[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
I was a little prepaired because my BF finished the game the night before. And just as I was heading into the surgery room he told me how depressed he was left after it.
I guess I was just too ignorant to the idea that they might end the game there, making the entire journey prior pointless. It's probably why I also immediately went for the "Johnny" option after I finished "Arasaka" because I thought that maybe they wanted to punish me for going with the "bad guys". Turns out they just wanted to punish me, period.

The game kind of pushes for you to have friends and a lover, make nice etc. And then the game gives you an autoimmune disease so said people can watch you die.
?????????????????????
I'm getting mixed messages.

And truthfully this isn't even a Night city to V situation, this is CDPR to the player.
Tbh I never really got the idea either that the City was my enemy. Sure the people I had conflict with were from the city. But the battles V was really fighting were very specific ones.
V just goes through gigs like a breeze. And noone was really after him actively. No real conflict with the gangs, cops, hell even Arasaka wasn't sending their assasins on you constantly.

Whats even worse.... I kinda started to think that the Jackie best friend montage was made outa sympathy for the player... What if it was like 10-15h play time with him then he allways dies in the next mission... Ppl would probably have flipped.

The game kind of pushes for you to have friends and a lover, make nice etc. And then the game gives you an autoimmune disease so said people can watch you die.
?????????????????????
Dont forget all the hidden messages, shards and even some quests telling stories and ideas about survival no matter what.

?????????????????????
It's even worse when Kerry is literally being locked behind a quest chain so late in the game. I literally grinded through those quests to be able to unlock my romance option. Skipping multiple 24 hours and riding around the city aimlessly just to trigger his quests. Then once that short questline was done, I was off to die... Great...

Pretty much what ive gathered too. Most ppl seem ok with it. I gues GOT and so on got ppl used to crap endings. Feels like this game has tryed so hard to appeal to everyone. Started with rpg then fps then gta and so on. Just wished i knew what it was much earlier so i could have just opted out.

Crap endings. Have you watched Battlestar Galactica?

People are still pissed by bad endings but they are not criticising them anymore, because they don't want to be pushed into a corner.

Darky edgy and fatalistic are (IMHO wrongly) associated with though provoking, deep and interlectual.

Don't get me wrong it can absolutely be but this story does not support it. It just urges you to burn through the story are maximum speed.
In addition, the dark and edgy themes are not fully explained and/or contradicted by the games lore or the world lore.
In example. It is absolutely normal in the cyberpunk lore, to cure cancer and to alter DNA. It's not inexpensive but absolutely in the realm of possibility.

?????????????????????
It's sadistic. The message is that they want you to go out and experience life so you can have it your way.

People are still pissed by bad endings but they are not criticising them anymore, because they don't want to be pushed into a corner.

Darky edgy and fatalistic are (IMHO wrongly) associated with though provoking, deep and interlectual.

Don't get me wrong it can absolutely be but this story does not support it. It just urges you to burn through the story are maximum speed.
In addition, the dark and edgy themes are not fully explained and/or contradicted by the games lore or the world lore.
In example. It is absolutely normal in the cyberpunk lore, to cure cancer and to alter DNA. It's not inexpensive but absolutely in the realm of possibility.
Yea i kinda think thats my generations fault. All the emos and goth stuff. Death metal and so on. Death is deep...

God Of War 3 ended on what seemed to be Kratos dead (who is a more interesting character than V btw), but I don't remember anyone complaining about that.

Nope. We can't even use our remaining 6 months to slice up gangers in night city or to fuck our way through jig-jig street, while being drunk 24/7
Literally! After the braincancer news, all I would wanna do is experience all the earthly pleasures before my heart gives in. Brain cancer would never have a chance.

Tbh I never really got the idea either that the City was my enemy. Sure the people I had conflict with were from the city. But the battles V was really fighting were very specific ones.
V just goes through gigs like a breeze. And noone was really after him actively. No real conflict with the gangs, cops, hell even Arasaka wasn't sending their assasins on you constantly.
People just use it as a catch all for explaining away why the only real ending would be v dying, either "that's the genre" or "that's night city" when instead it's a decision made by the narrative team to end the players involvement in the character.

I guess the way people were praising TW3, calling it "game of the decade" etc... made it seem like CDPR were above the rest. Plus their marketing style for CP2077 which was reminiscent of that of Rockstar's, gave that greater-than-life vibe, that only a few devs can match (can only think of Santa Monica studios).

Honestly, playing the game you could see the potential, but it's just not even close to being there, and I doubt it ever will be. So we are stuck here with a story of what could have

The last game I was this hyped for was probably God Of War 3, I have probably seen this trailer like a hundred times

Yeah it's easy to fall for hype which is exactly why we are in the position we are in. I mean for one the "game of the decade" is GTA V. That game has sold over 135 million copies making in the second best-selling game of all time and it's still selling well. People can like TW3 as much as they want but there is no arguing about that.

Also when it comes to CDPR wanting to mimic Rockstar well they forget the most important thing about Rockstar and also some other companies. They don't show their cards until they are actually ready. GTA VI is in development. That much is pretty much an open secret. Once the first trailers and gameplay scenes roll in everybody knows though that that stuff will actually be in the game since the game is pretty much in the finishing stages.

If CDPR would have done the same the controversy around CP2077 wouldn't have nearly been as big even with the end product being same as it is know.

Nope. We can't even use our remaining 6 months to slice up gangers in night city or to fuck our way through jig-jig street, while being drunk 24/7
It's like they are deliberately trying to make you not have fun, be it the bugs, the lack of customization, the lack of choices, or the bad endings... In Night City there are so many ways to NOT have fun.

Technically if your immune system is attacking your neurones, becoming a raging alcoholic will make you immunocompromised - weakening the response. Might earn you an extra month at least - either way, it's killing your brain cells. One just sounds a lot more fun compared to random coughing up blood.

ALSO, WHY AM I COUGHING UP BLOOD? This legit was not explained and still makes no sense?????

God Of War 3 ended on what seemed to be Kratos dead (who is a more interesting character than V btw), but I don't remember anyone complaining about that.
He ended up (pretend)dead AFTER a trilogy as a developed character.
Kratos gets 3 games, we didn't even get 3 acts.

Last edited:
Technically if your immune system is attacking your neurones, becoming a raging alcoholic will make you immunocompromised - weakening the response. Might earn you an extra month at least - either way, it's killing your brain cells. One just sounds a lot more fun compared to random coughing up blood.

ALSO, WHY AM I COUGHING UP BLOOD? This legit was not explained and still makes no sense?????
Because your brain* is melting and you're coughing it up.

post nasal brain drip, 100% fatality rate.

Top Bottom