[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
That´s that. They should do something, so that we can interact more with them. Like I said earlier, there should be all kind of options to interact with your romance on a regular base. goes for all 4 of them. And yes I like it too, that the romance characters have preferences, makes them more real. Sure they could add more options though, like some want Takemura and I´ve also heard some that want more of Meredith. There might be that option to bring those 2 as bisexual characters.
Agree. Meredith is bi already, she doesn't care who she will fuck with dildo without even asking V's opinion). And i, fool and naive, went to meet her in No-Tell Motel to discuss V's and Militech partnership agaisnt common foe, Arasaka. I was dreaming of fully-fledged quest chain with Johny's toxic remarks ( - Sold to corps? - Looks who's talking!). Insteas my straight male V was fucked with dildo. I see deep symbolism here - Meredith said that corps will always fuck you, and she proved it, literally.
As for Takemura, i heard it was perfectly normal even for japan medieval samuraj to be bisexual or even gay, so bisexual Takemura would fit perfectly.

We got multiple sources saying that V dies (fact), and one unreliable source saying that there "might" be a cure. Which one should I believe?

Agree. Meredith is bi already, she doesn't care who she will fuck with dildo without even asking V's opinion). And i, fool and naive, went to meet her in No-Tell Motel to discuss V's and Militech partnership agaisnt common foe, Arasaka. I was dreaming of fully-fledged quest chain with Johny's toxic remarks ( - Sold to corps? - Looks who's talking!). Insteas my straight male V was fucked with dildo. I see deep symbolism here - Meredith said that corps will always fuck you, and she proved it, literally.
As for Takemura, i heard it was perfectly normal even for japan medieval samuraj to be bisexual or even gay, so bisexual Takemura would fit perfectly.
I actually found it in quite bad taste that you meet up with her on the exact same place where you last saw Jackie and you get a bullet in your head. You get fucked in No-tell-motel on many levels.

There are guides already.

[SPOILER BELOW]

V dies in every ending. It's only a matter if you die before final mission, during final mission or few months after final mission.

That's it. Rest is cosmetic choices, but basically your choices doesn't matter- you die anyway.
rofl fucking lame

We got multiple sources saying that V dies (fact), and one unreliable source saying that there "might" be a cure. Which one should I believe?
But this is still an open ending. No cure has been confirmed, but V's death has not been confirmed either.
So it all depends on the writers of DLC.
But now the game is unplayable for many players.

To be fair, panam wants to find a cure and is dedicated.

That's at least something.

Iirc, Mr. Blue Eyes is also talking about curing the damn condition...

It a however, means nothing, if even the best scientists from Japan (the technological powerhouse of Asia) tells you that you are going to die.

However, it's arasaka... There are still other companies in the world who are very advances aler well. Biotechnica comes to my mind.

It a however, means nothing, if even the best scientists from Japan (the technological powerhouse of Asia) tells you that you are going to die.

However, it's arasaka... There are still other companies in the world who are very advances aler well. Biotechnica comes to my mind.
You even save one of the best brain surgents on the world in one of the side quests! Call in a favor for a second opinion lol

Yeah, when you literally fight for survival - that is after all the main goal of the game, and in the end you cannot save yourself, that means you lose, no matter how you spin it. Maybe the secret ending should be more like "live to fight another day" kind of thing. Currently the "bullet" ending seems to be the most satisfying - althou the creators should have given the option way earlier in the game. The devil ending is a missed opportunity, it would have beed better to just let the character live, but as this sad, hollow and debilitated creature he or she became. Yes he or she can win and survive, but make it worse than death. Or maybe let the MC betray and sacrifice the closest allies/loved ones to live - again, let him survive but for a terrible price. That would acctually make the endings even darker and way more interesting.

In my case, I do believe it. I believe that Misty's hopeful tarots are correct and that nomads aren't without resources, they pulled off crazy stuff during the game.
I genuinely like Act 3 in The Star, but it feels like a prologue to something bigger. I just want to see it. I want to see V cured, even if it's a difficult outcome and failure is a possibility.

So personally I think it's canon that Misty knows what she's talking about because she has big 4th wall breaking powers, but without that that all you have is your optimistic friend Panam offering some positive reinforcement stacked against the expertise that the game has presented to you in its other agents.
The only hope offered is what boils down to an editors note stapled on at the end, and if the tarot cards are incongruous to the story for you as a player it really hits an off note.

So essentially either V is out of the picture and we have this believe what you want to believe ending, which by the way could be achieved without your second terminal diagnosis. Or we have a setup for a continuation of V's story and it's once again about trying to stop being fucking terminally ill. The antagonist of the game is an invisible descent towards death, why did we create a super cool merc for this story? why wasn't I told to create a Russian philosopher to go on this journey?

If you are going to create an open ending make it an open ending don't half ass it by trying to have the last word on the state of our character.

V rides off with the nomads because Night City is hell (might still get shot by wraiths tomorrow but it's not part of the this story so you don't add it on)
V comes back to earth from Arasaka after recovering from treatment (gave in to corpo, the only thing the heist got you was a dead friend and a lot of enemies)
V assaulted arasaka and lived ( people know you're a shit hot merc but you painted a big target on your back and have nothing to show for it)

In all of these V could still die at any moment, but your aren't living out a death sentence, there's no sunshine and roses you just stepped in shit and managed to climb back out of it and you can still make what you want of your life.

Simple, because the game simply won't allow you to play your character after the story in a -open world game-. As far as we are concenrend, V is dead, because we cannot continue his story in a setting that is meant to promote open world exploration.
It's bad writing. Either take out the false sense of urgency in the game so I don't feel guilty for soing side quests, or don't give us an open world if we were not meant to explore it in the context of the main campaign.

Allow me to tear that apart in a few sentences.

1. You can't do the same in the Witcher or New Vegas either and you live in almost all of those endings.

2. The reason you can't play AFTER being cured is like 1/4th of the quests have Johnny Silverhand providing running commentary. You couldn't DO those quests after you get yourself cured of them.

Players KNOW this and so its silly pretending they think playing afterward would make any sense since the writing is for BEFORE the game's ending.
Post automatically merged:

Arasaka also believes that you should upload your soul into their mainframe and become immortal body snatching vampires. They don't think of that as dying and offer you a place in their New Order.

Why is this not considered living?

If you end game as female v, panam + judy..... V is still there and alive.

Ekrānattēls no 2020-12-30 20-02-47.png

Top Bottom