[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Considering that almost 20% of players finish the game and only 7-8% get the The Star achievement which means that rest went with the default route it’s hard to imagine that Arasaka ending won’t be a canon one or it will be largely incorporated into some merging ending like in Deus Ex series.
This would be world fitting and would also give CDPR much freedom with writing guter expansions/games.
Well the devil only has 1.8% so the nomad ending seems the most popular.

The Arasaka Ending is basically the end of the world. Its establishing an immortal evil God Emperor and his master race of body snatching vampires.

Its kind of hard to imagine that as anything canon.

It's pretty much the "Geralt gives Ciri to the Emperor and she dies" ending.
For me this fits the story where rich are getting richer and poor are getting poorer (since watching news and reading magazines about current world is not enough).
Cyberpunk was always about high tech low life thing.

In TW3 besides Ciri as a ruler (which is world breaking sinceGeralt would never says anything like this since he despises rulers and geopolitics) every ending was a Arasaka like ending.
Some psychopath was about to rule and Roche and Ves was about to die either why by your hand by giving Disktra free hand or later being killed by Emphyr.
Post automatically merged:

Well the devil only has 1.8% so the nomad ending seems the most popular.
The devil achievement requires saving Takamura which is a hard to get since in the search and destroy mission there is no such objective as “save Takamura” even optional, game says that you need to get out of building ASAP, Johnny says this, and there is a yellow path on the mini map. It this is not enough the hole in the wall that you need to pass in order to save him is partially hiden.
i think that people who go after Goro do this due to the fact that they read about the mission in walkthrough.

For me this fits the story where rich are getting richer and poor are getting poorer (since watching news and reading magazines about current world is not enough). Cyberpunk was always about high tech low life thing.

In TW3 besides Ciri as a ruler (which is world breaking sinceGeralt would never says anything like this since he despises rulers and geopolitics) every ending was a Arasaka like ending.
Some psychopath was about to rule and Roche and Ves was about to die either why by your hand by giving Disktra free hand or later being killed by Emphyr.

Yes, I consider Ciri ending totally out of character for Geralt and Ciri both.

Cyberpunk 2020 is about putting a spanner in the works of the baddies for a time. A bit like Call of Cthulhu, except Cthulhu is capitalism. You can't save the world and the world may be doomed but you can certainly fuck up the plans of the super rich for a time. Johnny nuked Arasaka and all it did was delay their plans for 50 years at horrific human cost but delay them he did.

You can't bring down all the megacorps but you can certainly end Saboru's plans for immortality and the Secure Your Soul Project. Speaking of which, though, I'm confused why the SYS project doesn't count as V surviving. Any ending where V survives as a digital ghost or future body snatcher seems to be surviving.

The devil achievement requires saving Takamura which is a hard to get since in the search and destroy mission there is no such objective as “save Takamura” even optional, game says that you need to get out of building ASAP, Johnny says this, and there is a yellow path on the map. It this is not enough the hole in the wall that you need to pass in order to save him is partially hiden.
i think that people who go after Goro do this due to the fact that they read about the mission in walkthrough.

You don't need to save Takamura to get the Devil ending. He's just there if you do.

For me this fits the story where rich are getting richer and poor are getting poorer (since watching news and reading magazines about current world is not enough).
Cyberpunk was always about high tech low life thing.

The devil achievement requires saving Takamura which is a hard to get since in the search and destroy mission there is no such objective as “save Takamura” even optional, game says that you need to get out of building ASAP, Johnny says this, and there is a yellow path on the mini map. It this is not enough the hole in the wall that you need to pass in order to save him is partially hiden.
Let’s see, 8.8% for the nomad ending, 6.5% for the sun ending and 1.8% for the devil.

That’s 17.1% of 21.3% who completed the game leaving 4.2% for the other Arasaka ending combining them is 6% meaning the Nomad ending is still more popular.

Because, if the cure "exists" there would be no reason to not let the players get their hands on it

Aside from:

* Not being in Night City
* Leaving it to the players imagination
* Leaving it to DLC
* Leaving it to sequels
* Not wanting to establish a "Good" ending that everyone will take over more ambiguous ones

The easiest way to explain this would be to ask youself would you use a Soulkiller if you would be in this situation, knowing everything you know in game. This is that program make a backup copy of your being like memories, skilles and so on. Then it wipe the brain and shut it down. And then in the matter of seconds restarts it with the backup from the biochip.

this would be terrific topic to discuss, and be can only hope that CDPR will do this.
I agree, but judging by the game's narration, this is NOT about backup.
The narration is continuous from the first person. If V in Soulkiller is a copy, then it should not be in V's body after the reverse transfer. But after copying, it must remain in the same place (as in SOMA, to the surprise of V's copy) or be deleted. But V moves into the body instead. So this is obviously a transfer.
The game, in fact, does not provide an opportunity to switch to another entity. Even playing Johnny in the interlude, V just sees his memory. In case of copying, the game for us had to end in mikoshi. Without any additional epilogues.
The only question here is the ending for Johnny, when he returns body to V in Mikoshi. Here the narration is discontinuous.

Last edited:
Aside from:

* Leaving it to DLC
* Leaving it to sequels
* Not wanting to establish a "Good" ending that everyone will take over more ambiguous ones
Kinda ruins the replayability tho. Why play the game again if it plays out the exact same way? just reload and get the ending you want

They said that they wouldn't withhold story content for DLC, locking a "cure" behind a paywall would be the biggest example of that. I'm 100% sure they are not that stupid

The very nature of DLC is story for payment.

Kinda ruins the replayability tho. Why play the game again if it plays out the exact same way? just reload and get the ending you want

Not being an asshole but....you don't play out all the endings that way?

They said that they wouldn't withhold story content for DLC, locking a "cure" behind a paywall would be the biggest example of that. I'm 100% sure they are not that stupid
That’s the curse of having share holders, their morals will become more and more flexible in the name of profit.

Aside from:

* Leaving it to DLC
* Leaving it to sequels
Or the most likely option: The story of V is over.

I didn't get the impression that the ending is open, all I thought was that V got fucked over and that's it

Not being an asshole but....you don't play out all the endings that way?
Havent even played the endings. Saw the endings comming before it did so. In games that has the option to reload and choose diffrently at just 1 point i kinda guess i would. Just one more point that ruins the game for me

I agree, but judging by the game's narration, this is NOT about backup.
The narration is continuous from the first person. If V in Soulkiller is a copy, then it should not be in V's body after the reverse transfer. But after copying, it must remain in the same place (as in SOMA, to the surprise of V's copy) or be deleted. But V moves into the body instead. So this is obviously a transfer.

It’s clearly suppose to be like teleportation in Star Trek, yes you’re technically copied, destroyed then rebuilt somewhere else but the “soul” is simply transferred from one place to the other, the person that pops up on the other side isn’t Kirk2 it’s just Kirk.

I'm aware of what DLC is. This would be more like a soccer game where you can't score goals, you have to pay extra to be able to do that.

If the purpose of the game was to leave NC with Panam then we'd be having a different conversation, but if the game is about finding a cure and you can only find said cure if you pay extra, then that's an entirely different story than just "DLC".

Top Bottom