[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Ehm Arasaka ending? It gets neither of them involved.
the Arasaka mikoshi ending, the johnny ending and the suicide ending are all bad endings though because V ends up putting their life in the hands of people they shouldn’t trust.

Yeah nobody else dies but V still hurts a lot of people by literally disappearing.

None of the meters really does sanything in the game, which is sad.
I have found faint traces of Street Cred influence. For example, high enough SC, and Wakako says that you're really valuable pro to her, so she simply get you that snuff BD needed to find Evelyn. Another example - bouncer of night club in "Violence" side job simply let you in, saying that you're allright and upstandind citizen).
What this game could possibly be, given another 1-2 years! With meters affecting the endings, and stuff.

I see that people want at least one a happy one,
Hmm.. per my point of view, Panam's ending isn't actually that bad. V survives and moves on with Aldecaldo clan.
Alt said that she couldn't cure V's condition but that means nothing more that she couldn't. It doesn't mean no-one could. And since the implied deal between Biotechnica and Aldecaldo...

Again, I just don't think a character's death renders what happens before meaningless.
Have to agree here. In the end, it's death that gives everything that came before meaning.

However, I still want endings that better respect and reflect the way I played V. If I constantly have the feeling I cannot play a (chosen) CDPR game that lets me "win" in one way or the other, I simply stop playing games from CDPR, at some point.

Last edited:
Haha is that the case of the classical don't even trust yourself?

Nope you can go back to NC and spent the rest of the your time as you see fit.
No you can’t really trust yourself if you think suicide is a way to fix things IMO.

That’s why I mentioned the Mikoshi ending specifically, the one where you wave your human rights and actually get soulkillered.

None of the meters really does sanything in the game, which is sad.
Like half of the game.
These meters btw. are strange as hell. You cannot get any of them to 100%, as I understand it. Maybe that's something for the DLCs. Since the Johnny meter influences whether we get the secret end mission or not, this somehow gives me hope, that they will add extra endings then as well.

No you can’t really trust yourself if you think suicide is a way to fix things IMO.

That’s why I mentioned the Mikoshi ending specifically, the one where you wave your human rights and actually get soulkillered.
V gets soulkilled in glory and Aldecado endings, V doesnt get soulkilled in Arasaka one.
Post automatically merged:

These meters btw. are strange as hell. You cannot get any of them to 100%, as I understand it. Maybe that's something for the DLCs. Since the Johnny meter influences whether we get the secret end mission or not, this somehow gives me hope, that they will add extra endings then as well.
Well the countdown does fuck all, absolutely nothing, Samurai one is pointless aswell.
I feel like they actually had something meaningful towards the ending but got scrapped like 60 percent of the game.

I am pretty sure, that even if the DLCs are midgame, no one would object if they also would cause the existing endings to be influenced more by what you do in the game. Be it alter the way love interests act in the final minutes of the game or change that highly criticized 6 months bs or even other additional things. Depending on what they are willing to do with that of course. For now at least they've pulled a Bioware and act like EA.

Hell, I'd be ok with a news feed in the credits that (depending on the ending you get) either mercs lead by someone known as the "queen of the afterlife" or a band of nomads having raided a Bio Company to procure nanites. With an additional text message from I dunno... Vik, congratulating V on her now 3rd chance on life. Ah... a boy can dream...

-sigh- I regret having played the game deeply.

V gets soulkilled in glory and Aldecado endings, V doesnt get soulkilled in Arasaka one.
Post automatically merged:

Well the countdown does fuck all, absolutely nothing, Samurai one is pointless aswell.
the only time soulkiller is fully use is if you go with Arasaka instead of returning to earth or go with Alt, the other endings V doesn’t die but their conciousness is copied by Alt to untangle V and Johnny then that copy is put on the relic to fix the damage done previously. IMO thinking V died when hooking into Mikoshi seems to be a misconception.

the only time soulkiller is fully use is if you go with Arasaka instead of returning to earth or go with Alt, the other endings V doesn’t die but their conciousness is copied by Alt to untangle V and Johnny then that copy is put on the relic to fix the damage done previously. IMO thinking V died when hooking into Mikoshi seems to be a misconception.
In both the Sun and Star endings Johnny and V talk about not feeling the pain when soulkiller is used on them and it is explained that basically Alt used pain blockers on them.

In both the Sun and Star endings Johnny and V talk about not feeling the pain when soulkiller is used on them and it is explained that basically Alt used pain blockers on them.
Let me put it this way, how could Alt revive V if Soulkiller literally killed V? Since the relic is busted?

The idea is, that Alt seperates Johnny's and V's psyches inside cyberspace. She digitalizes V's psyche with the Soulkiller program to be able to do that. Right after, she uploads V's psyche back to her body.
But if soulkiller killed the body during the process then there wouldn’t be a body to return to.

Alt digitizes the V/Johnny hybrid, untangles them then returns one of the conciousness to the relic to fix the hybrid still present in the body. To me that seems most the most logical conclusion since even Alt can’t just willingly revive the dead.

But if soulkiller killed the body during the process then there wouldn’t be a body to return to.

Alt digitizes the V/Johnny hybrid, untangles them then returns one of the conciousness to the relic to fix the hybrid still present in the body.
The body is still intact and the "relic", you call it, has got nothing to do with this process. V's psyche is loaded back into the brain of her body. The brain is still somewhat compatible to V's psyche, which is why this is possible.

Top Bottom