[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Technically if your immune system is attacking your neurones, becoming a raging alcoholic will make you immunocompromised - weakening the response. Might earn you an extra month at least - either way, it's killing your brain cells. One just sounds a lot more fun compared to random coughing up blood.

ALSO, WHY AM I COUGHING UP BLOOD? This legit was not explained and still makes no sense?????
Said it alot in this thread but the only ending for my V would be the gun ending.. Atleast she gets to chose something herself that way...

Yeah it's easy to fall for hype which is exactly why we are in the position we are in. I mean for one the "game of the decade" is GTA V. That game has sold over 135 million copies making in the second best-selling game of all time and it's still selling well. People can like TW3 as much as they want but there is no arguing about that.

Also when it comes to CDPR wanting to mimic Rockstar well they forget the most important thing about Rockstar and also some other companies. They don't show their cards until they are actually ready. GTA VI is in development. That much is pretty much an open secret. Once the first trailers and gameplay scenes roll in everybody knows though that that stuff will actually be in the game since the game is pretty much in the finishing stages.

If CDPR would have done the same the controversy around CP2077 wouldn't have nearly been as big even with the end product being same as it is know.
Instead CDPR left a paper trail of misinformation all over the net.

In our reality, yes. In this weird reality, we don't know. We know memories don't create antigens either and yet our brain is trying to kill them like it's a virus. What we know so far is that the central nervous system has immunity in a sense to transplants. Whole-brain transplant - which has only been done on a monkey - resulted in rejection. Yet Smasher who is legit just a head-mounted on a full robotic frame is 'fine'.

It's stupid any which way they spin it. And makes zero sense logically to the point if we do try and make it as scientifically accurate as possible it makes naff all sense. The immune system is rejecting something, may it be the rewiring or just the chip itself.

But a biological death due to memories not fitting with DNA? Like what? You'd have a better chance selling to me that Johnny had lung cancer, therefore the chip made it so the damned body also had lung cancer. It makes more sense - and that's saying very little.
Read the sourcebook, this dna bs contradicts official cyberpunk lore. There is literally no reason to make up explanations, unless developers admit that the game is non-canon spinoff. There is a huge pile of nonsense stacked up just for the sake of making story dramatic.

Also isent it strange that its allways after a big mission that those glitches starts and you fall and have to talk to johnny for a bit... then your fine. Weird... Why doesent v just slap some jelly on her face to recover... since they try to appeal to the broader public that should be in game! :D

God Of War 3 ended on what seemed to be Kratos dead (who is a more interesting character than V btw), but I don't remember anyone complaining about that.
I have not played God of War.
But I read "the windup girl".

Spoiler:

One of the main protagonists dies of a fatal illness that is basically self inflicted out of ignorance and control over a coworker, who ignored cases of illness in the company. Said coworker survives despite being the arse of the story.
Meanwhile the windup girl (the name giving character) is left alone at the end.

Oh and BTW. One of the other main characters gets horrifically slaughtered by the end of the second third of the book.

The book is excellent.

Why? Because the death of the calorie man dying of a terminal illness is fitting and helps the windup girl to move forward. Same tieh the guy who gets slaughtered, because it positively influences his fellow police officer, who in fact was spying on him.

All deaths in this story made sense, and helped advancing the plot or other characters.

Plot-cancer however, does nothing in that regard.
Post automatically merged:

Literally! After the braincancer news, all I would wanna do is experience all the earthly pleasures before my heart gives in. Brain cancer would never have a chance.
Death by "bubu" before the brain cancer has a chance to get me. Noice!

Technically if your immune system is attacking your neurones, becoming a raging alcoholic will make you immunocompromised - weakening the response. Might earn you an extra month at least - either way, it's killing your brain cells. One just sounds a lot more fun compared to random coughing up blood.

ALSO, WHY AM I COUGHING UP BLOOD? This legit was not explained and still makes no sense?????
Beeecause ... that's something you can show from 1st person view ... :D

Regardless of my thoughts on this opinion, he ended up (pretend)dead AFTER a trilogy as a developed character.
Kratos gets 3 games, we didn't even get 3 acts.
I'd argue that the more popular the character becomes the more difficult it is to kill them off. But either way, they shouldn't have killed V, since the game is about survival

Having 'finished' chosing Panam as my helper, I am disappointed that there is nothing to do once the fighting is over, there is 6 months of 'life' thrown away rather than dropping you back in the game.

I'm playing through the other 5 'deaths' now - not happy that I paid £50 for an open world game that the storyline is basically on rails, just choose your death at the end, having lost your own character early on.

The game is very 'pretty' graphically, some of the characters are excellent, but having Johnny take over your life so early in the game made it tiresome for me, and I was almost glad to reach the point of no return. :shrug:

I have not played God of War.
But I read "the windup girl".

Spoiler:

One of the main protagonists dies of a fatal illness that is basically self inflicted out of ignorance and control over a coworker, who ignored cases of illness in the company. Said coworker survives despite being the arse of the story.
Meanwhile the windup girl (the name giving character) is left alone at the end.

Oh and BTW. One of the other main characters gets horrifically slaughtered by the end of the second third of the book.

The book is excellent.

Why? Because the death of the calorie man dying of a terminal illness is fitting and helps the windup girl to move forward. Same tieh the guy who gets slaughtered, because it positively influences his fellow police officer, who in fact was spying on him.

All deaths in this story made sense, and helped advancing the plot or other characters.

Plot-cancer however, does nothing in that regard.
I have seen movies where the main character dies, but the ending could still be considered "happy". The problem with Cyberpunk is that V dying renders the entire purpose of the story pointless.

Media as an art always follows the era they are made in. Like b class ufo movie about aliens exterminating mankind as a allegory to horrors of Nazi and the threat imposed by Soviets. Noir and dark themes of movies in 70/80 like Escape from New York as a allegory to the rising crimes.
But every movie followed few simple rules that there must be a silver lining and “action and reactionl”

CP77 has non of it. There is no silver lining and even worse lack of silver lining is not caused by “action - reaction” dynamics.
To make things even worse game was advertised as you can have a choice.

Dark (series on Netflix) is a perfect example how you can marry dark themes, bitter sweet ending with complicated story and be one of the best series of its time.

CP77 looks like a triple A version of Nier Automata but this time done on steroids.
They forget that Nier was a dark and depressive game from very beginning. Whole 2b journey felt futile from its very beginning and something was not right with whole story.
Yet Cyberpunk has non of this aspects. We live in the age of mediacal and technological marvels, people get resurrected (In Lizzy, Saburo) yet you are about to die from cancer and than there is no treatment since the cancer something something change your DNA - like the frack? It’s even contradicting basic medicine, but hey biochip- both AI goddess and bigges corpo on world cant fix this.

This is immersion breaking and after this whole plot and game with it crumbles

V is so farcically fucked that if you look at the story from a detached point of view it really has transcended tragedy into a dark comedy.

I have seen movies where the main character dies, but the ending could still be considered "happy". The problem with Cyberpunk is that V dying renders the entire purpose of the story pointless.
Not only that.
It's absolutely not necessary from a story telling perspective, because the story has already been told.
We get the information on the terminal disease during the epilogue in a way that does not make sense or helps progressing the story.

I just want to post this again.

"Liu continued to note how the ending itself is going to be “very rewarding” for those who dive into Night City. “So I don’t want to spoil anything right now, but very satisfying story arc, right? You’re going to see characters and you’ll see them develop,” he said. “You’re going to see them go through conflicts and resolve those conflicts. It’ll be a very rewarding ending. "

Not only that.
It's absolutely not necessary from a story telling perspective, because the story has already been told.
We get the information on the terminal disease during the epilogue in a way that does not make sense or helps progressing the story.
the and then style of narrative common to stories I wrote at 8 years of age trying to be a cool dude who didn't afraid of anything.

I just want to post this again.

"Liu continued to note how the ending itself is going to be “very rewarding” for those who dive into Night City. “So I don’t want to spoil anything right now, but very satisfying story arc, right? You’re going to see characters and you’ll see them develop,” he said. “You’re going to see them go through conflicts and resolve those conflicts. It’ll be a very rewarding ending. "
Every day something new old comes up.

Top Bottom