, no doubt about that but I still personally see the light at the end of the tunnel which is why I'm optimistic overall.

BUT I recognize this isn't what everyone else sees, hence why a roadmap from CDPR would probably fix 99% of the disappointment in this thread.

And the good news is we are highly likely to get a roadmap from CDPR for two reasons. (1) to restore community goodwill regarding the bugs and why the game launched the way it did and (2) The Witcher 3 had a roadmap. Also roadmaps are a great way to satisfy pissed off investors.

Therefore I advise you guys to not stress.

Last edited:
Well in that case I am fully on your team! I agree with you the endings are absolutely fucking depressing, no doubt about that but I still personally see the light at the end of the tunnel which is why I'm optimistic overall.

BUT I recognize this isn't what everyone else sees, hence why a roadmap from CDPR would probably fix 99% of the problems in this thread.

And the good news is we are highly pretty likely to get a roadmap from CDPR for two reasons. (1) to restore community goodwill regarding the bugs and why the game launched the way it did and (2) The Witcher 3 had a roadmap.

Therefore I advise you guys to not stress.

I think the initial reactions are very natural though.
Looking back at my first posts 200 pages ago I was freaking livid.

Just takes patience to understand how players like me feel and build upon that.
Good arguments for why not all hope is lost definetely are more fruitful than ("It's Cyberpunk lolz, what did you expect you manchilds, I just played suicide ending to see everyone suffer lmao")
After all they made me reconsider my approach to the game. They were exactly what I needed and maybe what I secretly hoped for.

Of course this positivity might get smashed again when CDPR hits us with the "Funny adventures with Placide from the Voodoo's" DLC, but we should try not to be negative beforehand.

If there will be a conclusion of V's story in the next expansion, 90% of the guys and girls posting here would build CDPR a shrine.

I think the initial reactions are very natural though.
Looking back at my first posts 200 pages ago I was freaking livid.

Just takes patience to understand how players like me feel and build upon that.
Good arguments for why not all hope is lost definetely are more fruitful than ("It's Cyberpunk lolz, what did you expect you manchilds, I just played suicide ending to see everyone suffer lmao")
After all they made me reconsider my approach to the game. They were exactly what I needed and maybe what I secretly hoped for.

Of course this positivity might get smashed again when CDPR hits us with the "Funny adventures with Placide from the Voodoo's" DLC, but we should try not to be negative beforehand.

If there will be a conclusion of V's story in the next expansion, 90% of the guys and girls posting here would build CDPR a shrine.

I think you should buying some material for that shrine mate :)

IMHO I just can't really see them throwing away the main character. Even ignoring the plot it just seems like bad game design. I spent 70 hours on my V, got him to a high level, was rewarded with legendary armor and a cool jacket only at the very end. If I learned that I no longer get to continue with him I would be livid and I think most people would be too.

I guess they could also do mid game DLC but that would undermine the plots urgency...

Anyway this is getting off topic, I highly recommend you guys check out this discussion where we discuss how the story continues.

The ratio of votes to views is so skewed. ~650 votes to around ~153,000 views - and a lot of the posts are from the same usual suspects. For all we know the DLC stories are already penned and ready to print.

The poll doesn't mean anything it took me a few visits to this topic to spot it.

As organic as a non-dating sim.can get :D
In witcher 3 you got permanent interactions with the last DLC and even then it was always the same dialogue.
And hey, at least we get a Mass Effect remaster and sequel out of it, potentially tying both games together.
Also while Andromedas story was meh, the combat was fantastic.

With the legendary editon I am i nthe same boat now as with CP2077, waiting for some info to see if it will be worth playing again (the remaster) - either because they tweaked the original endings to suit the next sequel, or actually info on how the sequel will continue and what ending is canon. Guess we will get info quicker on Shepard's fate though than that of "V" I am afraid...

Oh, and just continued playing my thrid Andromeda-session I started earlier this year...this game has actually quite a fascinating premise and story, and most chars are better than, well, Jacob and that Marine.Dude from Part3 for example. A nice mix, and most important to me now: You can friggin succeed in your mission and Ryder survives...but then, I rank Andromeda higher than ME2+3, so I am a weird one anyway...

At least you can keep the girls in the Nomad one and the guys in the Heist one, so there is a way to preserve the romance.
Storywise those decisions make sense though. Judy is sick of NC (and girl, after everything you witnessed I would be outta there too) and Panam has duties as Avocado-leader to fullfill.

River has his family in NC, dunno about Kerry tbh.

The romances in this game feel pleasantly organic. You cannot expect them to play out in every way we want, just because we are the main character.
Hell Panam plaing the friendzone card at first hit too close to home for me regarding the first dates with my wife lol.

I went back to do the heist ending just to make sure I wasn’t missing anything, even though I had the ending spoiled for me after I spite-googled. Heist ending you still don’t get the ending you get with Panam/Judy in the Nomad ending, my V shuts down any help from River, not even to confide in him, and it’s implied I’ve been a real douche to him the last few weeks. It once again said the line “you can’t have thought we’d get a happy ending” except this time V said it. Then I go off by myself into space and the voicemails all imply I haven’t talked to anyone in ages. There isn’t even a hint of a hopeful ending if you romanced River or Kerry which feels like a punishment for choosing the “wrong” people and ties into the major disappointment. I feel bad for even having started the game back up, just pit-in-gut misery again. :giveup:

I think it comes down to the "we are taking the facts at face value" stance, which is a bit stubborn, I agree, but also kind of warranted since we don't have any information on what to expect. people are frustrated, not just with the game, and their impatience leads some to go to the extremes in their thinking. I think most of the points have been already made in the first hundred or so pages, now we all are just spitballing.

I think every ending, save for suicide and a failure in the secret one, has an "optimistic" side to it, because as Cassidy said, it's all about attitude. if you think you're going to die - you are going to die. this way even a half-lobotomized V coming back from the moon has the same chance of survival as the V who left with Panam or the V who took over Afterlife - AND they are not an engram, which is a huge plus for many.

what bothers people the most is a) that their choices pripor to PNR don't matter and b) that it's all up in the air. I think if CDPR just came out and said, "that's it folks, we've told our story in full", many would move on at that very instant. but anticipation and uncertainty are very powerful things, so here we are, itching like addicts, wracking our brains. probably exactly what the devs wanted, but now is not the best time to agitate people like that, we are all a bit on edge in one way or another.

A major pain point seems to be the uncertainty around this game's future in terms of story content. Unlike Witcher 3 where we had an idea of where Geralt would go, in Cyberpunk we have no idea where we'll go with V and I can imagine that makes a lot of us anxious. Are the endings the finale or not? :shrug:

The one thing this game taught me before the launch was that patience is a virtue, and we will have to just sit tight and find out in January or February when the road map is out.

My take they won't abandon V to fade away just like this for the sake of Johnny (since in twitter i made some comment about how V effected me and i talked about that wish to see V in future and some of devs liked my cm as one of them was a senior quest designer) lets just buckle up in this roller coaster they taken us with V ❤

Also i know some of us have different interpretation on this story but we have no clue what road they gonna take whether dlc will happen before,after ending or just some prequel about all this things how they become friends with jackie, don't have any clue what they gonna do with this franchise!!!

Last edited:
Yea they totaly dident do that with Me3, build the char for 3 games then... Just the hint that they might make me4 or 5 now with shepard is making ppl crazy with exitment. I hope for some good DLC but im not holding my breath anymore. ill finnish all side activitys and get to no return point but thats it in this game for me untill DLC if it seems good. and i dont meen by CDPRs word. I let Bioware and Blizzard get away with saying stuff for way to long but i learned. rather just play old games thats good instead.

The one thing this game taught me before the launch was that patience is a virtue, and we will have to just sit tight and find out in January or February when the road map is out.

This is pretty much the attitude we all need to take. Just wait for the roadmap.

Wouldent suprise me if the DLC is pulled content repackaged. They went back on most of there standards so dont think ill be suprised at all anymore ^^ Oh and they might add xp boosters and crafting boosters and so on too.... :D
Well, their rep certainly went up in smoke...
But XP boosters? With a game this broken (and with such imbalanced mechanics)? It would be like selling drugs in Columbia...
Post automatically merged:

Just wait for the roadmap.
F*ck roadmaps! If CDPR releases a "roadmap" then this disaster of a launch is complete as they'll now be doing the exact same stunts that Bioware pulled off with Anthem and many other live-service games before that.
No, no roadmaps. They can certainly talk about their plans, and if they do - great (or not, if they say "we're done with this"). But roadmaps are bad - they set up more deadlines, they create expectations (and CDPR already lied in marketing materials, so... yeah) and are generally not helpful in the slightest.

Well, their rep certainly went up in smoke...
But XP boosters? With a game this broken (and with such imbalanced mechanics)? It would be like selling drugs in Columbia...
Post automatically merged:

F*ck roadmaps! If CDPR releases a "roadmap" then this disaster of a launch is complete as they'll now be doing the exact same stunts that Bioware pulled off with Anthem and many other live-service games before that.
No, no roadmaps. They can certainly talk about their plans, and if they do - great (or not, if they say "we're done with this"). But roadmaps are bad - they set up more deadlines, they create expectations (and CDPR already lied in marketing materials, so... yeah) and are generally not helpful in the slightest.

Well they did it for TW3. Plus investors are going to be demanding a roadmap anyway. All they need to do is give a brief rundown of the future and give a rough ETA. E.g. Q4 2021 for first major expansion.

Top Bottom