[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Still would die in the body at the end of the day, essentially, right? So Johnny’s bid at a new life still gets cut short and V’s choice to give him that life is for nothing.
But the limit of six months is only when V takes the body. If Johnny takes it, it doesn't apply.

Johnny doesn't deserve a second chance - doesn't matter how you slice it. He ain't having my dang body. Guy killed thousands on impact and then thousands more due to nuclear fallout. And for what? Nothing, he didn't achieve crap. If Johnny just ODd somewhere then V would never have had the job in the first place and still could have met the people they did. V could still have been a legend, it would have just taken longer to get there.

But the limit of six months is only when V takes the body. If Johnny takes it, it doesn't apply.
And that's the next level of BS.
Especially when we take the condition we are in into account. Coughing bloodm

Next is the game stated fact that the bodies need to be close relatives to make it work. Unless V is the grand child of a group johnny nailed, it's pretty much a discontinuity of the story.

I would never give him my body anyway. But hearing that he wouldn´t do anything useful just makes that decision even more right.

I mean, at least V can choose how he wants to live the rest of his life and does some thing to still achieve his dream of being a legend. But even so, it still cheapens Johnny’s sacrifice because it ultimately ends with V not living. I had Johnny actually turn himself around and not fuck over V in the end, and WANT to save him, so I actually got myself emotionally invested in Johnny—so I just hate that he turned himself around and did something truly selfless for absolutely nothing.
Post automatically merged:

Well, at least Johnny gets his chance at life, I guess, and V is just gone.

Let's not forget you leave Johnny with an immense amount of survivors guilt, since he didn't want to take your body in the first place.

Investors persuaded cdpr to make the next DLC free. This means that initially the dlc was paid. I strongly doubt that cdpr wanted to make the dlc-V finds the cure for just $9.99. I just added 2+2. And it seems that the expansion will not include endings or continuation of the adventures of V.

P.S. Investors are not concerned about endings. They are worried about falling stock prices. And they probably think that the free dlc will win back the trust of the players.And this will have a positive impact on the value of the shares.

And that's the next level of BS.
Especially when we take the condition we are in into account. Coughing bloodm

Next is the game stated fact that the bodies need to be close relatives to make it work. Unless V is the grand child of a group johnny nailed, it's pretty much a discontinuity of the story.
I know it's silly. It's kind of hard to explain why a permanent change that has been brought about by nano bots to the previous permanent state of the body can't be reversed permanently by, say, other nano bots. But that's how it is.

Investors persuaded cdpr to make the next DLC free. This means that initially the dlc was paid. I strongly doubt that cdpr wanted to make the dlc-V finds the cure for just $9.99. I just added 2+2. And it seems that the expansion will not include endings or continuation of the adventures of V.

P.S. Investors are not concerned about endings. They are worried about falling stock prices. And they probably think that the free dlc will win back the trust of the players.And this will have a positive impact on the value of the shares.
DLC's for CDPR games have always been free, but big story content are called "expansions" when it comes to CDPR and as far as I know they're still gonna cost money.

Johnny doesn't deserve a second chance
I don't know, my V even made friends with him in the end. It was already a completely different person, not that crazy bastard that in the beginning.
Their farewell in Mikoshi is one of the most dramatic moments in all endings. I will not forget how he lastly advises V to fight to the end. An excellent parting word for Panam ending.

I know it's silly. It's kind of hard to explain why a permanent change that has been brought about by nano bots to the previous permanent state of the body can't be reversed permanently by, say, other nano bots. But that's how it is.
we've had nanobots yes, but what about second nanobots?

In general, we must admit that if it were not for these 6 months, the moment of choosing in mikoshi would have been completely less dramatic and absolutely insipid.
For my female V, there would be no choice at all - not to leave the body to the rocker, even to a friend.
Only because of this I replayed all the endings in Mikoshi in different options. And what a pity it was to leave there a desperate V playing as Johnny.
In general, the scenes are staged very well, right up to tears. And very few people would appreciate them without these 6 months, they would be cheap and feigned.
But, nevertheless, alternative methods of treatment for V in the game are needed. I really hope for DLC, until then I will not play. Enough drama, everything is fine in moderation.
Unfortunately, for the above reason, we are unlikely to see new endings anytime soon. Only if under pressure from the players, if there is any.

In general, we must admit that if it were not for these 6 months, the moment of choosing in mikoshi would have been completely less dramatic and absolutely insipid.
For my female V, there would be no choice at all - not to leave the body to the rocker, even to a friend.
Only because of this I replayed all the endings in Mikoshi in different options. And what a pity it was to leave there a desperate V playing as Johnny.
In general, the scenes are staged very well, right up to tears. And very few people would appreciate them without these 6 months, they would be cheap and feigned.
But, nevertheless, alternative methods of treatment for V in the game are needed. I really hope for DLC, until then I will not play. Enough drama, everything is fine in moderation.
That is why game had to bring choices and consequences in the endings. If you do somethingwrong you get what we got now, if you make coredt choices you dont get 6 months to live period.

We simply need a post-epilogue dlc that connects the current story to either a sequel or an expansion.

I really hope it's not some act 2 crap with the add-ons, except it would have a massive impact on the endings. In act 2, we are racing against time, because of the way act two is set up.

If Vic told us that we have some time now, because the progression is not linear but pretty fast when it comes near the end, we would be less pressured and would have more room to do side missions. Vic could tell us at the beginning of atc 3 that we really need to act and that he hopes we got our shit together.

That is why game had to bring choices and consequences in the endings. If you do somethingwrong you get what we got now, if you make coredt choices you dont get 6 months to live period.

from the very first moment on, your interaction and reaction to Johnny and his demands just should have affected the entire story/important points, up to the ending. Branching out towards the end, so endgame is radically different depending on whcih paths you took throughout the game...

The less you gave in to Johnny, the more you reject him - bam, get the option to just "delete" him from your brain in the end. Freeing yourself. Add a Johnny-Bossfight in your mind or something, where you first hunt him down through various mind-constructs of his past - hey, fight him right in stage with a raoring crowd behind you, for maximum epicness! V ends with her mind, her life intact. Goes back to normal "boring merc life".

Don't do that - you get to storm Arasaka, take on Yorinobu hand to hand combat! Splosion! Action! Skyscrapers burning! Hot chicks showing their butts! Death in six months included, thank's Johnny! Have fun with a female body!

THAT would be consequences - not what you clicked in the final dialogue before the endgame starts, but the choices and answers you gave throughout the game, leading up to your path. Not even a "choice" needed i nthe end, you just naturally get where your actions led you to...

Also adds more replayability, and ensures walkthrough-writers stay employed and their sites get clicks

Top Bottom