[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
We, we need total remaster, with cut content and promised features restored and complete endings overhaul, anything less will be not enough. But realistically thinking, remaster will not come sooner than in several (5-7) years.
Post automatically merged:

Depression is not even close as fatal as seizures and it's hard to prove that game ending caused the depression in court. CD Projekt suits are well aware of that, so we are still not worth the effort(
Compare morbidity of the two and get back with me.

Just thought I'd pop in and say that depression is the leading cause to suicide, and while I'm not going to like, link anything here on what is more destructive etc. But we should never just glaze over depression. Just that you'd be surprised what can push someone over the edge. Doubtful that it can be linked into a game though unless someone goes out of their way to fat finger it as the thing that really set them off in a depressive state. Like that guy who spent days curled up and crying because Cyberpunk was a huge disappointment. :shrug:
I will not, but still too hard to prove on court than seizures. And if CP77 really causes serious depressions, we will surely hear of such cases soon enough.

That’s some twisted logic LMAO, The game clearly set up a continuation during the endings, be it following the Nomads or the Mysterious Mr. Blue eyes. And don’t forget the message you get when you try to go towards Arizona.
That's totally subjective, neither I nor many others (including some that are happy with the nomad ending) see the ending as being open for continuation

I will not, but still too hard to prove on court than seizures. And if CP77 really causes serious depressions, we will surely hear of such cases soon enough.
Oh certainly, thankfully they patched that though. They can't patch up the massive disappointment of this RPG though. Feel sad for those who waited seven years for this game, and allowed themselves to be taken in by the hype train. That's really destructive in itself. I would have been one of these people if I didn't finally temper myself when the first push back hit.

People's depression is set off by this would not surprise me, it certainly tickled at my own and left me feeling pretty emotionally drained and lacking an appetite. But it's less this game and more this is the what broke the camels back.

Compare morbidity of the two and get back with me.
In that case CD would be already sued multiple times and we would definitely heard of this

Oh certainly, thankfully they patched that though. They can't patch up the massive disappointment of this RPG though. Feel sad for those who waited seven years for this game, and allowed themselves to be taken in by the hype train. That's really destructive in itself. I would have been one of these people if I didn't finally temper myself when the first push back hit.

People's depression is set off by this would not surprise me, it certainly tickled at my own and left me feeling pretty emotionally drained and lacking an appetite. But it's less this game and more this is the what the camels back.
I feel sad myself, this game had great potential.

That's totally subjective, neither I nor many others (including some that are happy with the nomad ending) see the ending as being open for continuation
Well you can be blind to the truth but V won’t be dead for another 6 months or more and with the spoils of the Arasaka raid The Aldecados will have ample opportunity to look for the cure elsewhere.

Sounds like post-book blues to me.

If you were legitimately clinically depressed after finishing this game then CDPR needs to give their writers a fat bonus.
Wasn't essentially talking about myself, and if you are invested in something it natural to be disappointed if it ends in a shitty way. It's not hard to create a depressing/disappointing ending, quite the opposite actually

In that case CD would be already sued miltiple times and we would definitely heard of this

I feel sad myself, this game had great potential.
Yeah, no - many works of art are horribly depressing. Shoah isn't exactly a happy "movie".
Simply because no one is "suing" them because story is sad is a non argument as any judge would say you have no legal right to happy story. Most Grimm fairy tales dont end well.

I agree with you - just because arent hearing about it doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

The issue I have with the Aldecados ending is what do they know that a massive megacorp doesn't. Do they have links with Biotechnica? In the corp start, we do know that they're 'enemies', and Arasaka has not been able to get information from them as any espionage agents were given phoney information.

I like the ending but Panam saying stuff like - they've helped our people out of dark places. Like what? Alcoholism?

This is what gets me. What is in Arizona, what is this connection. How does she know about it? Is this something to do with their smuggling and while Militech absolutely loathes nomads?

Well you can be blind to the truth but V won’t be dead for another 6 months or more and with the spoils of the Arasaka raid The Aldecados will have ample opportunity to look for cure elsewhere.
It's not impossible. I guess it's an oil twig to people who want V to live.

But it ls clear that the writers want V dead for some reason. Be it for another MC taking over in a sequel or not having to make a sequel at all.

Or it's just a giant bluff and we get a new story arc, where we either have to repay our cure or gain it.

Yeah, no - many works of art are horribly depressing. Shoah isn't exactly a happy "movie".
Simply because no one is "suing" them because story is sad is a non argument as any judge would say you have no legal right to happy story. Most Grimm fairy tales dont end well.

I agree with you - just because arent hearing about it doesnt mean it doesnt exist.
I, personally, want total remaster of entire game, cut content restored, promised features implemented, endings overhauled. Anything less would not be enough

Well you can be blind to the truth but V won’t be dead for another 6 months or more and with the spoils of the Arasaka raid The Aldecados will have ample opportunity to look for cure elsewhere.
What I know is that the game I have has a shitty ending. I'm really not sure what future DLC has to do with that? A cure in the future won't make this game any better

Also, I don't care about the nomads, my V is corpo

It's not impossible. I guess it's an oil twig to people who want V to live.

But it ls clear that the writers want V dead for some reason. Be it for another MC taking over in a sequel or not having to make a sequel at all.

Or it's just a giant bluff and we get a new story arc, where we either have to repay our cure or gain it.
The latter, we’re going to have to work hard and compromise for a cure.

Top Bottom